Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325207 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.0.3
« Reply #405 on: November 10, 2014, 09:13:21 PM »

I think its nice to have fractions have varied fleets... but some situations don't seem right to me. Like the tri-tachyon having an onslaught in one of its fleets.

The Tri-Tachyon will stoop to using an Onslaught if they have a very unstable port.  It's rare, though.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.0.4
« Reply #406 on: November 10, 2014, 10:16:34 PM »

Well, yet another update, and this time with a weapon:

Flare Burst Launcher [Medium Missile: 12 OP]

Massacre of the missiles.

We already have a flare launcher, so why not a larger version with active flares?  This is the definitive missile-slot point defense weapon.  It may not have offensive potential, but it can stop cold almost any kind of missile strike.

Version 2.0.4
  • Added Flare Burst MRM
  • Fixed fleet flagships
  • Improved bounty curve and variety
  • Added Fuel Refinery market condition; placed on various stations to make fuel more plentiful

jupjupy

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.0.4
« Reply #407 on: November 11, 2014, 02:26:57 AM »

Hmm, are you going to dabble into weapon balance, Revenant? Been using this with Mayorate and since the Burst PD Laser OP was dropped to 6, it becomes clearly superior to, for example, the Graser PD, as well as a couple of other things.

Also, any chance we could get another skill for fighters, perhaps something on the offensive/defensive side? They feel a little better now especially with the flight deck hullmod, but some of them - like the Claymore, a heavy bomber - get demolished without shields.
You see, Araragi-san, in a way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain.
Normally, you only need to see what's happening on stage. That's how reality works.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #408 on: November 11, 2014, 03:08:14 AM »

Hmm, are you going to dabble into weapon balance, Revenant? Been using this with Mayorate and since the Burst PD Laser OP was dropped to 6, it becomes clearly superior to, for example, the Graser PD, as well as a couple of other things.

Also, any chance we could get another skill for fighters, perhaps something on the offensive/defensive side? They feel a little better now especially with the flight deck hullmod, but some of them - like the Claymore, a heavy bomber - get demolished without shields.

Your claymores are getting demolished?  In my experience they are extremely effective if the enemy doesn't have heavy duty anti-fighter weapons (or turreted assault guns etc).  Those annihilators really hurt.  Plus Claymores are basically brick shithouses -- tougher than some frigates.

Kazi is free to drop the OP cost of the Graser PD to reflect its actual strength.  Mods should generally consider vanilla energy PD to be overpriced.

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 11, 2014, 05:22:31 AM »

Added Fuel Refinery market condition; placed on various stations to make fuel more plentiful

Do we have to start a new game for this change to apply? I only ask since don't know if basic universe info is checked in the core game files or if each individual save file has its own copy.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 05:50:42 AM by Regularity »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #410 on: November 11, 2014, 05:46:27 AM »

Added Fuel Refinery market condition; placed on various stations to make fuel more plentiful

Do we have to start a new game for this change to apply? I only ask since don't know if basic universe info is checked in the core game files or if each individual save file has its own copy.

Correct.  However, I'd hold off a day because I'm releasing the Templars soon.

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 11, 2014, 05:51:27 AM »

Also, any chance you could boost the minimum reserve fuel on the black market next patch? Maybe from 50 to 200 since you've quadrupled basic fuel consumption, thus keeping the same parity as before.

I'm finding myself getting trapped in trade hub systems I visit frequently since I've consumed all the fuel, both on the normal markets and black markets. I have to edit save games just so I can escape.  :-\

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #412 on: November 11, 2014, 05:59:59 AM »

Also, any chance you could boost the minimum reserve fuel on the black market next patch? Maybe from 50 to 200 since you've quadrupled basic fuel consumption, thus keeping the same parity as before.

I'm finding myself getting trapped in trade hub systems I visit frequently since I've consumed all the fuel, both on the normal markets and black markets. I have to edit save games just so I can escape.  :-\

Fuel use is "only" doubled as of 2.0.1, actually.  In any case, you bring up a good point; I'll be injecting extra fuel into the markets so there is supply available.

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 11, 2014, 08:38:56 AM »

Can't wait! When are you expecting to release it? This afternoon, evening, or tomorrow?

Also, one other minor balancing issue: the Augmented Engines +100% fuel consumption is absolutely brutal when added on top of the 200% default fuel consumption, to the point I would never even consider using it (at least, not for a measly +1 burn rate). Also makes it practically impossible to use on large ships. You might need to tweak the numbers with particular hullmod.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 08:40:43 AM by Regularity »

cardgame

• Commander
  • Sonic Rainboom
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 11, 2014, 02:45:01 PM »

As long as we're on the subject of game balance, Phoenix II rockets are massively, massively, massively overpowered. Mainly because they have an excellent tracking system for their short range. It's absolutely incredible how easy it is to slaughter literally anything with them. I have four on my Afflictor phase frigate and it hits like a cruiser. One salvo can OHKO pretty much any destroyer. They're essentially torpedos with great tracking and 22 rounds of ammo (11 shots) as opposed to 2 (with some skill perks).

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 11, 2014, 03:19:25 PM »

That's a mayorate weapon...

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.0.5
« Reply #416 on: November 11, 2014, 04:02:57 PM »

This is hopefully going to be the last update for a while.

Version 2.0.5
  • Updated weapon grouper
  • Updated for new Knights Templar content
  • More fuel is available at markets
  • Augmented Engines fuel penalty reduced to 25% from 100%
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 04:06:26 PM by Dark.Revenant »

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.0.5
« Reply #417 on: November 11, 2014, 04:06:41 PM »

Finally, the Templar patch! I was waiting all day for this. Huzzah! Keep up the great work.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 11, 2014, 04:46:33 PM »

I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but choosing "Become a smuggler's apprentice" doesn't do anything, leaving you to pick something else.

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 11, 2014, 07:28:05 PM »

Minor bug: It seems some of the very minor colonies (barren-type worlds with nil population or production, like Maxos or Asharu) will sell fuel for rock bottom prices -- 11 credits each. Whereas "real" fuel manufacturing worlds like Sinadra never sell lower than ~35 credits.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 197