Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325147 times)

MShadowy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.0.3
« Reply #390 on: November 10, 2014, 09:00:23 AM »

Speaking of settings, is
"savlageCargoFraction":0.65,

supposed to be misspelled like that?

Yes.

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 10, 2014, 11:34:22 AM »

I'm a bit of a newbie to Starsector, let alone to this mod (which I started playing an hour ago), so sorry in advance is this has already been asked before:

I'm unable to load any save games, due extremely slow load times that causes the game to give up and just dump an error log instead of trying to finish loading. This is even on brand new game starts, wherein I've only been playing a few minutes. I'm using all the currently-compatible mods (Citadel, Mayorate, Shadowyards) and the latest version of the Starsector+, game client, and two library files.

Anyone know what might cause this issue?

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 10, 2014, 11:42:53 AM »

That's typically symptomatic of insufficient memory - the game is very memory hungry, especially when loading saves.  You'll want to swap over to 64 bit java (assuming you're running a 64 bit OS) and increase the amount of RAM Starsector is allowed to use.

See here for instructions on how to adjust the memory / java version.  (On windows.  On a mac, you'll want to right-click, select "show package contents", and then do the relevant edits in the .sh file under Contents/MacOS.  On linux... um... it should be around somewhere?)

I typically run with 1.5G ("-Xms1536m -Xmx1536m"), but depending on how much actual RAM you've got, you might want to go even higher than that.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 10, 2014, 11:58:10 AM »

That's typically symptomatic of insufficient memory - the game is very memory hungry, especially when loading saves.  You'll want to swap over to 64 bit java (assuming you're running a 64 bit OS) and increase the amount of RAM Starsector is allowed to use.

See here for instructions on how to adjust the memory / java version.  (On windows.  On a mac, you'll want to right-click, select "show package contents", and then do the relevant edits in the .sh file under Contents/MacOS.  On linux... um... it should be around somewhere?)

I typically run with 1.5G ("-Xms1536m -Xmx1536m"), but depending on how much actual RAM you've got, you might want to go even higher than that.

By Jove, you've fixed it.  :D
Thanks for a prompt solution, even if I did ask it on the wrong thread.

Sovietpride

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 10, 2014, 01:35:16 PM »

Hi gais.

I haz a question.

Is there anyway of getting some of the more high-end ships to show up for sale?

I know its been mentioned elsewhere that there is a chronic shortage of certain vessel classes, but something I miss in the current version of this (amazing and thoroughly enjoyable) mod, is the lack of high end-ships like the renegade class which you could previously buy. (I currently have one by luck of engage/boarding)

Secondarily, any plans to bring back the end-game type fleets that were roving around before 0.65? Lack of citadels and infernus's is being sorely missed =(

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #395 on: November 10, 2014, 02:17:30 PM »

The endgame fleets, war fleets, etc. are not trivial to set up because they all require custom events to be done properly, or it just feels unprofessional.  I simply don't have the time to make them.  Until then, high-end bounty fleets are quite difficult indeed.

The Templars will have an event that spawns non-Templar war fleets from nearby systems, however.  If you activate that mod once I finish the update, you might be able to fight some big fleets.

Cathedral, Infernus, Monolith, etc. can show up in max-size patrols on occasion.  Just attack them long enough and you'll see them pop up.

Renegades will show up at some independent markets, at black markets, at pirate stations, etc.

The next update later today will probably boost the max size of bounty fleets, fix a flagship bug, and add small refineries across the sector that add fuel into the system.  Keep in mind that fuel use is only doubled currently, not quadrupled.  And if you change that setting yourself, make sure you also modify the comm relay stats inversely proportionally.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 10, 2014, 04:02:19 PM »

The next update later today will probably boost the max size of bounty fleets, fix a flagship bug, and add small refineries across the sector that add fuel into the system.  Keep in mind that fuel use is only doubled currently, not quadrupled.  And if you change that setting yourself, make sure you also modify the comm relay stats inversely proportionally.
So, that's why some fleets have fighter wings as their flagships...

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 10, 2014, 04:18:15 PM »

Speaking of settings, is

Yes.

Seriously? I "fixed" the issue here, is this a problem with the core game?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #398 on: November 10, 2014, 04:38:33 PM »

Speaking of settings, is

Yes.

Seriously? I "fixed" the issue here, is this a problem with the core game?

If you changed the spelling to be correct, you actually stopped that line from working.  It has to be misspelled because the misspelled version is what the core game is looking for.  It's misspelled in the core code too.

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 10, 2014, 05:39:14 PM »

I've run into a few problems with the mod, or maybe it's the new update causing it.

1. Most planets I go to are swarming with patrols and massive detachments. It's gotten so bad that it's causing the game to slow to a crawl whenever I'm near them. Tartassus in particular is so bad that the Idoneus Exile Colony fleet gets annihilated before it can even get to the wormhole out.

2. Repeated crashes, the log says its the same reason. Happen randomly.
Spoiler
2133973 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.FoodShortageEvent  - [The Exiled Idoneus Colony Fleet] Expired
2134138 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.RecentUnrestEvent.startEvent(RecentUnrestEvent.java:20)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.events.CampaignEventManager.startEvent(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.BaseEventPlugin.increaseRecentUnrest(BaseEventPlugin.java:265)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.FoodShortageEvent.endEvent(FoodShortageEvent.java:615)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.FoodShortageEvent.advance(FoodShortageEvent.java:374)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.events.CampaignEventManager.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.C.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.B.void.class$super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 05:40:55 PM by Blaze »

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 10, 2014, 05:46:42 PM »

2. Repeated crashes, the log says its the same reason. Happen randomly.
Spoiler
2133973 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.FoodShortageEvent  - [The Exiled Idoneus Colony Fleet] Expired
2134138 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.RecentUnrestEvent.startEvent(RecentUnrestEvent.java:20)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.events.CampaignEventManager.startEvent(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.BaseEventPlugin.increaseRecentUnrest(BaseEventPlugin.java:265)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.FoodShortageEvent.endEvent(FoodShortageEvent.java:615)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.FoodShortageEvent.advance(FoodShortageEvent.java:374)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.events.CampaignEventManager.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.C.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.B.void.class$super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

If the version of ICE that you're running isn't v0.3.2, update that one, pronto. Sundog fixed that particular crash in the newest version, among others.

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 10, 2014, 05:54:54 PM »

Oh duh, Idoneus isn't part of Starsector+ Stupid, Stupid me. Terribly sorry for bothering you.

On topic, the Plasma flamer is my new favorite weapon; it eats up most ships once I get around their shield arc and it grinds up incoming missiles. Which is pretty important considering how disturbingly common Tornadoes and Hornets are. Is there a way to counter them? They don't do much damage to my heavier ships, but they eat up my fighters before I can do anything. I suppose deploying my heavier ships to soak up the initial missile wave would deal with it, but when the reinforcements come in, they bring more missiles.

Mazuo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 10, 2014, 06:42:34 PM »

Loving being able to use the improved skill selection again.  For a small detail, really great how you changed missiles to self-destruct instead of simply fading away.

Barracuda

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 10, 2014, 08:07:49 PM »

I think its nice to have fractions have varied fleets... but some situations don't seem right to me. Like the tri-tachyon having an onslaught in one of its fleets.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 10, 2014, 08:14:25 PM »

Fleet tech level is based on the stability of its home port, though it didn't seem to swing as widely in Vanilla. Perception is easily flawed, though.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 197