Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325206 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.0.2
« Reply #375 on: November 09, 2014, 01:45:11 AM »

Fixed a couple bugs.  If you are loading from a 2.0 or 2.0.1 save, keep in mind that fleet flagships will be slightly immortal for the next in-game month.

Version 2.0.2
  • Fixed Duel of the Century
  • Fixed fleet flagships not sustaining damage

Oathseeker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.0.2
« Reply #376 on: November 09, 2014, 03:24:16 AM »

After copying the 2.02 build over the 2.00 build I get the following crash after several seconds in the main menu. Probably something I did wrong ;)

Spoiler
Fatal: com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.D cannot be cast to
com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.interfacesuper
check starsector.log for more info
[close]

Tried copying the entire starsector.log into this post, which crashed my browser... So I tried uploading it, but then it tells me I can't post replies in this board.. So if you need it, I'll find some other way, if not, great ;)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #377 on: November 09, 2014, 04:27:17 AM »

Copying over is never a good idea; always delete and then replace.

Oathseeker

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 09, 2014, 05:20:20 AM »

Copying over is never a good idea; always delete and then replace.

pfff, says who? Except ofcourse my computer. But what does he know? In computer years he's old enough to be my grandfather. And god knows grandfathers don't know anything about computers.

Edit: Did that, played for a bit, then stopped. After a while my computer crashed (unrelated) and after that it gave me the same crash. It could be that somehow the crash re-rolled my re-install, but it's also possible this is an actual bug. I'll let you know what happens ;)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 09:03:27 AM by Oathseeker »

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 09, 2014, 11:04:20 AM »

You may want to (or find someone who knows how to) do a surface scan of your hard drive. Pre-SSD hard drives are essentially magnetic tapes miniaturized and in disk form; metal floppy disks. Eventually the tiny magnets that make up the ones and zeroes wear out, and can start to spontaneously lose data. Mine had quite a few sectors go bad, which caused two games to corrupt and the operating system to crash at random long intervals. Hard drives are also built with extra space that can't be used normally due to being too physically small to form a suitable portion of the disk; repair software can tell the drive's controller to remap the dead and dying sectors to this fresh space so that the operating system never knows they moved, but can continue writing and reading properly.

If there are more than a couple dead sectors, it's a signal your hard drive probably isn't going to live much longer and that you should buy a new one to copy it over to and replace it with.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 11:06:01 AM by OOZ662 »
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

arcozelo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 09, 2014, 07:44:51 PM »

wingcommand top speed buffs are inverted - fighters get less speed with each level. (using 2.0.2)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
[0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.0.3
« Reply #381 on: November 10, 2014, 01:26:25 AM »

Circe-class Combat Freighter [6 Logistics]

This freighter's got teeth.

We were missing a high-tech combat freighter, and we were missing a cruiser-sized freighter.  Why not kill two birds with one stone?  Meet the Circe, a combat-capable high-tech freighter.  It might not have the Venture's punch or flight deck, but it's cheaper and faster.  Sprite by Psiyon.

Version 2.0.3
  • Added Circe-class Combat Freighter
  • Updated ship bounding polygons
  • Fixed Wing Command fighter speed bonus

jupjupy

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.0.3
« Reply #382 on: November 10, 2014, 01:35:36 AM »

I'm sorry, I cant stop reading that as "Circle-class", heh.
You see, Araragi-san, in a way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain.
Normally, you only need to see what's happening on stage. That's how reality works.

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.0
« Reply #383 on: November 10, 2014, 02:34:10 AM »

The whole fuel change thing just stems from a wrong assumption anyway. The assumption is that tankers are pointless because fuel costs for traveling are too low. But that's not what tankers are for:
Tankers aren't for keeping your car topped off on a cross country journey - they're for transporting fuel in bulk to sell it. When there's a fuel shortage and you want to make mad bank off it you get a tanker. If there's a goods shortage and you wanna make mad bank off it you get a freighter. Different hauling ships for different jobs.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #384 on: November 10, 2014, 02:37:29 AM »

The whole fuel change thing just stems from a wrong assumption anyway. The assumption is that tankers are pointless because fuel costs for traveling are too low. But that's not what tankers are for:
Tankers aren't for keeping your car topped off on a cross country journey - they're for transporting fuel in bulk to sell it. When there's a fuel shortage and you want to make mad bank off it you get a tanker. If there's a goods shortage and you wanna make mad bank off it you get a freighter. Different hauling ships for different jobs.

Why would you buy tankers just to sell fuel, when you can sell about 15 types of things with freighters instead?

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 10, 2014, 03:40:35 AM »

Why would you buy tankers just to sell fuel, when you can sell about 15 types of things with freighters instead?

Because 15 other things to sell don't do you any good if there's a fuel shortage somewhere or when you're intercepting a fuel-carrying pirate. Might as well ask why bother with flight decks if there's so many ships that have guns. They do a specific thing that no other ship does and that's why they're needed - in those specific cases.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 03:42:35 AM by DatonKallandor »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #386 on: November 10, 2014, 03:46:19 AM »

Because 15 other things to sell don't do you any good if there's a fuel shortage somewhere or when you're intercepting a fuel-carrying pirate. Might as ask why bother with flight decks if there's so many ships that have guns. They do a specific thing that no other ship does and that's why they're needed - in those specific cases.

Yeah, you might get 1 tanker for every four or so freighters you pick up if you're in the fuel business, but at the end of the day they are only profitable if some event is driving up fuel prices somewhere.  Aside from that edge case, there is no reason to have tankers in most fleets due to the amount of fuel that it takes to move around.  A typical ship range is about 30-40 light years, but that's enough for a round trip from any star to any other star (in vanilla).  I was trying to add more versatility and usefulness to tankers by making fleets rely on them more for long-term voyages.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #387 on: November 10, 2014, 05:38:55 AM »

Well, we only have six star systems in vanilla now. When more stars are added further away, we'll probably need tankers to get around efficiently.

Related: Are the AI fleets using up all the fuel on markets or something? None of the vanilla locations seem to have any real fuel stockpiles; even Sindria has a few hundred units up per market at any given time at best. Euripides does have fairly good stocks (probably from its high population); I didn't check the Mayorate or Citadel systems yet.

garfu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 10, 2014, 07:34:54 AM »

It's pretty easy to revert that change yourself anyway. Just change the PixelPerLightyear or whatever param from 500 to 2000  in the settings.json within the SS+ folder, it's right at the top. I love SS+ but didn't like that change, so I changed it myself.

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 10, 2014, 08:28:11 AM »

Speaking of settings, is
"savlageCargoFraction":0.65,

supposed to be misspelled like that?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 197