Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1325279 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia

BRDY has not been updated to the latest version yet in its thread.  Nor has Citadel.  This is nothing I have any control over.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Okay. A heads up about 1.2.0 utilizing new, not yet public, versions would've been useful.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia

It was now or never.  Anyway, updated the download pages.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia

Small update.  However, all of the integrated mods are now compatible (once Foxer uploads his update)!  Play away!

Version 1.2.1
  • Phase Displacer and Phase Teleporter slightly nerfed
  • Compatibility update for Citadel
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 08:31:21 PM by Dark.Revenant »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia

The long-awaited update is finally here!

Version 1.3
  • Interstellar Imperium integrated
  • Ship explosion ripples added
  • Shield impact ripples added
  • Distortion for mjolnir projectiles added
  • Additional lights for ship explosions
  • Various minor improvements
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 06:22:47 PM by Dark.Revenant »

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile

Ship explosion ripples are not centered on the ships for me.

Unsure what feedback assist data to add.
Using Windows 7, several other mods.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia

Ship explosion ripples are not centered on the ships for me.

Unsure what feedback assist data to add.
Using Windows 7, several other mods.

Screenshot?

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile

For reasons that escape comprehension, neither Blackrock (v0.6.5) nor Citadel (v0.6.3) spawned fleets are showing as leveled (bug? visual gaffe?) when loaded alongside v1.3 of Starsector+; this issue does not extend to the v1.0 release of Interstellar Imperium, nor the v0.59b release of Exigency Incorporated.

I was able to get around this issue via a rather messy method; I opened up Blackrock's and Citadel's respective .jar(s) with WinRAR and deleted any .class files (in 'data\scripts\world' and associated sub-folders) with *Spawn* in their names, which allowed the *Spawn*.class files in SSP.jar to load instead, without opposition.

Which shouldn't even be an issue normally, as SS+'s mod_info.json has a 'name' field (using a '$' instead of 'S') that should allow it to take top priority over all subsequently-loaded mods, but for some reason(s), that wasn't happening with the *Spawn* files for the Blackrock and Citadel mods. Or else those mods were coded differently, or something.

*shrugs helplessly*
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 08:05:04 AM by TimeDiver »

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Screenshot?

No screenshot either but i can confirm, sometimes (hard to see) the ripple isn't centered.

However i have a screenshot for something else.

Spoiler
[close]

When ships are lightened, a ghost reflect appear on the background, it looks kinda weird.

RedHessian

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I've no idea why, maybe it's just my old machine having a fit, but ripple effects such as shield impacts cause grievous frame slowdown for me. The effect from a ship being destroyed left me on slideshow frames for roughly a minute before it cleared up. Usually the game runs at a smooth 60 FPS for me, even during heavy combat.

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I've no idea why, maybe it's just my old machine having a fit, but ripple effects such as shield impacts cause grievous frame slowdown for me. The effect from a ship being destroyed left me on slideshow frames for roughly a minute before it cleared up. Usually the game runs at a smooth 60 FPS for me, even during heavy combat.

AMD or nVidia card? Card name?

ttwister

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Please... Make me the happiest man alive... Integrate it to exerlin, with all the factions & system.. It would be sooooo awesome...

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia

Do you also have lighting on? Because the ripples should be much faster than lighting effects.

Please... Make me the happiest man alive... Integrate it to exerlin, with all the factions & system.. It would be sooooo awesome...

All the factions in SS+ are in Exerelin...

No screenshot either but i can confirm, sometimes (hard to see) the ripple isn't centered.

However i have a screenshot for something else.

Spoiler
[close]

When ships are lightened, a ghost reflect appear on the background, it looks kinda weird.

It sounds to me like everything would be off-center for you in that case, considering the light.  What GPU do you have? What operating system are you on?

Edit: BTW the ripple moves with the ship, unlike the flare.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 04:45:04 PM by Dark.Revenant »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia

Fixed a few issues...

Version 1.3.1
  • World generation conflicts resolved

Version 1.3.0
  • Interstellar Imperium integrated
  • Ship explosion ripples added
  • Shield impact ripples added
  • Distortion for mjolnir projectiles added
  • Additional lights for ship explosions
  • Various minor improvements
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 07:59:38 PM by Dark.Revenant »

spudcosmic

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey, I've been thinking that the Tri Tachyons are really lacking a lightweight carrier. They have so many good fighters but you can't really use them unless you get another faction's carrier or use the capital sized carrier. Anyway I just wanted to throw that idea out there.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 197