Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1328354 times)

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Starsector+ 3.3.0
« Reply #2505 on: March 17, 2016, 08:22:10 AM »

Venom-X is probably the most irritating thing to fight.
The changes gimp it hard. But can you imagine fighting one that flew flawlessly?

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: March 17, 2016, 09:54:08 AM »

I mean the entire point of the Venom-X is that it's a low-tech Hyperion, and the Hyperion can get pretty silly sometimes.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: March 17, 2016, 05:27:09 PM »

Don't know if anyone else has seen, but when the Cabal dudes sass you and demand money they don't actually give an amount.
The text where the figure should be reads "$tithe_amount" (or something to that effect).

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: March 17, 2016, 05:31:22 PM »

Don't know if anyone else has seen, but when the Cabal dudes sass you and demand money they don't actually give an amount.
The text where the figure should be reads "$tithe_amount" (or something to that effect).

Happens in my game too, not like I would ever pay that tithe thing, cheaper to go down in flames.

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: March 19, 2016, 10:51:35 PM »

Dark.Revenant bro we love Starsector+ its like one of the few mods I refuse to play without, don't let ANGRYABOUTLEVEL's bother you. He one player with a view point that only he seems to care about. Maybe he just jealous or something, whatever his ideals aren't worth your frustration. If he really wants to change it than he can make his on bloody mod and his own changes and if he doesn't he can bugger off. That simple.

Hell I'm not even sure if he just isn't trolling you with a name like his he seems like he is just looking to be a troll and annoy others.

Edit: For the record I made this post because SS+ dropped off the main forum list for some reason for me. I was curious about what was going on and then read all the insuing drama. Mods (and just how much Alex actually cares) like this are what make SS really great for me, so please Dark.Revenant don't become disenchanted with this wonderful community because some random guy is being distasteful and for that matter distasteful about one bloody ship in a mod that add quite a bit of flavor to the game and honestly I can't imagine playing without.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 10:57:58 PM by Alphascrub »

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: March 19, 2016, 11:00:34 PM »

Venom-X is probably the most irritating thing to fight.
The changes gimp it hard. But can you imagine fighting one that flew flawlessly?

Honestly a decent heavy fighter wing in an early fleet can just eat this thing alive.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #2511 on: March 19, 2016, 11:28:41 PM »

When were you under the impression that I was stopping updates?

I disagree with the notion of making a burn speed arms race.  However, the Cronus did need a change -- you simply can't have the name "Cronus" and not have time mechanics.

The Venom-X is also receiving changes, namely removing SO and the Delicate Machinery hullmods.

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: March 19, 2016, 11:42:53 PM »

Dark.Revenant, I'd like to apologize. I'm used to a more caustic environment, and when I tried to give feedback, I went and dripped acid all over the place. That you've took the core of that feedback, that I feel the Cronus needs something extra, and are working on implementing it anyway, speaks well of you. I'll attempt to moderate my tone in the future.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 11:44:42 PM by ANGRYABOUTELVES »

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: March 20, 2016, 04:26:27 AM »

Somehow this Excelsior won't unphase.

Spoiler
[close]

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: March 20, 2016, 05:28:07 AM »

Oh man, a temporal shell Cronus sounds downright scary, I may even have to pick one up now.

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: March 20, 2016, 11:52:58 AM »

When were you under the impression that I was stopping updates?

I disagree with the notion of making a burn speed arms race.  However, the Cronus did need a change -- you simply can't have the name "Cronus" and not have time mechanics.

The Venom-X is also receiving changes, namely removing SO and the Delicate Machinery hullmods.

I uh wasn't trying to insinuate you were going to stop updates. But after reading my post I get that about the only thing one could think since I didn't articulate very well if at all. Short version. Keep up the amazing work and we all appreciate the mods you make. Sorry for confusion there.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #2516 on: March 20, 2016, 10:36:01 PM »

NightKev

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: March 21, 2016, 03:00:12 AM »

It seems the AI considers fighter wings with 0%CR to be battle-ready; I had a vengeance fleet after me that was down to ~30 0%CR fighter wings and nothing else and it kept trying to re-engage. Going into battle I would instantly win (since they couldn't deploy anything) and the cycle would repeat.

Edit: Hm, it looks like the IBBs aren't available anymore. I know I haven't completed them all yet... do all the factions that are listed as "running" the IBB need to exist at once? The Hegemony recently got conquered but II still exists (I forget which others are listed).

---

The Cabal is looking quite interesting, looks like I'm going to be fighting them though if they think they can extort ships off of me...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 03:22:53 AM by NightKev »

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: March 21, 2016, 03:37:07 AM »

IBBs expire.

If you wait a long time, it will automatically advance stage, so if you don't want to miss out on a bounty, you need to take Francis Butler within six months and continue doing an IBB every three months.

Larger markets can have later IBBs available, so you can do them slightly out of order.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #2519 on: March 21, 2016, 08:16:43 AM »

I later changed that so it only does the auto-advance before you take your first IBB.  IBBs will show up on any member market large enough (iirc size 4), subject to random chance -- the offers shuffle around sometimes.

The Cabal will extort credits, cargo, ships, and weapons that they feel they could make a decent profit from.  It's pretty nasty sometimes, but there is a benefit for following their demands.

NightKev, did that fleet have carriers remaining?  If not, I should write a routine where a 0% fighter wing w/o a carrier in the fleet will explode spontaneously.
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 197