Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1328775 times)

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.7.6
« Reply #1395 on: April 19, 2015, 01:53:40 PM »

Typical :/ I suppose the templar weapons are that way to?

In the Templar's case at least, you can go into the mod data, and find the Omnifactory Folder. There is a Spreadsheet file which has the excluded weapons and ships. You can probably edit that file if you want to cheat and allow it.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

r4plez

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: April 19, 2015, 02:14:13 PM »

Hello, i recently had to reinstall game, and after adding this mod Starsector+ 2.7.6 game is crashing on loading..

I have replaced jre folder with jre1.8.0_25, changed it's name to jre also increased mem to 2gigs in bat file like in this: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8726.0;wap2

I'am getting error Fatal: Index:0, Size:0

This is my log file: http://www.gamefront.com/files/24951833/starsector.7z

Game without mod is running fine..

EDIT: Game is working now - i have just forgot to dl Shader&lazy libs - This is what you get when you in a hurry to play game  :o
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 02:47:10 PM by r4plez »

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1397 on: April 19, 2015, 03:20:36 PM »

Dark's answers always make me feel inadequate. Indifferent to what/who you're replying, you're always complete and insightful even if this wasn't even remotely close to what the initial question was.

This probably is a testament to the completeness and carefulness you design your mods with as well as probably everything else you achieve in general.

PS: Yes, I went there. Thanks!

The worst thing is to ask a question and never get a reply, so I endeavor to respond to everyone and everything if I can.

Hello, i recently had to reinstall game, and after adding this mod Starsector+ 2.7.6 game is crashing on loading..

I have replaced jre folder with jre1.8.0_25, changed it's name to jre also increased mem to 2gigs in bat file like in this: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8726.0;wap2

I'am getting error Fatal: Index:0, Size:0

This is my log file: http://www.gamefront.com/files/24951833/starsector.7z

Game without mod is running fine..

EDIT: Game is working now - i have just forgot to dl Shader&lazy libs - This is what you get when you in a hurry to play game  :o

Glad you worked it out!

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: April 19, 2015, 04:03:04 PM »

In the Templar's case at least, you can go into the mod data, and find the Omnifactory Folder. There is a Spreadsheet file which has the excluded weapons and ships. You can probably edit that file if you want to cheat and allow it.

Same for any mod that restricts goods at the OmniFactory.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: April 19, 2015, 07:21:52 PM »

Same for any mod that restricts goods at the OmniFactory.
And if you want to flat out remove all restrictions, you can set "ignoreGoodRestrictions":false to "ignoreGoodRestrictions":true. It is located in mods\Omnifactory\data\config\omnifactory\omnifac_settings.json
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: April 25, 2015, 05:49:43 PM »

Quick balance feedback:

I have found that I can only play with the ion torpedo's hit effect turned off. I'm not sure what other people's experience is with it, but I find that giving hard flux on a hull hit is gamebreaking. The AI can't deal with it at all, either.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: April 26, 2015, 02:14:48 AM »

there are a few weapons that do this, can't name them all of the top of my head, buta few would be ion torpedo, tachyon lance, phase lance, ballista LRM launcher(the big yellow one), and so on. and the AI does indeed have problems dealing with it.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1402 on: April 26, 2015, 04:10:44 AM »

As far as I am aware, the only weapons/systems that do this are Ion Torpedo, Tachyon Lance, Secace Cannon, Galatine Heavy Cannon, Arondight Accelerator, Excalibur Drive, and Priwen Burst Shield.

For the Ion Torpedo, the AI will try to defend with a shield if at all possible, nullifying the issue.  I'm nerfing the flux anyway, though.  Tachyon Lance is in a similar boat: it's simply not hard-hitting enough to actually make much of a difference.

The Templar weapons do mess with the AI a bit, but that's hardly the only thing they're guilty of.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: April 26, 2015, 09:14:47 PM »

Perhaps I'm using an old version? I'm tooling around in a Paragon with dual front Tachyons, and they are pretty much an "I Win" button against any enemy with high flux. Being able to force overloads, even when their shields are down, is crazy crazy good.

I am enjoying many of the other weapon tweaks though - I don't mean to sound too negative :P. Just my opinion on this one thing.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1404 on: April 26, 2015, 11:20:22 PM »

If even one thing is worse than the original, the mod is a failure because it's no longer an enhancement.  That said, the Tachyon Lance had erroneously high flux damage, so instead I'll just remove the mechanic from that weapon.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: April 27, 2015, 12:02:03 AM »

If even one thing is worse than the original, the mod is a failure because it's no longer an enhancement.

In that case, you might wanna look at the Mjolnir again. In vanilla it now gets infinite ammo while SS+ Mjolnir is crippled by a charge counter that makes it weak in prolonged firefights.

Unfolder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: April 28, 2015, 12:44:37 PM »

I'm noticing a lot of the carriers don't seem to behave like carriers, like that blue box. These are classified as "combat carriers" or something and when you give them a waypoint it comes up as rally combat group (or something) rather than rally carrier. Working as intended? Personally, I much prefer carriers to stay out of combat, even those that are supposedly heavily armed, because they always end up getting blown up regardless of their guns, which of course screws up battle plans. This is true even if their rally point is set way, I mean WAAAY back from the front, like, 2500 spaces. The blue box carrier with a speed of 5 in particular is awful, I watch in horror as I give it a position and it streches out it's little arrow halfway across the battlespace :/

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1407 on: April 28, 2015, 03:24:56 PM »

You can actually make the combat carriers rally anywhere you like by selecting them and then right clicking where you want them to go.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: April 28, 2015, 04:15:55 PM »

I'm noticing a lot of the carriers don't seem to behave like carriers, like that blue box. These are classified as "combat carriers" or something and when you give them a waypoint it comes up as rally combat group (or something) rather than rally carrier. Working as intended? Personally, I much prefer carriers to stay out of combat, even those that are supposedly heavily armed, because they always end up getting blown up regardless of their guns, which of course screws up battle plans. This is true even if their rally point is set way, I mean WAAAY back from the front, like, 2500 spaces. The blue box carrier with a speed of 5 in particular is awful, I watch in horror as I give it a position and it streches out it's little arrow halfway across the battlespace :/

I am curious what ship you are referring to exactly, but Dark.Revenant did explain you can rally a combat carrier anyways.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: April 28, 2015, 04:43:18 PM »

The blue what?
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 197