Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 197

Author Topic: [0.8a] Starsector+ 3.7.0  (Read 1328837 times)

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
Re: [0.65.2a] Starsector+ Vanilla Enhancement Mod 2.7.6
« Reply #1380 on: April 14, 2015, 04:55:17 PM »

The Beholder-class destroyer seems to be bugged. The little drones only use Tactical Laser, never the Burst PD they have equipped. Also they're constantly being recalled and deployed again if you set the ship on Autopilot. You only have to damage one of them. The way I see it, this could've been intended to even out the numbers if the pair on one side got destroyed and the other didn't?

The burst PD faces rear and can't fire forward.  Also the AI in my experience tends to keep them deployed all the time.  If one gets destroyed they shuffle around because of how drones work, but that's about it.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: April 15, 2015, 06:29:26 PM »

Code
	"maxLogisticsPerPersonnel":0, # 0 for no capping by personnel
What does this config option do? I immediately assumed it to be how many points of logistics per extra crew. However, it is set to zero, which suggests that is not the case.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: April 15, 2015, 11:53:51 PM »

Code
What does this config option do? I immediately assumed it to be how many points of logistics per extra crew. However, it is set to zero, which suggests that is not the case.
No. It is a true/ false setting that controls wither or not you need one crew member per logistics point. IE if you have it set to 1 (true) then if you have 20 crew members in your fleet, then you would have 21 logistics (as you count as one crew member)
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: April 16, 2015, 04:44:13 PM »

Code
No. It is a true/ false setting that controls wither or not you need one crew member per logistics point. IE if you have it set to 1 (true) then if you have 20 crew members in your fleet, then you would have 21 logistics (as you count as one crew member)
Uh.
Meaning that if you had a hundred crew, you get a 101 logistic points?
Or, that you need 20 crew to support 21 logistic points?
Or, that each crew eats an entire logistic point, plus you yourself do as well?

~~
I suppose I should have asked if this was the mod that made it so that with 60 crew, I got an extra point of logistics.
~Extra crew grants bonuses to Logistics Rating and CR recovery
This suggests it might be. But I think that only refers to increasing CR maximum and regeneration rate, not logistics itself.

If this is correct, then is there a config option for it? Because 60 crew for one logistic point is, I think, enough to support 100 extra crew, minus cost for space. Meaning it probably gets you around +20% per group, as an estimate.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 04:48:50 PM by Ranakastrasz »
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1384 on: April 16, 2015, 07:22:05 PM »

The Extra Crew bonus is built-in.

"maxLogisticsPerPersonnel" is some miscellaneous unrelated thing.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: April 16, 2015, 10:09:02 PM »

In that case, I would like more of a clarification on how the maxLogisticsPerPersonnel works.

Also, a suggestion for a config option for Extra Crew Bonus.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: April 16, 2015, 10:42:16 PM »

In that case, I would like more of a clarification on how the maxLogisticsPerPersonnel works.
Also, a suggestion for a config option for Extra Crew Bonus.
Each crew member provides one point of Logistics when this is turned on, up to the maximum amount.
Examples:
Max logistics 20, 10 crew and this setting on = a maximum of 11 logistics points available
Max logistics 20, 20 crew and this setting on = a maximum of 20 logistics points available
Max logistics 20, 30 crew and this setting on = a maximum of 20 logistics points available
Max logistics 20, 10 crew and this setting off = a maximum of 20 logistics points available
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: April 17, 2015, 07:31:39 AM »

I would note that that kinda seems pointless, seeing as generally any ship uses far more crew than logistic points.

Unfolder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: April 18, 2015, 11:29:58 AM »

I'm noticing the vindictive autogun does not replicate in the omnifactory, although omnifactory is not apart of SS+, I'm posting it here in the event that there is some cross mod bug.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1389 on: April 18, 2015, 01:00:07 PM »

That has nothing to do with SS+ in either case and is unrelated to any bugs.  Exigency ships and weapons cannot be replicated in the Omnifactory; this is intentional.

Unfolder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: April 18, 2015, 07:42:09 PM »

Typical :/ I suppose the templar weapons are that way to?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1391 on: April 18, 2015, 08:07:53 PM »

Yes.

shingekinolinus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: April 19, 2015, 12:53:35 AM »

for the guys who made the arcade mode
I'm making a flash game about space exploration, and I'm really bad at designing ships

Is it OK if I "borrow" some designs of the game boss?
I won't be using the sprites, but I'll probably make a vector which greatly resembles the Zero last cruizer, is this OK with you guys?

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #1393 on: April 19, 2015, 01:05:24 AM »

Oberon: You have to ask Zudgemud and HELMUT.  If you're using just the outline, you don't have to ask HELMUT, only Zudgemud.
Ultron: You have to ask Zudgemud and HELMUT.  If you're using just the outline, you don't have to ask HELMUT, only Zudgemud.
Zeus: No.
Ezekiel: You have to ask HELMUT.
Cristarium: You have to ask HELMUT.
Helios: No.
Zero: You have to ask Sundog and HELMUT.  If you're using just the outline, you don't have to ask HELMUT, only Sundog.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 01:08:19 AM by Dark.Revenant »

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: April 19, 2015, 05:53:50 AM »

Dark's answers always make me feel inadequate. Indifferent to what/who you're replying, you're always complete and insightful even if this wasn't even remotely close to what the initial question was.

This probably is a testament to the completeness and carefulness you design your mods with as well as probably everything else you achieve in general.

PS: Yes, I went there. Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 197