Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Starsector flying under the radar?  (Read 2334 times)

joey4track

• Commander
    • View Profile
Starsector flying under the radar?
« on: January 23, 2014, 01:32:31 PM »

This game is so freaking amazing and I have put in way more hours into SS than I have many of my released and finished games that are in my Steam library. Where is they hype?!! None of the people on my friendslist have ever even heard of this awesome game. Especially when I see games like Wayward Terran Frontier on Kickstarter that seem to be directly copying the game. Is this a conscious choice?

All I'm saying is, that this game deserves more exposure and acclaim, imo.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector flying under the radar?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 01:41:05 PM »

I'm pretty sure it is a deliberate choice on Alex's part.  And for good reason - the game may be better & more stable than some released titles, but it is still in alpha - as the outcry over the introduction of CR should demonstrate.  Seriously, though, last patch was not a good time for someone new to the game to try to pick it up - and had there been massive hype then, it would likely have backfired.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 01:52:15 PM »

Yeah, Alex stated at numerous occasions that'd he rather have a more-or-less complete game when he goes big.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

joey4track

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 10:24:58 AM »

That's cool. And refreshing, it's nice that a game is actually going to be released when it's done. I can definitely see the pros to releasing a game in it's early stages but i don't think it works for every game but every game seems to be doing it anyway. For example I think starbound would be better off without the thousands of people screaming this and that to the devs. It seems like they are trying to please everyone and the game is suffering for it imo.

Anyway, just as long as everyone knows how awesome this game is once it's  released xD