Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: [0.65.2a] ICE Faction  (Read 134047 times)

LB

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: ICE Faction
« Reply #225 on: January 17, 2015, 01:39:46 AM »

If anyone's home, there's a compatibility issue with Starsector+.

You need null checks for the result of getShield() on line 19 of data/weapons/beam/NovaBeamEffect.java and line 61 of data/ai/weapon/NovaDischargerAutofireAIPlugin.java to account for people installing Shield Bypass on the Abraxas with SS+. I just added a short-circuit.

Code
    public void advance(float amount, CombatEngineAPI engine, BeamAPI beam)
    {
ShieldAPI myShield = beam.getSource().getShield();
        if(myShield != null && myShield.isOn()) {
            myShield.setActiveArc(myShield.getActiveArc() * (1 - beam.getBrightness()));

Great mod. Plays completely differently from anyone else, which is awesome.

By the way, I think the fuel costs for the capitals are unreasonably exorbitant and make them effectively unusable in practice. Abraxas uses 50/ly, which is absurd. Apocrypha/Voidreaver have 20/ly which I think is barely reasonable even if one of your faction's weaknesses is fuel inefficiency. For comparison the highest among vanilla capitals is 10/ly except for Onslaught, which is 15/ly; among vanilla cruisers, 3/ly except for Dominator, which is 5/ly. I took a quick look through my other installed mods and the highest cost in any class that I saw (that wasn't on an intentionally imbalanced ship) was a Mayorate capital at 20/ly. I'll leave it to the balance experts since I'm pretty new, but my suggestions would be 24/ly for Abraxas, 18/ly for Apocrypha, and 12/ly for Voidreaver, which are still 50%+ greater than other ships in their class, but makes them a viable (and expensive) choice in fleets. The other ships are pretty high too, although most of the problem there is that the Seraph is both a vital support ship and a tug, and often you don't really need a tug but are forced to eat the 9/ly.

Shalom is also 40/ly but I guess it's not really a ship you'd have in a player fleet, and 40/ly sounds pretty reasonable for a flying habitat.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 02:00:16 AM by LB »

vaio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 17, 2015, 11:27:51 PM »

I take Fatal Null crash after this:
101480 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.FoodShortageEvent  - [The Exiled Idoneus Colony Fleet] Expired
101717 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException

What is it ? Colony die with out supplies ?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 11:49:55 PM by vaio »

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 17, 2015, 11:54:00 PM »

I take Fatal Null crash after this:
101480 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.FoodShortageEvent  - [The Exiled Idoneus Colony Fleet] Expired
101717 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException

What is it ? Colony die with out supplies ?
ICE currently doesn't function properly, according to previous posts.

vaio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 17, 2015, 11:54:52 PM »

And in The Exiled Idoneus Colony Fleet market price on supplies is 358 credits !
When Fleet was near the planet I buy supplies in planet market for 56 credits, and sell it
to The Exiled Idoneus Colony Fleet black market. I take in 5 min. profit in 500000 credits ...
May be improve this economy

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 18, 2015, 03:11:44 PM »

From what I've seen, the exiled colony market NEVER receives traders, so prices go up and continue to go up until you actually get to sell to them. I've seen prices for supplies go over a thousand each and food go over 800.

The crash is caused when a food shortage event on the colony market ends when the market doesn't exist due to the fleet being dispersed. Worst still, the fleet being defeated is pretty much inevitable unless you sell supplies to them constantly due to eventual death via CR depletion.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 18, 2015, 11:33:21 PM »

Interesting mod.

That armorrepair is exactly what I have been looking for. There's just one problem. I've been looking at the files and it's inside a .jar. Now I have a problem with which I can view java files (including classes), so I can copy the code.
BUT
Will putting the code in a .java file work?
If not, can you provide the non-packed files for that shipsystem?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 20, 2015, 06:31:29 PM »

Update on the status of ICE: I still plan on fixing it up, but it's not exactly a priority and I'm a chronic procrastinator anyway. Some progress has been made toward an update to deal with the stability issues, but I've still got a bit of work left before it's ready. ETA for next release is somewhere between a week and a year.

On conflict between Ludd and the Idoneus factions: My opinion is that the choice between cheap food and ICE ships/weapons should be pretty obvious for a trader, which is a bad thing from a gameplay perspective. On the other hand, making one or both ICE factions non-hostile to the Luddic church would remove the choice conflict entirely, which is worse. I'll keep it as-is for now, but I'm open to further discussion.

@LB: Thanks for finding that bug for me! Your fix will be in the next release. As for fuel efficiency, the ICE values are based on outdated vanilla values from 0.6.2, which seem to have been quite a bit higher (e.g. Onslaught was 25 fuel/ly). They changed in 0.65 and I didn't even notice. I'll adjust for the changes. ICE ships are intended to have double the fuel consumption of vanilla ships of equivalent power/utility, so with the doubled fuel consumption from SS+ we end up with ships that use four times more fuel than vanilla. I'll keep your suggested fuel consumption values in mind while re-balancing them since you have experience with ICE in SS+, but I expect it'll still end up being a bit higher since I'll need to find a middle-ground between SS+ and vanilla. You're spot-on about the Seraph. The built-in tow cable causes irritating fleet composition rigidity and adds nothing of value since Ox+Seraph-Tow_cable=Seraph anyway. I'll remove the Seraph's tow cable and moderate its fuel consumption.

On ridiculously high supply prices: This is just one more symptom of the fleet-with-a-market stuff, so that should be fixed once I amputate that broken feature.

@TrashMan: Yeah, you can put the armor repair code in a .java file and let Starsector (via Janino) compile it. There will be a bit more to it, however. The code relies on several other files to work, so you'll need to reverse-engineer it pretty thoroughly to get it working.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 13, 2015, 05:45:20 AM »

Update on the status of ICE: I still plan on fixing it up, but it's not exactly a priority and I'm a chronic procrastinator anyway. Some progress has been made toward an update to deal with the stability issues, but I've still got a bit of work left before it's ready. ETA for next release is somewhere between a week and a year.
Hey, if its any motivation, this mod seems really nice. The sprites are amazing, the weapons especially seem really cool, and I hope you do eventually fix it. I would use it in a heartbeat.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 13, 2015, 09:33:04 AM »

I know it is my favorite team now after the interstellar Federation died as a mod (RIP IF)

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 22, 2015, 09:47:59 PM »

Can someone ask if anyone can update this mod..I want to play it in Nexeralin and this is my favorite team

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 23, 2015, 03:43:49 AM »

ICE will work with Nexeralin, IIRC.
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 25, 2015, 07:20:53 PM »

doesnt it have bug issues with the campaign settings...and Nexeralin uses the campaign as well doesnt it?

Flying_Whale

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 31, 2015, 02:18:05 PM »

Ships are beautiful. Mod is realy nice and built on a complex idea. That is a pity that it still causes trouble :((((

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 03, 2015, 05:18:39 PM »

Can anyone get permission to do some work on fixing bugs in this mod? Its such a neat idea, I'd love to play with it.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #239 on: October 03, 2015, 08:36:05 PM »

Can anyone get permission to do some work on fixing bugs in this mod? Its such a neat idea, I'd love to play with it.

Permissions
All assets from this project may be used without obtaining explicit permission as long as...
No laws are broken and Fractal Softworks' terms of service are not violated
The original authors of any assets used are credited
The assets are not used for nefarious purposes

If you would like to use something in a way that doesn't meet these criteria, please ask me about it first.
So I take it anyone could go ahead and do it, assuming the source code is available.
I was actually considering it myself, but I don't know where the bug is exactly and don't much feel like digging around.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19