Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.65.2a] ICE Faction  (Read 135021 times)

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] ICE Faction
« Reply #210 on: November 17, 2014, 01:47:19 PM »

So far the only time i've had errors and the null crashes is after the exiles fleet dies. As a potential workaround could you set it's aggro radius to 0 so it doesn't pick fights all the time? That way it'd have an easier time maintaining a healthy CR.
The most recent time i got the null error in my game it had jumped to Eos (i think) and probably sat on tartessus until it fought itself to death.

Spoiler
13581000 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.TradeDisruptionAndSmugglingEvent  - Removing trade disruption condition from The Exiled Idoneus Colony Fleet
13581203 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.TradeDisruptionAndSmugglingEvent  - Removing trade disruption condition from The Exiled Idoneus Colony Fleet
13581469 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.FoodShortageEvent  - [The Exiled Idoneus Colony Fleet] Expired
13581609 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.RecentUnrestEvent.startEvent(RecentUnrestEvent.java:20)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.events.CampaignEventManager.startEvent(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.BaseEventPlugin.increaseRecentUnrest(BaseEventPlugin.java:265)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.FoodShortageEvent.endEvent(FoodShortageEvent.java:615)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.FoodShortageEvent.advance(FoodShortageEvent.java:374)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.events.CampaignEventManager.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.C.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.B.void.class$super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

I've got ICE, and SRA factions and common radar, (rand), and tradewinds2 helper mods running.

Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 19, 2014, 11:17:49 AM »

I have multiple mods running so I'm not 100% sure it's a bug with the ICE mod itself. Just to be sure: has anyone else having a bug where Idoneus Trade Fleets are all heading beyond the edge of the map? Specifically, Idoneus (and a few small independent traders) are heading to the bottom lefter corner of the map, father than I'm capable of scrolling to see.

This is purely speculation, but I would suspect that maybe there's some colony fleet that spawned off the map and they're trying to reach it? Or do Idoneus traders not travel to/from the colony fleet?

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 19, 2014, 04:58:46 PM »

I have multiple mods running so I'm not 100% sure it's a bug with the ICE mod itself. Just to be sure: has anyone else having a bug where Idoneus Trade Fleets are all heading beyond the edge of the map? Specifically, Idoneus (and a few small independent traders) are heading to the bottom lefter corner of the map, father than I'm capable of scrolling to see.

This is purely speculation, but I would suspect that maybe there's some colony fleet that spawned off the map and they're trying to reach it? Or do Idoneus traders not travel to/from the colony fleet?

I Haven't seen this behavior myself, but that sounds like the behavior of the player fleet when your target jumps out of the system. Unlike a player the NPC might just keep going forever and never realize anything is amiss.

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 20, 2014, 10:31:18 AM »

So the exiles fleet just jumped into Gigas where i was grinding rep for SRA and I immediately went to see if i could buy any neato things (only seraphs). The fleet was all in the yellow CR band.
Spoiler
[close]
At first i thought they might be hungry after their trip, but i went and looked at their inventory 30 days later, and they were about the same:
Spoiler
[close]

When i hovered over the abraxis its CR was at 45%. It seems they're missing crew members. Does personnel regen in system too? If not i'd suggest that they do. It could be that the colony ship has tons of people in cryo so they require much lower supplies/day.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 20, 2014, 02:40:06 PM »

Thanks for the info guys! It turns out testing modded campaign features is very time consuming, so it's very helpful when people point out problems like that  :)

Unfortunately I can't do much to fix the problems caused by the colony fleet market, so I'm going to have to remove it. It was a neat experiment, but it didn't work out.

@CopperCoyote: I'm not certain what's causing that CR issue, but I think you're on the right track, so I'll go ahead and make crew and supplies regen. Another possibility is that the colony fleet's CR is capped because it's over capacity, so I'll force it to jettison excess as well.

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 20, 2014, 04:22:43 PM »

Would it be possible to make temporary stations to go to when the exiles are in system?

Like have a bunch of invisible stations that only show up when the exiles are in system, and have all those stations connect to the same source. Like the planets and stations orbiting said planets. It might have the weird side effect that the exiles see every thing you do making it hard to be friends with them and hedge, but it'd be a workaround.

I don't know if you could convince NPCs to not go to the invisible stations, but it'd prevent the CTD and the $message$thingy from happening.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 20, 2014, 05:45:45 PM »

I think that could be done, but like you said, it's sure to cause other issues. I considered trying something similar; linking the fleet market to a stationary 'main' market, but that would have similar issues. The campaign simply isn't designed to support temporary markets, so there isn't likely to be any method of creating them without ugly side effects. There's one more thing I want to try before giving up, but it involves moving a planet between systems... more hacks  :-\. One day I hope to make the exile faction take over enemy markets, but that will have to wait until similar mechanics are introduced into vanilla.

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 21, 2014, 11:39:01 AM »

Speaking of markets, is there any chance you could make the Idoneus Citadel Garrison non-hostile to the Luddic Church? An odd request, I know, but hear me out.

Eos is the primary food producer of known space, but even trading small amounts of food there can be a devastating reputation loss due to Idoneus' hostility to the Luddic Church. For us focusing on trade, we either have to make the Idoneus hostile or lose access to the entire Eos market -- a grave loss given the importance of food shortage trade runs. I don't think any other system produces enough food to meet the demands of those 10000 foodstuff shortfalls on major worlds.

Most other mods have their bases and planets contained to distinct systems to prevent the disruption of vanilla Starsector trade and activity, so this has never been an issue for me before, even with other mods featuring factions hostile to one another. At least with the Colony fleet you can wait until they leave a system to resume trading there, but with the garrison, the denial of trade (without loss of faction reputation) is largely permanent as they do not move.

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 21, 2014, 11:43:57 AM »

Personally I'd argue that while Eos is important for food, ICE is important for technology. You have to choose who to be in favor with.

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 21, 2014, 02:24:57 PM »

Personally I'd argue that while Eos is important for food, ICE is important for technology. You have to choose who to be in favor with.

A mod is forcing you to make actual meaningful decisions??!?! The horror!

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 21, 2014, 02:30:45 PM »

Nah nah, silly, I mean that I -like- that, which is why I am reasoning against the post above mine XD

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 21, 2014, 03:04:37 PM »

Except it only penalizes trader-type players. Combat players can blast up pirates, etc. and raise reputation with both at once, so don't have to make that choice.

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 21, 2014, 04:20:25 PM »

Except it only penalizes trader-type players. Combat players can blast up pirates, etc. and raise reputation with both at once, so don't have to make that choice.

Likewise though, even in vanilla, trade yields more XP. You can jump entire levels in one trade mission.

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 21, 2014, 07:37:49 PM »

In all fairness, most vanilla factions have the ability to avoid reputation loss due to trading by simply choosing a non-disputed sector. (And rightly so, since the reputation loss for trading with an enemy faction is something like 300% of what you actually gain by trading with the faction.)

But the only Luddite world is confined to a single system, and it is the only major food exporting system. So it's not really very parallel to the other vanilla factions in that: 1) You lose the only major source of food, and therefore forgo all future food shortage trade routes. 2) Losing rep is mandatory, and cannot be avoided by trading in other Luddite systems (there are none).

Meanwhile, players who prefer combat instead of trade still get the same perks of universal reputation gain with all factions in the system for killing pirates.

Of course, if the author feels this is acceptable, then so be it. But I just thought I'd point out that it skews the game balance much more against trader players than combat players.

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 22, 2014, 06:20:41 PM »

Maybe have the Citadel produce something worth-while aside from targets?

Honestly, the times I even bother to fly to the Citadel (Which is waaaaaaaaaaay out there), it rarely stocks much of anything aside from ships. In my latest game, it barely even functions as a market, much less something actually worth visiting. The trade fleets it spawns get wrecked by the massive detachments and patrols when they get near Paladin's gate; it's essentially an economical black hole.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19