Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.65.2a] ICE Faction  (Read 134046 times)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] ICE Faction
« Reply #150 on: October 20, 2014, 03:52:22 PM »

It is really really hard to hit one of those things with torps...
I'll take that as a commendation of the AI rather than a criticism of my balancing skills  :)
Do you think it should have a longer cooldown? It's currently 8 seconds, but it feels too short to me sometimes.
The best way to hit an Abraxas with torps (imo) is to wait until it's just returned to its doppelganger.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 20, 2014, 04:55:40 PM »

To be honest, I am not sure. I was going to play some more but .65 just dropped, this is going to take a while to familiarize myself with vanilla again before even attempting to update Exi :(

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 20, 2014, 06:00:39 PM »

Yeah, this update shuffles the campaign up quite a lot, but why sadface? Think of the possibilities!!!  :D

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 20, 2014, 06:56:46 PM »

Right now I am only concerned with the combat balance changes, new features (hull style sounds, quad trails etc. etc.), before I even think about making the campaign work and take advantage of all the huuuge changes to it!

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 20, 2014, 11:27:42 PM »

Heh. Yeah, we've certainly got our work cut out for us. Frankly, I'm just happy to have ICE to the point where it doesn't crash the game anymore (that I know of). I was worried it would take days to get back to that point.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2014, 02:15:24 AM »

ICE is now ready for 0.65!  :)

Download ICE version 0.2.0  (Requires LazyLib)
See the original post for details

This version of ICE should be very playable and stable, but there were many non-trivial changes, so major bugs are still a possibility. It still has a few minor kinks to work out, so I'll be updating ICE soon with more improvements.

Please note that all features of this mod should work with former 0.65 saves. This hasn't been tested extensively, however, so if you do decide to add ICE to an existing game you should create a backup of your save file first. Also be aware that the economy of the station this mod adds will take a while to stabilize and it will take a full 64 in-game days before the event kicks off that brings the second faction into the sector.

Edit: Also note that installation of this mod does not require the editing of any files. Simply extract the 'ICE' folder from the archive (zip file) into your 'mods' folder and enable ICE in the launcher.

Change Details
Spoiler
ADDITIONS
- Full compatibility with Starsector 0.65
- A huge nomadic colony fleet with a fully functional market
- A custom event with multiple stages concerning aforementioned colony fleet
- A custom market condition that increases the stability of the colony fleet based on it's size
- New custom sounds for Chapucabra and Nosferatu Fusor weapons

BUGS FIXED
- Weapon barrels now become semi-transparent with the rest of the ship during phase jaunt
- Damage decals are now rendered on the top section the Nightseer's armor

AI IMPROVEMENTS
- Autofire AI for the Recall Teleporter should now be much more responsive to new assignments

BALANCE CHANGES
- Doubled the price of all ships to reflect Starsector 0.65 changes
- Greatly increased the deployment cost of all fighter wings to reflect Starsector 0.65 changes
[close]
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 07:18:06 PM by Sundog »

oorek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65a] ICE Faction
« Reply #156 on: November 01, 2014, 06:10:14 AM »

Can't seem to find the citadel anywhere in Askonia.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 01, 2014, 11:02:26 AM »

If anyone has experienced a crash while navigating the intel screen while ICE is loaded I would appreciate any details you can give me about it. I'm not even sure this is a real thing, but if it is I need to make sure it goes away.

@oorek: Try Askonia (Edit: Arcadia)  :)
I can't blame you for getting the two mixed up
I mean, look at this:
Askonia
Arkadia (Edit: Yeah, so it's spelled 'Arcadia.' It would've been easier to read if I had spelled it correctly  :))
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 07:29:07 PM by Sundog »

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 01, 2014, 05:45:37 PM »

Hiya, I am just putting this link here for the author of the mod to look at. I hope it can help, and I'd really appreciate it!

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8552.0

It is in regards to the current issue of having to edit files to get factions to work, from the perspective of an end-user

Also, I am new to ICE as I am trying to tackle the issues in the thread I just mentioned, but I just wanted to leave this feedback for you, Sundog-

I have been trying to get "Arkadia" to work, only to find that you meant "Arcadia" instead. From what I can tell, the main faction of ICE is correctly generating their Citadel in Arcadia as they should be, without needing to edit anything on their behalf.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 06:07:51 PM by TartarusMkII »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 01, 2014, 07:25:36 PM »

Yeah, no editing required. Warnings added. Thanks for pointing out my misspelling of Arcadia. That would explain why people have been thinking I meant Askonia. Oops  ::)

TartarusMkII

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 01, 2014, 07:32:53 PM »

Thanks, I'm glad I could help! Also man, I adore the artwork for this mod. Is it by yourself?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 01, 2014, 07:59:38 PM »

Glad you like the art  :D
Some of the ships are done entirely by me, but there are snippets of David's art scattered around (especially in the weapons). Actually, I think the weapon mounts might be the only thing on the ships derived from vanilla sprites.

zoe_zucchini

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 01, 2014, 08:07:23 PM »

I get a crash whenever the Abraxas uses its special system(some kind of teleport thing, I think?).

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 01, 2014, 08:30:39 PM »

Well, nads. Thanks for the report zoe_zucchini. That problem will go away automatically in the next release of Starsector, but I'll rush out the next ICE update ASAP with a fix.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 01, 2014, 09:49:19 PM »

So it turns out ICE 0.2.0 is completely unplayable with Starsector 0.65a-RC1. There are two extremely frequent crashes that I never encountered during tens of hours of testing (because of a reason rather than a coincidence).  I apologize to anyone who downloaded it.

Neither of these issues will exist in the next version of Starsector, and one of them is very difficult to track down, so until Starsector updates, ICE will only officially support 0.6.2a-RC3.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 09:58:13 PM by Sundog »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19