Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Text highlighting (AAR), and scrolling action text  (Read 1486 times)

Big_H

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Text highlighting (AAR), and scrolling action text
« on: January 07, 2014, 12:09:05 AM »

This might be more of a later on polish type thing, but it would be handy to have the after action report highlighted for quicker/easier reading. So something like your losses are colored in red and those rescued from destroyed ships are in green. Though I'd settle for just the losses and the remaining enemy forces during Boarding being colored so I can just glance at the screen and know what I lost and how many Marines to send over.

Spoiler
[close]

Also it would be nice (if possible) to be able to scroll back through the action/system text which shows up on the left of the screen. Sometimes things fade out or get pushed off the screen before I can read them, or sometimes it would be nice to go back and double check something. I've seen other games of this style put the text in a "developer console" under ~ so you don't have to worry about making the text interactive on the main screen.

Just some thoughts.

LiquidStang

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Text highlighting (AAR), and scrolling action text
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 02:57:18 PM »

Excellent suggestion! Thanks for posting.
David

Starsector is challenging, but what's more challenging is dealing with people who encourage you to try real hard.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
Re: Text highlighting (AAR), and scrolling action text
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 03:42:32 PM »

This can already be done;  see API.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack