Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Modded Save Files Will Not Load (Fixed)  (Read 1602 times)

Hotshot3434

• Ensign
  • "Time For Some Thrilling Heroics"
    • View Profile
Modded Save Files Will Not Load (Fixed)
« on: January 05, 2014, 06:44:54 PM »

I do not know if anyone else has encountered this problem, but any time I have a save file that includes mods I am unable to load that save. An error appears telling me the mods used may not be installed, but I have not added/removed any mods. The quick-save feature still works while I am in-game, but the moment I save + quit to the menu screen I am unable to load the save. This has been going on since I first got the game nearly a year ago and it happens more often with larger mods installed. I can sometimes get away with a single faction mod such as Neutrino Corp. or Interstellar Federation, but even then it sometimes breaks the save. I figured it was an alpha problem that would eventually be patched, but since the bug remains it must be unique to me. I am currently trying to run Uomoz's Sector 1.1 mod pack on a clean install. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I figured out that the save file needed more memory than the game could offer. I edited the vmparams file to allow for more memory. I used to have the file modified, but when I did the clean install I forgot to change it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 02:35:12 PM by Hotshot3434 »