Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Games best feature  (Read 2102 times)

Annex

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Games best feature
« on: December 31, 2013, 07:28:43 PM »

I so love that screen whiteout from the nuke explosions. Something blows up, screen goes white for a second, BOOM. Blow up multiple things at the same time? WHITE WHITE WHITE. Thats when you know sht went down and you hope it wasnt your ships that bit the dust!

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Games best feature
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 07:45:49 PM »

That's great. Want to see a continuous nuclear space explosion with making lots of bright white light filling up your eyes? Try staring at the sun! Though I recommend you do so with welding glass....

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 10:05:55 PM »

it's not the same when it's your ship/enemy's ship blowing up though.....

I agree tbh, this game and nexus TJI are the only ones with such epic ship destructions
mmm.... tartiflette

Debido

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 10:24:04 PM »

I'd personally like to see ships torn in half or multiple segments by the explosion, and there by lots of little debris strewn about with bodies and pulsating streams of plasma drifting in it.

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 02:11:42 AM »

yeah, screen whiteout explosions are epic. Though you'd expect the wrecks to be a bit more broken when they explode like that.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 05:43:02 AM »

Yes, the whiteout from ships going nuclear when they die is a nice touch.  It would be better if ships also exploded violently into pieces, especially if they are destroyed instead of disabled.  Having large asteroids and ships bigger than fighters disappear as a small fireball is weak.