Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: terraria frost moon event  (Read 20537 times)

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
Re: terraria frost moon event
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2014, 06:15:32 AM »

I'm not in a hurry. :D

Modest

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2014, 06:49:03 AM »

I'm not in a hurry. :D

Knowing You, You will use that time to build underwater palace, ship and some kind of space shuttle or orbital base :P

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2014, 07:01:18 AM »

Could be, you'll never know. ;D

conorano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2014, 07:23:58 AM »

Crap i missed it  :( well atleast i hope you guys had a good time ;D

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2014, 11:56:51 AM »

Well, CopperCoyote has provided a new map with a weird looking constraption. (Is there a switch I'm not seeing, CopperCoyote? I can't seem to be able to activate the traps.)

Anyway, this means we can have another go at it! ;D

What about wednesday/tomorrow, 19:00 GMT, 20:00 CET?

Modest

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2014, 01:07:45 PM »

Emm... Will You manage to build few hobbits homes, few pygmeis homes and one, or two museums until than so I can walk around and call You nuts a bit more? ;)
Anyway - I will gladly join :D

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2014, 01:26:45 PM »

I have a better idea; I'll save myself the trouble of all that work and you can still call me nuts. ;D

Modest

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2014, 02:56:59 PM »

Nah... :D No fun without clearly visible reasons ;)

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2014, 03:42:35 PM »

I'm the one that made it so i'd be the nuts one. ;D I just used a fresh map, and there is a little NPC tenement like building to the right. It's still on easy mode. Of the easy mode NPCs i think it's still missing partygirl.

You can right click timers directly. I have the two top timers separate like that so i can stagger the dart shots. If two darts hit an enemy at the same time it only registers one hit, but if you have a little delay then both are counted. My version of the pit of doom doesn't have flame traps. They obliterate my framerate. Instead i have 24 super darts set up to be triggered in a wave from a rolling bolder. Your'e going to get hit by one when you activate it so keep that in mind.

The upper layer with all of the spikey ball and spear traps is covered with lava to prevent enemies from spawning there. I wanted them to spawn in the deadly area. Not on the traps themselves. At the ends of the hallways of death there are teleporters to send the weakest 3 enemy types back through the traps a second time. Sometimes it catches the tall goatmen and the pogo men to so that's handy. I'm aware the spear traps don't reach the ground or even the tall enemies. They're just there to ruin the helicopters' day. The crab spawners have spikey balls instead of lava so the enemies that can fly through solid walls will take damage too. They ignore lava just like solid walls.

The central spawn is also the center of the death contraption so you don't have to fiddle with beds at all. It is also one block thick to exploit the fact the the needles spell can shoot through thin walls. The top layer has staggered solid walls so you can shoot down, but have cover from the bullets arrows and pine needles (rockets and parachut presents will get you still). I built it in such a manner that it is really a good idea to all stay on the central platforms to maximize the number of enemies that spawn in the kill zone. Also being near each other like that makes it so the spectre mage armor can easily heal anyone. The top layer have the two crab spawners so you have a bit of health boost whilst fighting ice queens.

I feel like i'm forgetting something, but i'll tell you in game if i see it. I should be able to make it to the event tomorrow. I'll ask my friends if they can make it too.
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2014, 03:55:43 PM »

Tomorrow should be good, I'll give it a shot anyways lol

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2014, 04:53:35 PM »

The map's in hardmode now. Gave the Wall o' Bacon a proper beating this afternoon. ;)

Tell me if I need to bring any healing potions or other stuff, since, unlike my map, we're now lacking a proper inventory to steal from. ;D

@ciago92: I hope it's a well aimed shot against ain ice queen!

Modest

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2014, 12:29:43 AM »

No fresh suplies? Hmm... I will try to bring a lot's of crystals to create right bullets to my minigun! :)

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2014, 05:06:16 AM »

Better yet, why not chloro bullets? :D
Just say the word and I'll bring stacks of chloro with me.

Modest

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2014, 08:12:22 AM »

Better yet, why not chloro bullets? :D
Just say the word and I'll bring stacks of chloro with me.
Are they better than shards bullets? Oh well, just bring them if You can, and I will check it :)

Oh... And... Umm... Is it todany? :) What hour? :)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 08:14:48 AM by Modest »

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2014, 08:38:40 AM »

19:00 GMT, 20:00 CET. :)

Chloro bullets are homing, so you can basically just fire around with impunity. Great way to get the ice queens that way too.
They probably go great with the new chaingun you picked up. The chaingun's accuracy is horrible, but with homing bullets you don't need accuracy. ;D
I'll bring a bunch of bullets for you along too.

I'd go gunning too, but that'd mean we most likely won't have enough healing to go around.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5