Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: [0.96a] Combat Radar v3.0 (released 2023-05-05)  (Read 300364 times)

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65a] Common Radar v1.1b (released 2014-10-23)
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2014, 09:15:09 PM »

I don't really remember, but I think I had a similar crash when I had Common Radar and ASP Syndicate.

Embarrassingly, I never got around to reporting it.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Common Radar v1.1c (released 2014-12-03)
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2014, 10:43:41 PM »

Version 1.1c is up, get it here (mirror).

Changelog:
1.1c (December 03, 2014)
==========================
The radar is no longer drawn over menus or when the HUD is turned off
Greatly increased the speed of the battle progress bar animation
Fixed crash in ShipPolygonRenderer when rendering ships that lack bounds
Radar no longer reactivates when the player's ship is fully destroyed

Spoiler
There seems to be a bug with Common Radar when trying to fight Junk Pirates. I testes it a few times and it crashes the game just in the beginning of the battle when enemy ships are coming into view.

The end of log:

Spoiler
125474 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.MercAndPirateFleetManager  - Checking whether to spawn pirate or merc fleet for market [Gateway]
125474 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.MercAndPirateFleetManager  - 1 out of a maximum 2 pirate/merc fleets in play for market [Gateway]
125494 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.MercAndPirateFleetManager  - Spawned merc fleet [Mercenary Patrol] from market Gateway
127333 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine  - FP1: 127, FP2: 101, maxFP1: 225, maxFP2: 175
185013 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [shaderSettings.json]
201453 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at org.lazywizard.radar.renderers.combat.ShipPolygonRenderer.getShape(ShipPolygonRenderer.java:110)
   at org.lazywizard.radar.renderers.combat.ShipPolygonRenderer.render(ShipPolygonRenderer.java:247)
   at org.lazywizard.radar.CombatRadarPlugin.render(CombatRadarPlugin.java:311)
   at org.lazywizard.radar.CombatRadarPlugin.advance(CombatRadarPlugin.java:348)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.ooOO.o0oO$Oo.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.A.OoOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.void.void.class$super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.?0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[close]
[close]
Spoiler
I don't really remember, but I think I had a similar crash when I had Common Radar and ASP Syndicate.

Embarrassingly, I never got around to reporting it.
[close]

Thanks for the report(s), I greatly appreciate them. I don't usually play SS with mods other than my own, so I'd never know about inter-mod compatibility issues like this if players didn't report them. :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 10:46:19 PM by LazyWizard »

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2014, 02:44:36 AM »

Oh! This mod is cool!

Trying it out now, hoping it's compatible with Leading Pip, but I'll drop some info for you if it's not.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2014, 03:32:34 AM »

There seems to be a bug with the campaign radar; seemingly at random, when flying around, I notice areas where the radar will first lose the radial radar mask thing, then lose color, then finally disappear entirely.  This also causes the combat radar to act funky, though fortunately it does not affect missions.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 03:36:37 AM by Dark.Revenant »

Reh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2014, 04:47:27 AM »

There seems to be a bug with the campaign radar; seemingly at random, when flying around, I notice areas where the radar will first lose the radial radar mask thing, then lose color, then finally disappear entirely.  This also causes the combat radar to act funky, though fortunately it does not affect missions.

Do you play with dev versions of you mods? I have all the currently updated mods active and never observed that.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2014, 10:44:36 AM »

Do you play with dev versions of you mods? I have all the currently updated mods active and never observed that.

I tried with ShaderLib disabled and the issue persisted.  I fail to see how any of the other mods I have could affect this, especially since the radar worked fine in the previous version.

Reh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2014, 12:32:58 PM »

There seems to be a bug with the campaign radar; seemingly at random, when flying around, I notice areas where the radar will first lose the radial radar mask thing, then lose color, then finally disappear entirely.  This also causes the combat radar to act funky, though fortunately it does not affect missions.

It started happening with my game as well. First the static frame becomes very dark, then disappears completely, the marks on radar do something similar. Funnily enough if the entire radar disappears completely and I press shift, it reappears but is very dark/transparent. By hitting space I can make the dark radar appear/disappear. Looks like the alpha channel goes crazy for reasons known only to itself.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2014, 04:28:56 PM »

Could you try replacing the jar in the mod folder with this one and see if the problem disappears?

Reh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2014, 07:19:59 PM »

Could you try replacing the jar in the mod folder with this one and see if the problem disappears?

A few hours of play and it seems to be fixed. Thanks for quick response.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] Common Radar v1.1d (released 2014-12-09)
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2014, 09:44:08 PM »

Version 1.1d is up, get it here (mirror). This (hopefully) fixes the bug where campaign radar components would occasionally vanish.

If you already downloaded the replacement jar from my last post, this release is identical. You can change "patch" in radar.version to d to prevent Version Checker from nagging about this update if you don't want to redownload.

Ratheden

• Lieutenant
  • Slaughter cannot be spelled without Laughter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2014, 11:10:37 AM »

Awesome mod, and thanks for a quick fix.   8)

Shedovv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2015, 10:34:24 PM »

I know you moved to 56.1a already. But I am playing SS 0.6.2a and the same bug that Reh and Nanao had. Though I am not sure what causes it. I was attacking a fleet of Vanilla pirates as a Hiigaran Descendants fleet, as soon as I selected ships for deployment it crashed. Note: It is something in Radar cuz when I ran a battle with Radar mod ticked off nothing crashed. Something tells me it has something to do with how your mod checks for what icon it needs to display for a ship. But that's just my wild guess. If you'd be so kind to look into the matter and also do a patch for v1.0 of your mod. I'd greatly appreciate. Meanwhile I am off to dig in the mod's code to erase the Combat Radar portion of said code. Cuz I'd still like to have the Campaign Radar at least.

Also here:
Spoiler
1334344 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.CombatFleetManagerAPI.getDeployedFleetMemberEvenIfD isabled(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/ShipAPI;)Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/DeployedFleetMemberAPI;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.CombatFleetManagerAPI.getDeployedFleetMemberEvenIfD isabled(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/ShipAPI;)Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/DeployedFleetMemberAPI;
   at org.lazywizard.lazylib.combat.CombatUtils.getFleetMember(CombatUtils.java:51)
   at org.lazywizard.radar.renderers.combat.CombatReadinessRenderer.render(CombatReadinessRenderer.java:201)
   at org.lazywizard.radar.CombatRadarPlugin.render(CombatRadarPlugin.java:253)
   at org.lazywizard.radar.CombatRadarPlugin.advance(CombatRadarPlugin.java:288)
[close]

I am not a code expert but after giving that another look this might not necessarily be a problem with your mod but rather caused by it?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 10:41:48 PM by Shedovv »

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2015, 02:00:57 AM »

You would be correct that it's the ship renderer that's causing that crash in combat. There was a bug in older versions of the mod where it'd crash when rendering the contact shapes for ships that didn't have normal bounds. For an easy fix, go to data/config/radar/combat_radar_plugins.csv and swap which ShipRenderer is commented out. The other one (ShipSimpleRenderer) shows triangles like the campaign radar instead of rendering bounds, so it doesn't have this problem.

For the other crash, it looks like you have a newer version of LazyLib that uses API methods that don't exist in old versions of Starsector. For .6.2a you'll want LazyLib 1.9b.

Meanwhile I am off to dig in the mod's code to erase the Combat Radar portion of said code.
Nooooooo. The radar's code is by far the ugliest of all my mods.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 02:14:29 AM by LazyWizard »

Shedovv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2015, 09:17:12 AM »

~SNIP

For the other crash, it looks like you have a newer version of LazyLib that uses API methods that don't exist in old versions of Starsector. For .6.2a you'll want LazyLib 1.9b.

Meanwhile I am off to dig in the mod's code to erase the Combat Radar portion of said code.
Nooooooo. The radar's code is by far the ugliest of all my mods.

Too late I already did that. :3 Though it looked quite well written.. in comparison to some things I saw.
Also Thank you for such quick response, I am installing it atm gonna report back if it's not gonna help. But given the age of the version and stuff I'd assume it will work.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Common Radar v1.1e (released 2015-02-12)
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2015, 05:24:29 PM »

Version 1.1e is up, get it here (mirror). This update adds something a few other modders have requested: a way to block entities from being drawn on the campaign radar.

I need to add some real features soon. The number of patches to 1.1 is getting ridiculous.

Changelog:
1.1e (February 12, 2015)
==========================
Stations and planets with the "comm_relay" tag aren't considered relays
The campaign radar won't draw anything with the tag "radar_nodraw"
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 07:22:00 PM by LazyWizard »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11