Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: [0.96a] Combat Radar v3.0 (released 2023-05-05)  (Read 300385 times)

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Common Radar v0.8b (WIP, released 2014-07-24)
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2014, 07:55:21 PM »

Version 0.8b is out, get it here. Requires LazyLib 1.9 or higher.

This is a massive update, hence skipping from .6 to .8. Due to structural changes you'll need to delete your old mod folder before upgrading.

Spoiler
[close]

Here's what's new and improved in this version:

General changes
  • The mod has been renamed to Common Radar as campaign functionality will be added at some point.
  • Complete rewrite of the rendering system. The mod now uses an extensible renderer plugin system, allowing mods to easily add custom elements to the radar or even replace core elements. There's very little documentation for this right now as the radar API is still a work in progress. You can view the core implementations here.
  • Massive overhaul and documentation improvements to the radar config file. If you customized the radar in previous versions, be aware that you'll have to redo all of those changes as old config files will no longer work.
  • Zoom levels - the toggle key now switches between different zooms + off. You can tell the current zoom level by looking at the four faded white lines around the radar.
  • Added an icon when a missile is locked onto the player ship, brightness varies according to the most powerful locked-on missile in range. This does not recognize missiles with custom AI due to a bug in the current version of Starsector. Thanks to Mesotronik for the icon, and my apologies to him for taking so long to implement this.
  • Added a stencil test to the ship, missile, asteroid and objective renderers. In laymans terms this means they won't render outside of the radar circle anymore. I just added this half an hour before uploading, so please let me know if you run into any rendering issues.
  • Minor bugfixes and optimizations.

Ship renderer changes
  • Ship contact triangles are narrower to better show ship facings.
  • Cruisers and capital ships have a more complicated shape.

Battle progress bar changes
  • I moved the bar to underneath the radar. A horizontal bar better reflects the intended "tug of war" nature of this element.
  • The bar is now animated. It might take a second for the bar to fully update after destroying a high-value target such as a capital ship.
  • A side's portion of the bar flashes when that side is in full retreat.
  • Added a line to show the relative fleet strengths at battle start. This should make judging whether you are winning somewhat easier.

New element: combat readiness bar
  • This is positioned to the right of the radar and displays most relevant CR data for the piloted ship. Hopefully this is easier than constantly checking tiny text at the side of the screen. :)
  • The light portion of the bar shows current CR and the darker portion is CR lost during the current battle. Black is of course CR you never had.
  • The bar flashes when your CR timer runs out, even faster when your CR is low, and faster still when CR is critical.
  • The horizontal white line shows your maximum CR possible with the current character and crew (campaign only).

Edit: uploaded .8b, this fixes the missile lock icon never appearing due to accidentally including it in the stencil test.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:40:48 PM by LazyWizard »

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Common Radar v0.8c (WIP, released 2014-08-27)
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2014, 12:13:42 AM »

Version .8c is up, get it here. Requires LazyLib 1.9 or higher.

Changes:
  • Added support for automatic update notifications via Version Checker
  • Significant optimizations when rendering large numbers of contacts at once
  • CR and battle progress bars are better centered visually
  • Added optional "maxShown" setting to ship, asteroid and missile renderers
  • Added "showTargetMarker" setting
  • Added experimental alternate ship renderer that shows outlines, enable in data/config/radar/combat_radar_plugins.csv
  • Removed some old debug logging
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 12:19:05 AM by LazyWizard »

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Common Radar v0.8c (WIP, released 2014-08-27)
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2014, 07:47:44 PM »

Some of you may have noticed a sporadic disco ball graphical corruption bug that managed to sneak into the last release. Sorry about that, it should be fixed in the next version.

Thanks to Dark.Revenant for pointing this out, and Mesotronik for verifying the bug was finally squashed.

I've also been working on a few other, minor features:
Spoiler
[close]

I hope to have a release ready within the next day or two.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Common Radar v1.0 (released 2014-09-09)
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2014, 09:08:05 PM »

Version 1.0 is finally finished, get it here (mirror).

Spoiler
[close]

This update adds campaign functionality to the radar. Right now fleets, planets, stars, stations, jump points and asteroids are displayed. Since we can't retrieve faction colors in .6.2a, all elements are colored based on their faction's relationship with the player. Neutral fleets are colored as friendlies since there's no difference between the two right now.

There's an odd bug I can't track down that causes the radar to become less transparent while time accelerating. However, given that travelling is when you'd most want to pay attention to the radar I'm not too worried about it. Consider it an 'unofficial feature'. ;)

Other changes:
  • Added line smoothing to certain radar elements (less jagged edges)
  • Fixed rare "disco radar" bug introduced in .8c
  • Fixed single blank frame when player's hulk status changes
  • The polygonal ship renderer has been optimized and is now the default ship renderer in combat; the old triangle renderer can be re-enabled by switching which line is commented out in data/config/radar/combat_radar_plugins.csv (you'll want ShipSimpleRenderer for the old behavior)
  • Increased visibility of fighters on the combat radar
  • Slightly reduced default radar range from 2250 to 2100 su
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 09:58:05 PM by LazyWizard »

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2014, 02:36:10 AM »

• Slightly reduced default radar range from 2250 to 2100 su

Am I the only one here feeling that the old default radar range of 2250 was already too short? It just seems contrary to the idea of being a radar and all. I still felt like checking the map & command UI every few seconds to satisfy my OCD of situation awareness with the 2250 default value. Personally I found 5000 to be more suitable for my taste, while an even larger number is required while commanding a carrier fleet with large amount of fighters.

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2014, 02:47:29 AM »

Oh by the way, the new campaign radar is beautiful.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2014, 04:04:12 AM »

Am I the only one here feeling that the old default radar range of 2250 was already too short? It just seems contrary to the idea of being a radar and all. I still felt like checking the map & command UI every few seconds to satisfy my OCD of situation awareness with the 2250 default value. Personally I found 5000 to be more suitable for my taste, while an even larger number is required while commanding a carrier fleet with large amount of fighters.

There's a few reasons the default view distance is so short, but the main one is to ensure that players with low spec computers can use the radar with default settings. Even with the visibility improvements in this update it becomes nearly impossible to see fighters on the radar with a high view distance and low resolution.

If you have a good rig then by all means bump the numbers up, that's why I included the config files. :)

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2014, 12:31:09 PM »

Some minor polish for the next release, animated zoom and controlling the zoom direction:

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2014, 05:35:24 PM »

I expect the zoom will be very useful for crowded places.

I was wondering if it'd be possible to have 2 color icons on the map. For example one color for the faction color, and a second outline for faction standing toward you. Another potential use of 2 colors would be for colorblind people. Using icons instead of color to denote faction standing.

Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2014, 01:14:08 PM »

Faction colors will be added after .65a, fleets are only red/green right now because we can't retrieve their actual color yet.

Adding a second color/an icon to denote faction standing is a great idea, I'll do some tests to see what looks good. :)

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.65a] Common Radar v1.1 (released 2014-10-21)
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2014, 04:33:14 AM »

1.1 is up, get it here (mirror). This is mostly a compatibility update for .65a, but it does add support for comm relays (I'll find a better icon soon) and animated bi-directional zoom.

Changelog:
1.1 (October 21, 2014)
========================
Updated to support Starsector .65a
Station rendering fixed in campaign
Comm relays are included on the campaign radar
Zooming is now done using +/-, toggling the radar on/off is still K by default
Zooming in/out is now animated

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2014, 09:22:01 AM »

Small bug: Fleets are red if you have negative relations with their faction... even if the relationship status is still neutral.

Kommodore Krieg

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2014, 07:11:13 PM »

Excellent, I would love to see this make it's way into vanilla to be honest. 

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: [0.65a] Common Radar v1.1b (released 2014-10-23)
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2014, 04:38:05 PM »

1.1b is up, get it here (mirror).

The changes in this one are purely cosmetic. I'm basically going through my todo list and checking off the things that .65a made possible. :)

Changelog:
1.1b (October 23, 2014)
=========================
Campaign fleet renderer changes:
 - Fleets are only colored red if they are hostile towards the player
Battle progress bar changes:
 - Doesn't show initial relative fleet strengths in a simulation battle
 - Ignores ships still in picker in simulation battles
 - Doesn't count the reserves of a fleet in full retreat

Reh

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65a] Common Radar v1.1b (released 2014-10-23)
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2014, 06:51:28 PM »

There seems to be a bug with Common Radar when trying to fight Junk Pirates. I testes it a few times and it crashes the game just in the beginning of the battle when enemy ships are coming into view.

The end of log:

Spoiler
125474 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.MercAndPirateFleetManager  - Checking whether to spawn pirate or merc fleet for market [Gateway]
125474 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.MercAndPirateFleetManager  - 1 out of a maximum 2 pirate/merc fleets in play for market [Gateway]
125494 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.MercAndPirateFleetManager  - Spawned merc fleet [Mercenary Patrol] from market Gateway
127333 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine  - FP1: 127, FP2: 101, maxFP1: 225, maxFP2: 175
185013 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [shaderSettings.json]
201453 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at org.lazywizard.radar.renderers.combat.ShipPolygonRenderer.getShape(ShipPolygonRenderer.java:110)
   at org.lazywizard.radar.renderers.combat.ShipPolygonRenderer.render(ShipPolygonRenderer.java:247)
   at org.lazywizard.radar.CombatRadarPlugin.render(CombatRadarPlugin.java:311)
   at org.lazywizard.radar.CombatRadarPlugin.advance(CombatRadarPlugin.java:348)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.ooOO.o0oO$Oo.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.A.OoOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.void.void.class$super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.?0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[close]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11