What's next? (pick 2 options)

Boarding Frigate
Heavy Cruiser
Capital-class Carrier
Dreadnought (bigger battleship)
A Batavian Homesystem
More misc; Weapons, Hullmods, Shipsystems

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Project Batavia V10 - Part of Exerelin! Uomoz's Sector compatible!  (Read 142048 times)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile

Hrm. Yes, I can reduce the number of marines a little. But the chaos is intended.  ;)

I will put up an Exerelin and savegame compatible update soon:
-Batavian Fire Resistance made available (I messed up and it isn't available in the campaign atm)
-Portraits edited (fixed eyes being too close together)
-Speed of hullmod and shipsystem upped (forgot to update this in V10)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

I feel like the Spuwer Chaingun has uncharacteristically low turn speed compared to the other Batavian weapons.

Actually, the Spuwer Chaingun doesn't really fit into Batavia at all - it's an energy-based assault weapon with energy damage and a slow turn rate.  No Batavian ships use them in the default loadouts either, if I remember correctly.  Just my opinion, though.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

I feel like the Spuwer Chaingun has uncharacteristically low turn speed compared to the other Batavian weapons.

Actually, the Spuwer Chaingun doesn't really fit into Batavia at all - it's an energy-based assault weapon with energy damage and a slow turn rate.  No Batavian ships use them in the default loadouts either, if I remember correctly.  Just my opinion, though.
The Eendracht and the Gadila have a variant that uses them. Its a little different on purpose. It is an aim-and-spray weapon, meant to be fired when you've already found a target. If it turned faster it would make most PD weapons obsolete. Its sort of like a large Hazemeyer that fires very fast but turns very slow. In fact, it uses the same projectile as the Hazemeyer.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

The Eendracht and the Gadila have a variant that uses them. Its a little different on purpose. It is an aim-and-spray weapon, meant to be fired when you've already found a target. If it turned faster it would make most PD weapons obsolete. Its sort of like a large Hazemeyer that fires very fast but turns very slow. In fact, it uses the same projectile as the Hazemeyer.

I think the massive flux usage of the weapon really lets it down - it's 300 flux/sec for the same amount of DPS.  It seems underwhelming, since it doesn't do extra damage against shields or armor.  If anything, the C-13 Hazemaker has 200-odd DPS with about a third of the OP cost - so much more cost effective (lacks the range, but on ships like the De Ruyter, that matters not with your Combat Thrusters).
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Alrighty, got some more balance issues, mainly pertaining to fighters.

The Flores Attack Boat is batshit-OP - it has 2 B-37s and 2 Kinetic missile pods - good lord.  They completely outshine every other fighters due to that one aspect.  Sure, the Elite Fockers might have 4 B-37s, but all of the B-37s in the world simply can't stand up to the barrage of 6 Kinetic missiles that comes from the Flores wing.  I'd suggest you change the wing entirely to take on more of a generalist Heavy Fighter role, light anti-ship with decent anti-fighter.  Perhaps strap on a Hailstorm Mark 2 with a single fragmentation missile pod (a nerfed fragmenation missile pod, read on and you'll hear about that one when I talk about the Elite Fokker).

Also, the Evertsen wing could use a buff - it has just a Batavian Needler, B-37, and a kinetic missile pod, and with just 2 per wing, there's no point into getting them over the Flores, as they just have more firepower.  I'd suggest that 2 Kinetic pods per fighter, so they have a purpose over the Flores wing (if the suggestion above is taken) to be better anti-shield fighters, somewhat like the underused Longbow from vanilla.

Finally, the odd mix between the Fokker and the Elite Fokker.  I do understand that the Elite Fokker is supposed to be a straight-up upgrade over the regular Fokker, but it simply doesn't sit well with me.  The regular Fokkers seem fine, like Talons - cheap and disposable.  The Elite Fokkers are a different matter - I think it's because B-37s perform so badly (which is fine, as they're found all over Batavian ships as built-in weapons), and having 2 extra ones isn't going to help very much.  Perhaps instead of 2 additional B-37s, the Elite Fokkers get a fragmentation missile pod added to them (nerfed, if possible, to fire just 2 frag missiles per volley).

The Bombers are pretty ok - the Soemba and the Fokker G1 both have their place in the world, with the Soemba being the better anti-ship bomber and the Fokker G1 being a (surprisingly) good bomber-hunter. :D Those Aukes torpedoes, if you want to prevent that, might want to be classed as Strike weapons and then add a bit more omph to them to bring them more in line with the pair of bomb bays the Soemba has.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 07:40:39 PM by The Soldier »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

I will look into the fighter stats and see what needs fixing. It is true that their respective roles got blurred with the introduction of new PB weapons, replacing vanilla weapons. Thanks for the feedback on the fighters.  :)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Also, I think you have to shorten the time after death for those pretty much all the Batavian missiles aside from the Thunderbolt - in the game, it's pretty common to lose half your health due to no seeing tiny, engine-dead missiles slamming into your side that came from a completely different part of the battle.

And I seem to be the only person here commenting on this mod. :-\

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Project Batavia V10 - Part of Exerelin! Uomoz's Sector compatible!
« Reply #262 on: October 16, 2014, 06:35:25 PM »

Nope, you are not .
Sadly i havenĀ“t got the time to play atm  :(
But would love to.
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 17, 2014, 03:31:15 PM »

By the way, Erick, nice new portrait at the bottom of the OP.  I think I know what's coming next. :)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 18, 2014, 04:32:27 AM »

Someone noticed.  8)

[edit]
By the way, no one has given me any feedback on the dreadnought yet?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 04:34:45 AM by Erick Doe »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 18, 2014, 09:35:06 AM »

I've only gotten to using it recently, and even then, not for very long.  I get the impression, though, that it lacks any real amount of concentrated firepower, as you can only point 1 or 2 of the large turrets at a single target at any given time.  It's still slow and maneuverable as a whale without having Combat Thrusters (a godsend) active.  That's about it for now.

EDIT:
I actually just noticed this, but this faction has a ton of carriers.  Probably has more carriers than most other factions in the game.  Once Batavia gets it's final, Capital-class carrier, that will bring it up to 4.  And I like that. :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 07:57:08 PM by The Soldier »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 19, 2014, 05:28:00 AM »

If you count all the ships with flightdecks, it is already at 4: Gadila Mk2 (1), Tromp Mk2 (2), Karel Doorman (3) and Seven Provinces (1)

:D

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 19, 2014, 05:44:00 PM »

Out of curiosity Erick, do you have any ideas on what the Capital-class carrier is going to look like?

Also, this mod has a ton of capital ships.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 05:57:30 PM by The Soldier »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 02, 2014, 05:23:36 PM »

Any ETA on an update for the mod to 0.65a?  Well, including the other mods you've got like TuP and maybe the Zorg.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 02, 2014, 07:00:01 PM »

I'm fairly busy with life right now, so I haven't gotten the chance to look into updating my mods for 0.6.5a yet. Will get to it eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19