What's next? (pick 2 options)

Boarding Frigate
Heavy Cruiser
Capital-class Carrier
Dreadnought (bigger battleship)
A Batavian Homesystem
More misc; Weapons, Hullmods, Shipsystems

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Project Batavia V10 - Part of Exerelin! Uomoz's Sector compatible!  (Read 141891 times)

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile

No, only torpedos I'd say
Well maybe the SRM. But I think the D-X90 is a proper replacement.

btw the missiles look great.
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile

No, only torpedos I'd say
Well maybe the SRM. But I think the D-X90 is a proper replacement.

btw the missiles look great.

Also adding some hullmods that benefit missile focussed Batavian ships:

Batavian Rocket Storage: Structural integrity and bulkheads are sacrificed in favour of additional storage space for rockets and other projectiles. Removes 25% hull integrity but doubles ammo for missile weapons.

Batavian Fire Ship: All non-essential parts of the ship are stripped in favour of stocking the vessel with armaments which basically turns it into a fragile flying weapon. Removes 50% hull integrity and adds 150% ammo capacity.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 05:28:31 AM by Erick Doe »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Good lord.  Would I sacrifice 50% of my hull to have 150% more missiles?

Yes, yes I would. :D  Will these two modifiers stack?  Will they stack with the vanilla Expanded Missile Storage hullmod?  And most importantly, will the Batavian Fire Ship have a large blast radius when it explodes (very unlikely, but would be cool)?

EDIT:
And I see it uses the new C-12 energy weapon.  Nice. :)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 07:33:12 PM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Yes, the hullmods will stack. That is why I changed it from 75% less hull to 50%. Else the Rocket Storage + Fire Ship would result in 0 hull. And yes, that messed up the game.

Rocket Storage + Fire Ship + Expanded Missile Racks = 75% less hull and 325% more missiles. I might have to tweak the figures a little, or make the Fire Ship an Aukes specific hullmod.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

I've added a poll. Please give me your opinion on the mod. Everyone gets 2 votes, but you don't have to vote twice. Your opinion can help me get a feel for what people think, and will possibly help me tweak the mod. Don't worry about voting "I don't like PB at all". Honesty is what matters. If a large portion of votes go towards the third option, obviously I've got to start looking at people's feedback more and change things around.  :)

Chronosfear

• Commander
    • View Profile

I would like to vote : " Release V9 now " but that option isn't available  ... ( want to fly that missile frigate  ;D )
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

My words are backed with nuclear weapons
Gandhi (Civ)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

I would like to vote : " Release V9 now " but that option isn't available  ... ( want to fly that missile frigate  ;D )
Working as fast as I can. Well, no not really. Working as fast as leisurely possible.  :D

Am making considerable progress though.

Quick sketch of a new ship:

Anti-fighter broadside on one side of the ship. Possible "boarding-ship" by giving it a unique weapon that launches "marine-pods", that cause EMP damage which disables weapons and engines. All focussed on its left broadside.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 07:17:30 AM by Erick Doe »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Interesting ship.  I can't really tell if it's a frigate or a destroyer (or even bigger).  Regardless, I can feel this ship is going to be an Omen on steroids with those "marine-pods" - DISABLE EVERYTHING!
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

It is a frigate. Perhaps a destroyer. But certainly no bigger than that.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Update on the progress I've made so far:
-6 new hullmods exclusively for Batavian ships; Batavian Ammo Crates, Batavian Bulkheads, Batavian Deck Crews, Batavian Fire Ship, Batavian Rocket Storage, Batavian Fuel Mixture
-Aukes Missile Frigate completed.
-2 new small energy weapons; C-series Hazemeyers
-3 new similar rocket launchers (D-X90 Velgelder series), each with a unique warhead type; fragmentation, heavy explosive, kinetic
-Aukes Missile Platform or AMP completed, exclusively for the Aukes Missile Frigate. Though may be built-in to future ships as well. mid-range missiles.
-Lots and lots of description updates and faction lore
-Replacing built-in Swarmers and similar weapons with the new C-series and D-X90 series.
-Added animated yellow bridge lights on all ships.
-Preparing to add the F1 Defender as a playable ship, able to call two F1 Defender wingmen as drones.
-Possibly removing the Black Fokker squadron as a playable ship. Instead adding them as a tier up from the Elite Fokker E7 fighter wing.
-Completely redoing all variants, since there are so many new weapons and hullmods available.
-Updating mission variants.
-Updating PB campaign integration; adding all new stuff in, plus more.
-Redoing ship systems. Giving all Batavian ships new ship systems, based on their vanilla counterparts.
-Postponing the Ruitenschild boarding frigate for the moment.

Once everything is done and thoroughly tested I'll release V9.  :)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Looks like an exciting update! :D The hull mods, the Deck Crews in particular.  Sounds like a hull mod for the Ruitenschild boarding frigate, if anything.

Oh, a playable fighter!  The F1 Defender is probably my favorite of them all, just a this hunky fighter with a pretty heavy weapons loadout.

Also, will the Fokker G.I make it in this update?  We've yet to see the torpedo it's going to be armed with.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 08:53:38 AM by The Soldier »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

@The Soldier
Yes

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Oh, looks like a P-38 Lightning. :D

It looks like it'll carry two torpedoes, or one torpedo and some fixed gun positions.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

It will carry two improved Aukes single missile launchers (which can only fire 1 missile at a time, instead of the platform's 4), with heavier payloads. They're basically torpedoes. It carries 5 missiles under each wing, so a total of 10 until it has to dock to rearm. It is also armed with two B38's in the front and one C-12 turret in the back, with an arc of 120.

The ship is based on this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fokker_G.I
Incidently, it is also its namesake. I say incidently, because I just randomly started with the Fokker E6 in honor of WW1's Fokker E.III
Then I ended up with the elite version of that ship, the Fokker E7. Then for the new Defender I needed to start a new series tag, so alphabetically that became the F1. And now this bomber follows with G1.

But yes, it does look similar to the P-38.  :D

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Damn, 10 upgraded Aukes missiles.  And they track, which means the derpy bomber AI won't matter as much. :D
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19