Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Engines can't be repaired  (Read 1276 times)

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Engines can't be repaired
« on: November 28, 2013, 03:48:56 PM »

Happened during battle, a ship get its engine disabled and will not repair them, as such it will just drift around without being able to do anything. Rarely happened to me and the AI. I was playing with the Exigency mod when it happened, so i'm not sure if it come from either Starsector or the mod.

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Engines can't be repaired
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 07:19:22 PM »

On the subject of permenent engine outage, can we get an option to toggle this sort of thing on?
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Engines can't be repaired
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 09:38:18 PM »

Happened during battle, a ship get its engine disabled and will not repair them, as such it will just drift around without being able to do anything. Rarely happened to me and the AI. I was playing with the Exigency mod when it happened, so i'm not sure if it come from either Starsector or the mod.

IIRC I fixed a bug that sounds just like this a while ago; engines that flamed out while maneuvering jets were engaged would stay flamed out permanently. Can't quite recall whether that was in 0.6.1a, though, or if it's still pending for 0.6.2a.

@Flare: the suggestion forum is thataway :)