Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Modified Saved games will not load  (Read 1690 times)

entropy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Modified Saved games will not load
« on: November 17, 2013, 08:15:08 PM »

A few days ago I was able to modify my saved games to give me as many Skill points, Attribute points, and credits so I could try a few optimized ships out. The game was loading fine. It was working in Exerelin and in the normal New Game mode. I would typically give myself 206 skill points and 103 attribute points and around 100,000,000 credits.

Now it is not letting me load my games any more. The mods are the same ones I have been using. Here are some of the errors:

Not sure how to post the full log...

Any help would be appreciated!!! Thank you!

104672 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Weapon spec [target_painter] not found in weapon_data.csv
104673 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Weapon spec [ms_3wave] not found in weapon_data.csv
104673 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Weapon spec [br_ciws] not found in weapon_data.csv
104679 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader.....

109782 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader  - Ship hull spec [relics_faithoper] not found in ship_data.csv
109782 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader  - Ship hull spec [relics_extinctioner] not found in ship_data.csv
109783 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpreadsheetLoader  - Ship hull spec [relics_queen] not found in ship_data.csv...

136363 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Applying data from weapon_data.csv to [tpc]
136364 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Applying data from weapon_data.csv to [sensordish]
136364 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Weapon spec [target_painter] not found in weapon_data.csv
136364 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Weapon spec [ms_3wave] not found in weapon_data.csv

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: Modified Saved games will not load
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 08:34:12 PM »

Hrrrrmmm... Well it looks like the mods just aren't active. I know you said you have them up, but would you double check?

If that doesn't work, it looks like you accidentally borked the save. You can use the backup file by removing your old campaign.xml, and removing the .bak from compaign.xml.bak. If that doesn't work then I don't know what to do.
I always make a copy of my save before editing - I've certainly screwed the thing up before. Good luck!

entropy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Modified Saved games will not load
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 09:56:46 PM »

Hrrrrmmm... Well it looks like the mods just aren't active. I know you said you have them up, but would you double check?

If that doesn't work, it looks like you accidentally borked the save. You can use the backup file by removing your old campaign.xml, and removing the .bak from compaign.xml.bak. If that doesn't work then I don't know what to do.
I always make a copy of my save before editing - I've certainly screwed the thing up before. Good luck!

I did what you suggested and now I can load my modified saves! Thank you!!!  ;D