Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Have the system map be a "live feed" like the in-battle tactical map.  (Read 2598 times)

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile

Not really a necessary feature, but it would be very useful to have, so you can see where all fleets are going in the system in real time rather than having to open and close the system map repeatedly to see where their icon is headed, and ofc, you can chose to pause in this map just as you can pause in the tactical overview in battle.

Coolrah

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Have the system map be a "live feed" like the in-battle tactical map.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 10:58:37 AM »

Maybe make it so you can put pings on specific fleets so that whenever they do something of importance you'd get a notification or somethin in your feed

Its always a good day to die

Garmine

• Lieutenant
  • We're The Borg. Every resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 10:10:37 AM »

I second (third?) ValkyriaL's idea. :)
I went outside one day, the graphics were amazing, but the gameplay sucked...
Prepare yourselves for miscapitalization errors! *evil laugh*

Ryan

• Ensign
  • Master K travels the stars...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 11:16:03 AM »

Please do this. I tried to un-pause on the map screen during a long fleet travel, but I had to resort to opening and closing the map multiple times over to get a "live" effect.
Also, may I suggest a fast forward toggle button? My shift key finger gets tired easily.
If the moon, in the act of completing its eternal way around the earth, were gifted with self-consciousness, it would be fully convinced that it was traveling its way of its own accord…

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 10:55:13 PM »

As far as i know the sector/system maps are currently mostly 'placeholders'. So there is a possibility to a major change to everything in this regard, including fleet vectors and other stuff (probably even hidden systems, fleets etc.).