Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Anime Thread  (Read 35313 times)

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: Anime Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2014, 08:43:09 PM »

Better alternatives are:
-Fate Stay Night and it's prequel ... uhm Fate zero or how was it called? Prequel is better than original imo
-Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (my absolute favourite of all time, nothing can beat this)
I can vouch for these two. The FATE series is awesome, even their PSP game and if you love mechs, you will most likely love Gurren Lagann!
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

lStealtherl

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2014, 06:39:29 AM »

Well, of course. We are speaking of ufotable here. Studio Deen just pales in comparison.

Low quality PV2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9695ZJQS-48

As for Mahouka, I just hope it will be better than SAO. Its pacing should well fit for anime, given how the manga captures the LN feelings. SAO was unfortunate that was too loyal to LN. I myself wished that it had fillers with every other floor, given the context.

mickbrown

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2014, 03:15:08 PM »

I wouldn't say BSP was "boring" or "dull" but it did definitely have a "methodical pace". Some people like or dislike that stuff.

I saw RWBY pop up and I believe the previews of it was posted here many pages ago. It isn't quite Anime but it is still fun to watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sGiE10zNQM

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2014, 08:03:50 PM »

I'm itching for something to watch, I'm running on fumes here :p

I'm wondering if knights of sidonia would be any good, but I have some doubts with the cgi they're using.
Oh and maybe if break blade will do something nice this time round.

Sigh Might as well flip through some manga.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 08:06:26 PM by FlashFrozen »

lStealtherl

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2014, 04:32:37 AM »

Although not new work, Kemono no Souja Erin is a wonderful slice-of-life-ish story driven anime which isn't short, 50 episodes! The start will be very slow (compared to others) as it introduces the world and characters, but picks up its pace and you'll be drawn into its world.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2014, 04:37:56 AM »

Although not new work, Kemono no Souja Erin is a wonderful slice-of-life-ish story driven anime which isn't short, 50 episodes! The start will be very slow (compared to others) as it introduces the world and characters, but picks up its pace and you'll be drawn into its world.
This show i can some up in two words: THE FEELS!!! It is an awesome series, especially once it gets going

The blurb for the series: In the war against neighboring countries, the Grand Duke’s warriors use dragon-like beasts called Touda as weapons. Touda are admired across the nation and villages take great pride in breeding them. Erin lives in one such village with her mother, Soyon, who is the best beastinarian in the country. However, life in the village is not so straightforward: Soyon is also an Ariyo, a woman of the Mist People - a race that is feared by humans for its mystical abilities. So that she and Erin can stay in the village, Soyon must flawlessly fulfill her duty capturing and disciplining the Touda; but while Erin wants nothing more than to become a beastinarian, she also feels sorry for the Touda and recognizes that there’s far more to them than meets the eye. Can Erin ever become an ordinary beastinarian when her deepest instincts tell her there is a better way to interact with the Touda? (Anime-Planet)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 12:58:42 PM by Midnight Kitsune »

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Witention

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2014, 12:15:47 AM »

I just started watching the Persona 4 anime.

lStealtherl

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2014, 11:41:33 AM »

I've recently grown tired of high school protagonists, there are almost same settings everywhere nowadays. Sword Art Online, Mahouka, Aldnoah Zero etc. "Little" kids gets to decide the outcome of everything. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of greatly executed animes with those settings. But these recent releases... Where are the seinen animes?  ???

So I set a bar of what anime to watch; main protagonist have to be atleast 20 years old. You know what, there's very few I can think of. Out of top of my head:

Fate/Zero, Hellsing, Mushishi, Usagi Drops, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Legend of Galactic Heroes and very few (old) gundam shows.

Can you recommend me some animes which meets this "basic" criteria? I won't be picky so I'll accept all genres. I get the feeling that there are few (awesome) animes with 20~ year old protagonist. I just can't think of any at this moment.

Despite my complaints, I'm waiting for this. Certainly worth the watch.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1tl842_tv-pv
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 11:49:30 AM by lStealtherl »

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2014, 09:04:51 PM »

hrmm, try psycho pass? They are rebroadcasting the series with some extra bits again,

Gankutsuou (find a 720p or something, streams can't handle the glorious textures)
Zankyou No Terror ( ymmv kinda still teeny but they behave like death note characters...ish )

I have no idea

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2014, 07:12:59 PM »

If you're putting off Aldnoah Zero for being a "high school protagonist" setting, you'd be wrong.

They only part of their "school" they show is the training area where they fire off training rounds since they're being trained as soldiers. And that doesn't even last for the entire episode.

lStealtherl

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2014, 02:20:42 AM »

While not clearly defined, in the end I said this to conclude my issue of highschool settings.

So I set a bar of what anime to watch; main protagonist have to be atleast 20 years old.

While you're correct that it doesn't last more than an episode, in the end they still started as school kids that gets thrown around to fit them in other genre. It could have been perfectly done with an adult, and it still wouldn't miss the "charm" people think only school graders has. It would be more than enough to feel the seriousness the anime is trying to convey. In the end it's just another modern Gundam.

I seem to recognize your avatar from somewhere... Do you possibly read LMS?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 04:52:57 AM by lStealtherl »

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2014, 08:49:34 AM »

While not clearly defined, in the end I said this to conclude my issue of highschool settings.

So I set a bar of what anime to watch; main protagonist have to be atleast 20 years old.

While you're correct that it doesn't last more than an episode, in the end they still started as school kids that gets thrown around to fit them in other genre. It could have been perfectly done with an adult, and it still wouldn't miss the "charm" people think only school graders has. It would be more than enough to feel the seriousness the anime is trying to convey. In the end it's just another modern Gundam.

I seem to recognize your avatar from somewhere... Do you possibly read LMS?
You can't be a child soldier if you're over 20. Also, Inaho (the protagonist) seems to have asperger syndrome, considering he fails to react to a number of situations appropriately.

Not to mention Gen Urobuchi writes the script.

Anyway, don't say I didn't warn you when you come to the realization that such a narrow outlook causes you to miss out on many things.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 08:52:22 AM by Nanao-kun »

conorano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2014, 10:09:17 AM »

Just wondering. Are there any people from the database here? (talking about log horizon) Season 2 just came out and it's looking good so far. even thought the OP had about 30 ish new characters to meet.  ;D

lStealtherl

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2014, 05:21:42 AM »

It's animation quality took a real hit, I re-watched the first season before I saw 2nd and it was... cringe-worthy. Still, I'm holding on cause I like the world it had told us so far.

I watched Psycho-Pass and Barakamon, worth watching and the saviour of the summer season.

Despite my complaints, I'm now watching Fate/stay night and Kiseijuu (aka Parasyte). But everyone agrees they are a must watch of the season, no matter what, right?! I'm not in the wrong here!

Shingeki no Bahamut seems okay so far, better animation than usual.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2014, 05:29:21 AM »

About Log Horizon: Is the series itself cringe worthy or just the second season?
Got to LOVE the FATE/ series! Although the prism illiya one isn't as good as the others

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4