Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Toggle to prefer least experienced crew  (Read 1282 times)

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
Toggle to prefer least experienced crew
« on: November 11, 2013, 12:49:35 AM »

Playing the Ironclads mod (at least until the saves got too big to load on my poor old 32bit system...), I noticed there's a fighter specifically designed to be essentially meatshields made of fodder and strife. Problem is, unless I perfectly balance my crew numbers, there isn't a way to make sure I'm only sending greenies to their deaths in these waves of tinfoil.

While such a strategy may not be...humane, it's certainly interesting. ;D
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: Toggle to prefer least experienced crew
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 01:55:53 AM »

Hm... I might be able to do something with it. Not sure IF and HOW and especially WHEN, but i`ll try at least.

I imagine a script of sorts that somehow puts only low-lever crew into specific fighters/ships.

Wraithbourne

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Toggle to prefer least experienced crew
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 08:12:45 AM »

The ISA faction in your mod has an unmanned fighter that always has a crew level of green due to there not being anyone in it to raise the experience level.  That fighter is designed to be a next generation support fighter though so even with green CR its pretty effective, I suppose you could incorporate a fighter for every faction that represents a basic effort to produce an unmanned fighter.  That would I think give you a viable mechanic to give each faction a total meatshield fighter craft.  Have ISA's version as an early model of the fighter thats in the game currently (the name escapes me sorry) and have every other factions version as an attempt to emulate ISA's successful final model perhaps?