Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: The Infernal Machine - Vanilla Factions Expansion Pack  (Read 88099 times)

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] MesoTroniK's mini mods - TIM pack v0.1a released
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2014, 02:53:17 PM »

I let all you guys in on a hint, the Thanate is a Super Carrier in the sense that has never been done before. Armed with a paltry 4x Infinite Repeaters and 12x Micro Particle Beams (all built ins), its only real firepower is that mysterious opening.

It manufactures large quantities of that Toa class fighter, and when that door opens all hell breaks loose ;)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 02:59:39 PM by MesoTroniK »

etherealblade

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] MesoTroniK's mini mods - TIM pack v0.1a released
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2014, 01:37:43 AM »

Man that is one attractive ship. This really only adds to the hype. I can't wait to find out what role this "Super Carrier III" has. I know you peoples are think'n, "com'on ethereal, carriers only have one role." Yet I ask thee as I stare into the abyss...

Are you all support?... ;D

Or an Army of One.  ??? :o
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 10:24:50 PM by etherealblade »
Spoiler

[close]

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] MesoTroniK's mini mods - TIM pack v0.1b released
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2014, 05:32:06 PM »

Updated The Infernal Machine, grab the new version from original post.

This is just a quick fix to put the ships inline with the balance changes for the 0.6.2a Starsector update, along with a few other minor tweaks and fixes. It will remain just a demo for the time being, my priorities at the moment lie with putting together a quality of life update for Exigency Incorporated.

Code
* = Not fully tested
** = Not finished
*** = Broken

0.1b "Quick fix"

- Changed values in the ship_data.csv to fit the new standards for the 0.6.2a update.
- Added peak combat readiness timer to the Phalanx (forgot it in last version).
- Changed the listed difficulty level of the Coup de grâce mission from medium to hard.
- Adjusted the asteroid field angle, density, and randomness for the Coup de grâce and Surveyor missions.
- Probably some things I don't recall.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 10:59:05 PM by MesoTroniK »

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2014, 10:25:56 PM »

So uhh yea, these guys will be coming to the Infernal Machine pack soon™...

Spoiler
[close]

If I ever get all my damn Exigency Incorporated faction problems solved for the next update :P
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 03:19:42 AM by MesoTroniK »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2014, 10:52:03 PM »

Yum! Love the kanji. Very curious about the frigate/corvette in the bottom right corner with the pink glowies.

Shellster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2014, 12:08:48 AM »

Wow they look awesome! I really like the dark green colour scheme they've got. The battleship is my favourite, I'm guessing its gonna do some damage with 8 large weapons slots too haha :).

SpaceRiceBowl

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2014, 12:09:50 AM »

That conquest/onslaught looks awesome
I really don't know what I'm doing...

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2014, 12:46:43 AM »

Sweet jazz, Mr.Meso.

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2014, 04:54:02 AM »

And Meso does it again, why am I not surprised...  8)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2014, 06:59:58 AM »

O god, me want.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2014, 10:49:54 AM »

Yum! Love the kanji. Very curious about the frigate/corvette in the bottom right corner with the pink glowies.

That little one will probably be the most annoying thing you'll encounter in the whole sector 8)

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2014, 01:24:30 PM »

Mr. Network Pesci, thank you for the feedback I will explain the things you spoke of.

In all honesty there is not really a practical way to prevent that ship from being sold in Askonia. Currently the way the vanilla game is setup is that the Independent Traders have all ships available to them and deliver them at random to the Askonia station, this is intentional behavior by Alex until he sets up the factions "proper". For a while I had a special every frame script that would remove unwanted things from stations and this worked, but it has issues that were two fold: You could still get the prohibited stuff by killing the supply convoys heading for Askonia before they delivered them to the station, and it also causes a lot of crash errors with some other mods that had every frame campaign scripts if they were ran at the same time. So this script was scrapped since Alex will solve this issue proper himself at some point, and so it was more trouble than its worth to try and solve those two problems. Unfortunately for the time being I recommend just having self control and role playing. As for the ships appearing in the campaign as intended, right now this is really just a "demo" with them in missions and no mind payed to campaign integration. So people can have fun with the ships, and they can be integrated into Uomoz's compilation. TIM pack will not be updated for a little while as I concentrate my efforts on my main mod project. When that is updated (and it will be an awesome patch) TIM will be my primary focus instead with proper campaign integration for all the "vanilla" ships, the Pirates using their new stuff properly, and the Tiandong guys with their own agenda :)

Also about that mission, holy crap you actually almost beat it? For all intents and purposes I designed it to be 100% impossible, if you ever beat it and even better if you have a video recording of it I will sing songs of your badassery!

lechibang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: The Infernal Machine - Vanilla Factions Expansion Pack
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2017, 10:51:49 AM »

I'm just bumping up the old mods here to see if there is going to be any responses at all
Do it yourself, as people always say.

Shyguy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2017, 10:57:33 AM »

I'm just bumping up the old mods here to see if there is going to be any responses at all

The ships of this mod now reside in the Ships and Weapons pack by Dark Skeleton Rocket Launcher Man.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2017, 01:44:44 PM »

This mod is included in Dark Revenant's Underworld mod
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5