Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: 1-2-3 way battles  (Read 1791 times)

haloguy1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
1-2-3 way battles
« on: November 05, 2013, 11:39:06 AM »

I have a suggestion that i think is cool okay lets get on with it.Being able to join in a battle with your allies or help then from a losing battle or when your in a battle there is a chance more enemy fleets can join or allies.

Would this be good or bad in my opinion its good be nice to have more intense battles. :D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 11:54:28 AM by haloguy1 »

TheHengeProphet

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 1-2-3 way battles
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 01:15:28 AM »

This would be neat, but it would require battles to span over in-game time, which currently they do not.  It would require implementing a battle-combat time not unlike that of Mount & Blade, where groups could join combat midway, including yourself; however, this might cause several issues regarding difficulty (suddenly you aren't fighting that lone buffalo, because the pirate assault fleet wanted a scoop of that icecream), not to mention possible difficulties involving setting up how the battle-time versus oververse-time would relate to eachother.

Modest

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 1-2-3 way battles
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 08:49:19 AM »

Great idea, and I am all for it. Problem is that already Alex said that 3 way battles are not going to be present in game.