Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: [0.65.1a] The Patrian Principate Alpha v2.2 - The Patrian Navy  (Read 87100 times)

NikolaiLev

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] The Patrian Principate V2 - The Patrian Navy
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2014, 11:44:33 PM »

It's back!  The Patrian Principate has finally not only been updated to current SS as well as given Exerelin compatibility (I think; not tested), it's received a major overhaul.  Forget everything you knew about Patria.

Mind you, this is again a sort of "pre-release"; it's missing a lot of things I originally planned and due to my laziness lack of professionalism unique release model I'll be adding these over time.  Among these are (still) weapon sprites, various ships, and ship systems.  Some things are pretty obviously placeholdery, but apparently some people actually want to play this mod.  So here it is!

Another note: This hasn't actually received constant work over the last year.  Development resumed as my interest picked back up with .65.  A few months ago it was in pretty much full swing and it's probably 75% complete.

The changes from the previous version are far too numerous to list.  But among them: new ships, new sounds, massive fighter re-work, general balancing, and a shift from Maser technology to plasma and magnetic acceleration technology.

So I hope you enjoy it, despite the lapse in development!

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] The Patrian Principate Alpha v2 - The Patrian Navy
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2014, 09:15:03 AM »

Fighters are considered as ships rather than wings, it cause a crash in battle. You might need to fix this first.

Code
2556552 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.FighterAI.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.void.void.class$super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.A.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

NikolaiLev

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2014, 09:30:41 AM »

Fighters are considered as ships rather than wings, it cause a crash in battle. You might need to fix this first.

Code
2556552 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.FighterAI.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.void.void.class$super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.A.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

That's strange.  In what mission did this occur?

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2014, 09:37:35 AM »

Missions are fine, it was in the campaign.

NikolaiLev

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2014, 10:27:09 PM »

Missions are fine, it was in the campaign.

Woops, found the problem.  Faction file.

Will be fixed within the hour.

EDIT: Should be fixed.  Let me know, and thanks for the feedback!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 10:39:04 PM by NikolaiLev »

Malone

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] The Patrian Principate Alpha v2.1 - The Patrian Navy
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2014, 02:22:29 AM »

This mod looks nice, do you know if it's compatible with SS+ ?

NikolaiLev

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2014, 03:03:27 AM »

No idea, but I can make it so, if it isn't difficult!

AMDAMK

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2014, 05:00:45 AM »

No idea, but I can make it so, if it isn't difficult!

Ahhhh, it isn't compatible with SS+.... That explain why i gained a "OutOfMemory" log.

And, I gained a "OutOfMemory" when i play this mod alone. I have max built in 32GbRam, and Starsector is using 30720MB , it's load finde until the menu, then i start a new game; Trader > extra Credis > extra ship, then it loads the economy until "Save Game", then it take a few minutes, the sound away and it's crashed, then i have the "OutOfMemory".

I ask me, why? It use so much RAM.

And yes, before the questions comes,
64bit Win 7
Jre folder replaced (first updatet )

Spoiler
And I have another Question, you're not gonna to support the version for 62a RC4?

Oh, and the "Mayflower-class Dreadnought" could have a bit more weapons; a single fight between the "Yamato vs Mayflower", the Yamato is winning.
[close]

Shyguy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2014, 05:29:23 AM »

I've been using this mod in tandem with SS+ for the last few days without problems and the only bug I might have seen is one of the fighterwings in the store which was a hull instead of an actual wing, i'll see if I can find the wing in question.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2014, 08:08:50 AM »

Ahhhh, it isn't compatible with SS+.... That explain why i gained a "OutOfMemory" log.

It is compatible with SS+. The "OutOfMemory" bug seems to come directly from the Patrian mod.

Here:

Spoiler
[close]

There are way more ships than in a normal game. It felt like the Patrian mod somehow duplicated everything else in the game, which is why it might have caused the OutOfMemory bug. I think i heard another modder talking about this bug when trying to update their mod to 0.65. Something to fix.

For the Mayflower, it always have been more of a mobile artillery than an actual battleship. The Yamato on the other hand is one of the strongest battleship in the game, so no wonder it wrecked its opponent. They just don't fit the same combat role. I haven't played them yet in the campaign but when i'll do, i'll tell you if something need to be changed.

Also the fighter wing bug have been fixed in the last version. Nikolailev, it would be good if you posted the changelogs of yours mods on the front page to see what exactly changed.

NikolaiLev

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2014, 08:50:15 AM »

And I have another Question, you're not gonna to support the version for 62a RC4?

Oh, and the "Mayflower-class Dreadnought" could have a bit more weapons; a single fight between the "Yamato vs Mayflower", the Yamato is winning.

62a RC4?  I didn't know it was out yet.  Once it's officially released I'll update the mod.

And as HELMUT said, it's more of a mobile artillery ship.  It's purely support.  If something gets in its face it's doomed; that's why its guns have a frightening 2000 range.  It can support an entire fleet and demolish ships from kilometers away.  Extremely powerful, but also extremely situational.  Just like most other things in the Navy.

It is compatible with SS+. The "OutOfMemory" bug seems to come directly from the Patrian mod.

Here:

Spoiler
[close]

There are way more ships than in a normal game. It felt like the Patrian mod somehow duplicated everything else in the game, which is why it might have caused the OutOfMemory bug. I think i heard another modder talking about this bug when trying to update their mod to 0.65. Something to fix.

For the Mayflower, it always have been more of a mobile artillery than an actual battleship. The Yamato on the other hand is one of the strongest battleship in the game, so no wonder it wrecked its opponent. They just don't fit the same combat role. I haven't played them yet in the campaign but when i'll do, i'll tell you if something need to be changed.

Also the fighter wing bug have been fixed in the last version. Nikolailev, it would be good if you posted the changelogs of yours mods on the front page to see what exactly changed.

Wow.  That is... fascinating.  I can't say I have any idea what's going on here, but I'll take a look.  Don't expect much though; I have no experience with SS+ and the campaign integration was already... iffy.

On another note: Patria needs you!  If you would like to help development on a couple niggling issues I cannot for the life of me seem to solve, don't hesitate to sign up!  In particular, here is a list of things beyond my ability:

Ship System: Small Battery Stabilizers
Spoiler
A system that increases the range of small ballistic and energy weapons in exchange for decreasing their turn rate.

While increasing the range of ballistic and energy weapons and decreasing their turn rate was easy enough, what I haven't been able to implement is making the system only affect small weapons, as well as adjust the range bonus per hull size (like ITU does).  A nice touch would be to exclude PD weapons from the range bonus, but still applying the turn rate decrease to them (as gameplay wise, it's supposed to reduce the potency of any PD in exchange for range).
[close]

Ship System: Micro Missile Fabricator
Spoiler
Not to be confused with a Micromissile Fabricator (I'm sure I'll implement a micromissile weapon at some point), this system shuts down weapons, engines, and/or shields in order to begin constructing and reloading missiles.  This I can likely do myself, but hey, help is always nice.
[close]

Fighter AI
Spoiler
This has always been the sticking point with Patria; aerospace fighters were always intended to lack lateral and reverse thrusters, relying on their superior speed and firepower to stay out of harm's way.  They should generally fly at maximum or close to maximum speed and use "zoom and boom" tactics to destroy enemy fighters and engage larger ships.  Serpentine maneuvers should also be available to more skilled pilots to evade incoming fire, as Patrian compact shield emitters are not [supposed to be] powerful enough to stop much damage.
[close]

I'll keep this list on the front page, as there's other stuff I could use help on I think.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 09:33:46 AM by NikolaiLev »

jupjupy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2014, 09:33:59 AM »

Hmm, this is actually the first time I've seen this mod.

While I certainly like the designs and feel of the faction, I've got to say that I have a slight beef with the ships. The weapon mounts simply dont look right on a lot of the vessels, particularly because of the dark blue hull shade.

You see, Araragi-san, in a way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain.
Normally, you only need to see what's happening on stage. That's how reality works.

NikolaiLev

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2014, 09:37:39 AM »

Hmm, this is actually the first time I've seen this mod.

While I certainly like the designs and feel of the faction, I've got to say that I have a slight beef with the ships. The weapon mounts simply dont look right on a lot of the vessels, particularly because of the dark blue hull shade.

I honestly always liked the contrast the vanilla weapon mounts gave.  Without them they looked really flat and dull. 

Also: Helmut, how long does it take for the issue to crop up?  I'm running Patria, Console Commands, LazyLib, ShaderLib and SS+ and am not getting any duplications so far.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2014, 10:05:02 AM »

The effect is immediate.

Here's "naked" SS:

Spoiler
[close]

And here's with Patria:

Spoiler
[close]

Also for some reason the Patrian mod really screw the sector's supply economy, which make the game very tricky considering that Patrian ships are quite expensive to maintain.

Without the mod:

Spoiler
[close]

With the mod, supplies never go under 100:

Spoiler
[close]

Here's their trade screen:

Spoiler
[close]

I don't know much about how the SS trade system work so i can't help you much on this one.

Edit: Another thing, the rep modification is also doubled for some reasons.

Spoiler
[close]

The advantage is that it's very helpful, grinding rep with Patrians is hard as they don't post bounties and have very few enemies coming to their system.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 10:11:42 AM by HELMUT »

jupjupy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2014, 11:11:13 AM »

I honestly always liked the contrast the vanilla weapon mounts gave.  Without them they looked really flat and dull. 

I'm not saying remove them, of course, just perhaps make a custom sprite for the mounts that fits more into the 'theme' of the ships. I'm no artist, but perhaps a dark grey, slightly shaded feel might be better?

That being said, I think the ship sprites themselves are a little flat. It might be the single color-or-so thing. Doesnt really highlight the nice details that many of your ship models have. The Danae, for example, just looks very... two-dimensional. I honestly think it'd look better in a sort of vertical-missile-launch mode, with little square pods for the missile launchers while the actual launcher sprite is fully hidden.
You see, Araragi-san, in a way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain.
Normally, you only need to see what's happening on stage. That's how reality works.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8