Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: [0.65.1a] The Patrian Principate Alpha v2.2 - The Patrian Navy  (Read 87103 times)

entropy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] The Patrian Principate V1 - The Patrian Navy
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2013, 01:41:57 PM »

This mod is awesome! Is there anyway I can use these guys in exerelin? Thanks!

NikolaiLev

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2013, 03:36:14 PM »

I'm not familiar with Exerelin.  But it requires some compatibility configuration on the modder's part.  I suppose I can attempt it, though you're the only one who's requested it so far.

Sproiet

• Ensign
  • My advice to you is keep being who you are
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2013, 05:32:25 PM »

Exerelin compatibility has always had a certain flair to it. It allows community made ships to be pitted against one another in a randomly generated Star Sector :P 
I think it would be a good way to put your faction out there and also allow you to see where your faction (if necessary) needs balancing.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2013, 05:32:58 PM »

If you have a skype, i can guide you through the process. Its a pretty simple process. Foxer360 is my skype name.

Garmine

• Lieutenant
  • We're The Borg. Every resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2013, 07:12:11 AM »

I'm not familiar with Exerelin.  But it requires some compatibility configuration on the modder's part.  I suppose I can attempt it, though you're the only one who's requested it so far.

I'd love to play your faction with Exerelin too. :)

(Unfortunately I'm not familiar with StarSector modding yet, so I can't help you with it :( )
I went outside one day, the graphics were amazing, but the gameplay sucked...
Prepare yourselves for miscapitalization errors! *evil laugh*

Runoved

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2013, 03:16:10 AM »

I join the suggestion to make compatibility with Exerelin. The more I was able to see thanks to Zaphide do this quite simply by following his instructions. The main thing do not forget to add the check whether Exerelin turned on or not in your ModPlugin. So I propose to complete the entourage of your faction to add her unique heavy cargo ship like Atlas and passenger ship like Valkyrie. And don't forget to add these new ships in the corresponding list in the ExerelinData.java in section "Valid ships for special fleets". Then your faction will have their own unique fleets to capture stations.

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2013, 04:40:17 PM »

Hi NikolaiLev,

The compatibility changes to your Mod for Exerelin is very straightforward. Edit your PatriaModPlugin.java file like so:
Code
private static void initPatria()
    {
        try
        {
            Global.getSettings().getScriptClassLoader().loadClass("data.scripts.world.ExerelinGen");
            //Exerelin loaded, so pass off to Exerelin generator
        }

catch (ClassNotFoundException ex)
        {
            new PatriaGen().generate(Global.getSector());
            // Exerelin not found so continue and run normal generation code
        }
    }

That will cause your mod to handover sector generation to Exerelin if Exerelin is loaded alongside your mod. If Exerelin is not loaded alongside your mod, your mod's generator scripts will run as normal.

You will also need to supply me with a .faction file that defines which ships you want in the various Exerelin-specific fleets. If you download the Exerelin mod, have a look at the .faction files I have setup for other factions. That should give you an idea of what is needed :)

NikolaiLev

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2013, 06:41:01 PM »

Goodness!  I knew the SS community was helpful, but you folks have practically done the work for me!   :-[

Unfortunately, I've been very busy as of late.  But if I manage to snag enough spare time to do more than just write a forum post, I'll try to get a compatibility patch up.

Lakis

• Lieutenant
  • I shall offend all of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2013, 02:19:16 PM »

There seems to be a problem with your heavy barrels hullmod.

I'm receiving an error code when using it in conjunction with the Latest Lazy-lib.
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8100.0 - Metelsons Faction Mod - Occasional contributor - mostly a cold dead planet.

Garmine

• Lieutenant
  • We're The Borg. Every resistance is futile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2014, 06:43:27 AM »

There seems to be a problem with your heavy barrels hullmod.

I'm receiving an error code when using it in conjunction with the Latest Lazy-lib.

I had a problem with it as well.

It was a miscapitalization issue: the mod looks for the file 'pat_heavybarrels.java' but it's called 'pat_HeavyBarrels.java'. This'll cause issues on some OSes (especially on Linux).

Viymese: just copy starsector/mods/Patria/data/hullmods/pat_HeavyBarrels.java to starsector/mods/Patria/data/hullmods/pat_heavybarrels.java. This should fix this issue. :)
I went outside one day, the graphics were amazing, but the gameplay sucked...
Prepare yourselves for miscapitalization errors! *evil laugh*

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2014, 11:08:27 PM »

i like this mod i really do...just a few problems...they are too weak. The armor on these ships is not as strong as it should be, as of now the lack of their own ship weapons hinders them, and they ALL have small amount of cargo space...in exerlin they cant even go anywhere without needing a pit stop which only the player can only do...and the worst of them all is the stealth fighter has a price typo...especially for a fighter division that only has 1 weapon and all the fighters feel the same...they dont feel or act unique....however i like the look and feel that these people give. They truly have potential and i hope to see them climb in fame :)

NikolaiLev

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2014, 06:09:52 AM »

i like this mod i really do...just a few problems...they are too weak. The armor on these ships is not as strong as it should be, as of now the lack of their own ship weapons hinders them, and they ALL have small amount of cargo space...in exerlin they cant even go anywhere without needing a pit stop which only the player can only do...and the worst of them all is the stealth fighter has a price typo...especially for a fighter division that only has 1 weapon and all the fighters feel the same...they dont feel or act unique....however i like the look and feel that these people give. They truly have potential and i hope to see them climb in fame :)

Thanks for the feedback!  The faction was meant to be relatively weak, and they have some strengths that would make it dangerous to go buffing them willy nilly.  But I'll see what I can do.  The small cargo space was deliberate as, lorewise, the faction is a planetary defense force, not a deep space force.  There will be a faction coming that is the polar opposite; until then I suggest relying on imported cargo ships.

Speaking of this mod, I apologize to everyone about how inactive I've been!  Real life stuff has gotten in the way of further progress, but I should be able to come back to it.  I'm largely waiting on any modding changes that will benefit me, especially relating to fighter behaviors so they can actually function as I want them to (that is; ability to disable their lateral thrusters entirely).

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2014, 07:49:42 AM »

I'm glad you're still around. For the fighters, you can still reduce their max turn rate (or turn acceleration? I never remember) to prevent them from strafing. Also you could take a look at the Shadowyard mod, their Neriad fighters use an Afterburner system that act like a burn drive, maybe that's what you need for your own fighters.

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2014, 07:48:41 AM »

Nah man, we all have a life and sometimes we got to put things aside to focus on it. Anyways while I doubt this is 6.2 compatible I hope to play this again in the future.
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2014, 05:38:48 PM »

hw will you make a faction like that...i mean in exerlin mod how would that work?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8