Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: [0.65.1a] The Patrian Principate Alpha v2.2 - The Patrian Navy  (Read 87296 times)

Wunder

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] The Patrian Principate V1 - The Patrian Navy
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 04:27:04 PM »

Space battleship yamato is not fan made,
its made by an Japanese anime company
I believe the name was
Bondai;
So, company and heart made, a million pictures of SB yamato, her wave motion cannon that can decimate a star
and her fleet to go with the war!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 02:17:43 AM by GGMC »

ArkAngel

• Captain
  • The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2013, 07:33:00 PM »

um is the groundhog class's harpoons supposed to shoot backwards in the logistics mission? I can't tell whether that's intentional.  :P
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2013, 08:50:30 PM »

I like the look of the capitals but I'm not entirely sure about the fighter craft.
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.

Wunder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2013, 02:24:24 AM »

I cannot be V1 if you cant download it can you  :P

ArkAngel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2013, 07:04:42 AM »

You can download it you just need to click the picture link.
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."

NikolaiLev

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2013, 05:18:58 PM »

um is the groundhog class's harpoons supposed to shoot backwards in the logistics mission? I can't tell whether that's intentional.  :P

Yes.  This is by design to prevent the Groundhog from being a ridiculously powerful assault craft (imagine how silly 4x annihilator pods would be) so it's really only good with LRMs or MRMs.

I like the look of the capitals but I'm not entirely sure about the fighter craft.

I've heard a couple complaints about the fighters.  I liked them being plain myself but I might have to adjust them if I get enough feedback.  Could you be more specific about what you dislike about them?

ArkAngel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2013, 07:04:05 PM »

I actually like the look of the fighters but some of them just seem... odd? I don't know there just weird shapes to see in space?

Also, I'm probably superly jumping the gun, but do you ever plan on making this campaign intergraded?

Thule

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2013, 07:30:49 PM »

Here's a quick edit of your sprite

I did not much, just a little detail and got rid of the pillowshading.

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2013, 07:59:50 PM »

I've heard a couple complaints about the fighters.  I liked them being plain myself but I might have to adjust them if I get enough feedback.  Could you be more specific about what you dislike about them?

When it comes to the GAC-47 Attack Craft, ASF-117 Stealth Bomber, SRC-71 Reconnaisance Craft, it's mostly that they feel out of place in the general aesthetic, as with the others I like them, but they do feel a little flat to me. Also with the Capitals, I feel you could blend the hardpoints into the hull a bit better, though if possible it would be nice to see what they look like fully armed.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 08:05:05 PM by Piemanlives »
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.

NikolaiLev

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2013, 09:04:43 PM »

I actually like the look of the fighters but some of them just seem... odd? I don't know there just weird shapes to see in space?

Also, I'm probably superly jumping the gun, but do you ever plan on making this campaign intergraded?

They are weird, in a way.  But they're aerospace fighters, which means they need that shape to operate in atmosphere.

Also, Patria is in there.  It should be campaign integrated, but if you don't see Patria, then something got borked.  I'll have a look.

Here's a quick edit of your sprite

I did not much, just a little detail and got rid of the pillowshading.

Daaaaaaaaamn!   :-[  You sure put me to shame.  I never did claim to be a good spriter (it's my weakness) but sheesh.  Seeing what you did helps me a lot, though!  Thank you.

When it comes to the GAC-47 Attack Craft, ASF-117 Stealth Bomber, SRC-71 Reconnaisance Craft, it's mostly that they feel out of place in the general aesthetic, as with the others I like them, but they do feel a little flat to me. Also with the Capitals, I feel you could blend the hardpoints into the hull a bit better, though if possible it would be nice to see what they look like fully armed.

Admittedly, I used a different approach with the latter two.  I loved how smooth they came out, but they don't look consistent with the mod or Starsector's general aesthetic (they're too smooth).  The GAC-47 might be a little big in general, but I feel that way about all the ships.

I think I'm going to make a fighter sprite overhaul at some point in the future, after I'm finished with the Patrian Astratia.  This will likely involve downsizing the fighters in general, and adding more detail (which will be harder when they're smaller, but I should be up to the challenge after some more study & practice).

Thank you all, again, for your feedback.  I hope I have the motivation and skill to live up to it!   :D

ArkAngel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2013, 04:37:53 PM »

I never even looked for patria, I just assumed it was mission only... man I feel bad now.  :-[

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2013, 05:39:11 PM »

Thule delivers :D

ArkAngel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2013, 11:30:02 AM »

I just realised the frigates subsystem actually lets you take over missiles. That is so awesome. I must ask though, why is the charger destroyer faster then the frigates? I also have fallen in love with the bastion carrier. That thing is awesome.

NikolaiLev

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2013, 11:43:45 PM »

I just realised the frigates subsystem actually lets you take over missiles. That is so awesome. I must ask though, why is the charger destroyer faster then the frigates? I also have fallen in love with the bastion carrier. That thing is awesome.

It shouldn't be.  I just looked and the Charger's at 80; the Kortenaer and Cloak are at 100 and the Valnad's at 150.  The Charger does, however, have Quantum Leap, but that doesn't add to speed much unlike phase skimmer.

But thank you for the feedback!  The missile targeting script was largely programmed by my mom, Mayflower (as credited in credits and the code itself), though it was my idea.  It also musses with enemy weapon and sensor ranges, ala Vayra's Hauberk Field AI (on which the Radar ECM Package was based).

This might seem like looking a gift horse in the mouth, But I feel it makes as much sense as, if not more than asking about why someone dislikes something.  What, specifically, makes you like the Bastion Carrier?

ArkAngel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2013, 06:04:47 AM »

For one thing the carrier practically has an absolute defence against and fightercraft. It looks really cool; while it costs a good amount of expensive supplies to maintain a carrier fleet, its really fun to manage bomber wings and fighters while in the back of the battle from a command ship. To be honest, you kind of have to prey on independent merchants to stay up and running for long though.

I also just realised the charger was only faster because of my crew level.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8