Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: [0.6.1a] Erick Doe's Modded Starsector (V3) - Easy to DL and Install! OUTDATED!  (Read 60053 times)

Isaew

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello there
Erick, thank you for that collection ) Its awesome
But I've got an issue -  my saves doesn't work.
I've downloaded from the first page of that thread, and activated all the modes at once.
I can start the game nice, in 1440 px resolution, and can do save, but when I'm trying to download the save, it gives me the error.
Please advice. thanks

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile

Christ almighty, this thread's bones have nearly turned to dust by time you commented.  The last comment was more than 3 years ago, and the thread title both mentions the version number and the fact that it's outdated.  Just leave it be. :)
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Isaew

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Christ almighty, this thread's bones have nearly turned to dust by time you commented.  The last comment was more than 3 years ago, and the thread title both mentions the version number and the fact that it's outdated.  Just leave it be. :)
Thanks =)))
But still. Its like I've found grandpa's old Mustang '62, and managed to start it. But the wheel stuck.  
I've downloaded it, and proper version of the game, and it started working good. I just need some advice on the save problem.

Spoiler
735375 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading E:\starfarer\Starsector\starsector-core\..\saves\save_mea_4500428511041222774...
761622 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Error loading
761622 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Java heap space
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
   at java.util.Arrays.copyOfRange(Arrays.java:3209)
   at java.lang.String.<init>(String.java:215)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.xni.XMLString.toString(XMLString.java:185)
   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLStreamReaderImpl.getText(XMLStreamReaderImpl.java:1034)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.StaxReader.pullText(StaxReader.java:84)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.AbstractPullReader.readRealEvent(AbstractPullReader.java:150)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.AbstractPullReader.readEvent(AbstractPullReader.java:135)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.AbstractPullReader.getValue(AbstractPullReader.java:180)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.ReaderWrapper.getValue(ReaderWrapper.java:48)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.E.unmarshal(Unknown Source)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:72)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:65)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:66)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unma rshallField(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:355)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.doUn marshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:306)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.AbstractReflectionConverter.unma rshal(AbstractReflectionConverter.java:234)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convert(TreeUnmarshaller.java:72)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.convert(AbstractReferenceUnmarshaller.java:65)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:66)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:50)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.AbstractCollectionConverter.rea dItem(AbstractCollectionConverter.java:71)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.addCurrentE lementToCollection(CollectionConverter.java:79)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.populateCol lection(CollectionConverter.java:72)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.populateCol lection(CollectionConverter.java:66)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter.unmarshal(CollectionConverter.java:61)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.TreeUnmarshaller.convertAnother(TreeUnmarshaller.java:50)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.AbstractCollectionConverter.rea dItem(AbstractCollectionConverter.java:71)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.putCurrentEntryInt oMap(MapConverter.java:89)
   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.MapConverter.populateMap(MapConverter.java:77)
[close]
Thanks
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 01:54:59 PM by Isaew »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile

It looks like a memory issue?

Seifer

• Ensign
    • View Profile

It looks like a memory issue?

Absolutely. Isaew, you should take a look at that thread http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8726, and that one too if needed http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=10931. Have fun  ;)

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile

Would be possible to have a updated version with stuff like SS+/Dynasector+Ship&Weapon pack+whateverelseSS+hasbeensplitinto on top of Nexerelin and some of the faction mods?
On the left half of the Bell curve

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Would be possible to have a updated version with stuff like SS+/Dynasector+Ship&Weapon pack+whateverelseSS+hasbeensplitinto on top of Nexerelin and some of the faction mods?

Yesss plzzz :)

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile

Yesss plzzz :)

I'm sure this is a great mod, so please don't get me wrong, but at the end of the day it's still a compilation.
Any updated version would obviously only include mods that we already have access to, so it wouldn't be that much of an improvement.

If Erick Doe did return to work on mods I'd much rather see him resurrect Tore Up Plenty to be honest.

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile

I'm sure this is a great mod, so please don't get me wrong, but at the end of the day it's still a compilation.
Any updated version would obviously only include mods that we already have access to, so it wouldn't be that much of an improvement.

If Erick Doe did return to work on mods I'd much rather see him resurrect Tore Up Plenty to be honest.

It could be a easy and convenient solution for more less experienced computer users or those who do not have much in terms of free time.
Instead of tracking down every single mod and library whenever they update one could simply install the pack and start a modded game.

The very best thing would be a mod repository of sort and a utility that allows to download every mod from there and handles all the required unzipping, installing and updating but that is far beyond the scope of a modpack.
On the left half of the Bell curve

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile

Instead of tracking down every single mod and library whenever they update one could simply install the pack and start a modded game.

We have Version Checker so that means you only need to track down every single mod once (takes 5 to 10 mins to install the the entire Modiverse with a decent internet connection). Then after that "long" process, Version Checker notifies you when mods need to be updated and it is never a "long" process again at least until Starsector itself updates.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile

We have Version Checker so that means you only need to track down every single mod once (takes 5 to 10 mins to install the the entire Modiverse with a decent internet connection). Then after that "long" process, Version Checker notifies you when mods need to be updated and it is never a "long" process again at least until Starsector itself updates.
Let's not forget that not everyone can or wants to run all the mods and downloading a mod pack would just be a waste of bandwidth, ESPECIALLY if you couldn't get them separate and one or more of the mods needed an update to fix a bug
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]