Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23

Author Topic: Starsector 0.6.2a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 214889 times)

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.6.2a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2013, 06:11:04 PM »

No idea what ship you're talking about :)

Ooh, I think he means the midline frig from the old ship overview image. I'm not the only one who noticed.

That was not pixelart though, just a sketch.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2013, 08:49:50 PM »

Heron-class cruiser (fast carrier)

The amount of love I have for this statement.
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2013, 09:12:47 AM »

The Hound-related Cerberus guesses are correct.
:O   DAY MADE, haha. Awesome.

@Alex, What will the small, previously unused midline frigate do?

No idea what ship you're talking about :)
Lies! I believe they mean the little tiny (supposedly destined for scouting duty perhaps) frigate.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2013, 09:47:49 AM »

Icepick is right, the one that valk has used in his mod as the Yousha gunship.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2013, 10:23:19 AM »

Ah, that one - it keeps coming up. I wouldn't assume it's going to be in the game (it might, it might not), as Gothars said, it was only a sketch. So, no comment!

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2013, 10:39:41 AM »

I HOPE it makes it in the game.  :)  But I do not assume it. It's a very small sprite for one thing, haha.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire

Grug

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2013, 07:51:07 PM »

>Astral flight decks increased to 6
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Bjørn_in_the_Sector

• Commander
  • Have a towel, just need a ship...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2013, 12:44:24 AM »

Welp, that means that I won't be assaulting any Tri-tach bases any time soon. :/ Pity, they were fun to fight.
Executive Creative Director of Naysmyth Armouries Mod (Very WIP)

zakastra

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2013, 02:53:04 AM »

The Astral, used for force projection. And if you mess with that astral projection, you'll have an out of body experience...
Oh DRM, bane of the carrier captain...

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2013, 10:02:25 AM »

astrals are a bit weak, they seem fancy and all but... not practical... maybe thats the point ;)

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2013, 10:09:48 AM »

The Astral is far from weak, you just haven't found its strength yet. =)

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2013, 08:01:45 PM »

Question, how is mod compatibility going to be affected, are modders going to have to work to make things compatible with the new game version like with the release of .6, or will it not matter.
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2013, 08:56:46 PM »

Question, how is mod compatibility going to be affected, are modders going to have to work to make things compatible with the new game version like with the release of .6, or will it not matter.

It shouldn't break any mods. Or savefiles, I *think*.

Unfolder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2013, 10:04:08 PM »

Hi Alex, question about Astral and carriers/fighters in general.

If you have an astral, with one wing in it (let's say talons), will that wing have approximately 60 spare fighter chassis? (10 for each fighter bay) And if so, will that affect CR loss? Cause as I understand it CR loss is flat for fighters, so you could end up in a situation where you have 10 talons killed, and 50 talons left, all spawning at 0% CR. If that's true, that seems strange, it almost seems like fighter CR loss should be fractionized over the number of bays, so that instead of losing 6% CR every time a fighter is destroyed, a wing only loses 1% because in effect six full fighter bays, the equivalent of a small starbase, is actively maintaining, reinforcing, repairing, readying a SINGLE wing with FIFTY spare chassis's lined up and ready to fly. Such enormous technical reserves would mean that the wing would be like tie-fighters, instantly replacing there losses and reentering the fight at minimal loss of efficiency.

Modest

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2013, 11:43:12 PM »

If you have an astral, with one wing in it (let's say talons), will that wing have approximately 60 spare fighter chassis? (10 for each fighter bay) And if so, will that affect CR loss? Cause as I understand it CR loss is flat for fighters, so you could end up in a situation where you have 10 talons killed, and 50 talons left, all spawning at 0% CR. If that's true, that seems strange, it almost seems like fighter CR loss should be fractionized over the number of bays, so that instead of losing 6% CR every time a fighter is destroyed, a wing only loses 1% because in effect six full fighter bays, the equivalent of a small starbase, is actively maintaining, reinforcing, repairing, readying a SINGLE wing with FIFTY spare chassis's lined up and ready to fly. Such enormous technical reserves would mean that the wing would be like tie-fighters, instantly replacing there losses and reentering the fight at minimal loss of efficiency.

I am not Alex, but I think I can answer Your post :) You see, number of chasis aviliable is determined by amount of CR that fighter wing have. They run to 0%CR in the same moment that they loose last chasis. In other words, Talon wing (or any other) will never get 60 spare fighter chassis because that would exceded CR limit potential. Also as far as I know, there are plans to make fighter/bomber wings unaffected by CR in any other way than number of aviliable chassis.

Of course I may be wrong, or not know something - in that case feel free to correct me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23