Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: [0.7.2a] ORI faction v0.3.8b (PhaseFix) Nexerelin compatible  (Read 73683 times)

Runoved

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] ORI faction v0.3.2 Exerelin compatible
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2016, 08:38:24 AM »

Once again, we have another minor update:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/odgv8u3hvrkpen5/ORI_v_0_3_2.zip?dl=0

This time the main changes were in the economics of the Singula star system. I tried to make it more interesting and varied. To do this, we created several new market conditions. Also, I have tried to solve the problem of shortage of supplies and greatly inflated prices. To increase the intensity of the economic life of the system introduced two new space stations, one for each faction.
It has also been added to several small ships. Small strike frigate Tipster, phase semi civilian shuttle Frogger and it's simplified combat modification Froggster as RORI variant.
Well, as usual, and several different minor changes and improvements.

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2016, 04:37:50 PM »

It's a shame this mod is so overlooked, so I'll throw in some of my thoughts.

First off, this mod is definitely not balanced versus vanilla, and that's totally okay; though it may scare people away.

There are a lot of ships here, and while their support ships have somewhat dubious quirks, their combat ships are death machines. Some of their combat freighters can rival other faction warships, and their warships are armed similar to a ship class one level above them.

So, if you want a challenge, but aren't ready to face Templars just yet, this is a good mod to use. If you want a faction that gives you a leg up over the others, this is a great mod to use. If you're looking to build a balanced game, you may want to look somewhere else. If you're a stickler to in-game lore, well... I had my aft handed to me by Hello Kitty and a rainbow.

If I had a complaint, it would be that there aren't many variants for the ships, so you'll be fighting the same configuration over and over again. SS+ changes that though.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 04:41:21 PM by Blaze »

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2016, 11:01:53 PM »

Rather than overlooked, I would call it "special". If it did not have a lore, I would think this was just a simple parody mod. I am pretty sure the Hello Kitty Cruiser is giving it that mood o a parody. It would be weird to see  such a mod to be too balanced though.. while there is a hello kitty ship XD The eye fighters for some reason bring to mind Samurai Zombie Nation XD

But there are many hard factions out there that feel kind of OP. Two that come to mind is Red - Oculian Berserkers and AI War. Although I am still on 0.65.2a. I do though now want to fly around the current galaxy, find some ORI and battle them >> I wonder indeed how good they are XD
Ignorance is bliss..

Runoved

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2016, 02:36:31 AM »

Many thanks to you for your feedback.
Really, I must admit that balance in my mode to put it mildly is not perfect. When I started to develop it I tried to make so that the characteristics of the ships were similar to
characteristics of the ships of popular at that time mods like Neutrino Corp,  Blackrock Drive Yards, Hiigaran Descendants and so on. I did not want make its ships too weak, otherwise the player would not make sense to acquire them. But now the balance of the game has undergone many changes since that time and it seems to me the time has come once again to take up the Ship BalanceSuite and the Codex.
As for the diversity of variants for the ships here I absolutely agree, this is my omission. I will try to fix it in the next update.
Regarding lore. Unfortunately my knowledge of literature English leaves much to be desired (I think it shows in my records). And all of my attempts to write a voluminous text describing the history of faction and justification of strange designs of ships and vehicles leads to the fact that it turns the text unreadable.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2016, 02:46:38 AM »

I actually like it that you added some lore. There are some other mods with fancy ships that look all awesome and they lack lore. It makes them feel more apersonal and I never look at them and think "these are the people behind them". I wish there was some lore in all the factions sometimes, just so I can picture them better.
Ignorance is bliss..

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2016, 01:58:07 PM »

Definitely needs a balance pass lol....I put them in with my last game and the game before that, and even the rebel ORI fleets of frigates were destroying ALL of my destroyers and 2 cruisers without taking a single casualty.

SS+ and Exerelin installed.

Love the mod, but sadly had to take them out:(  One Boss faction is enough in the game[Templar]:).

Runoved

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] ORI faction v0.3.5 Exerelin compatible
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2016, 02:54:48 AM »

This update has two main themes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/70z3lt4sga5he7d/ORI_v_0_3_5.zip?dl=0

First significant changes underwent balance.
Many characteristics of the ships were brought into line with similar ships of the original game. For example at the request of the players  some frigates have been significantly weakened. As well RORI fraction received the D versions of some ships. Two ships (Iris and Tester) have been moved up a class. In place of Iris in the category of destroyers was added Candor which is more in line with this role. Also added another iris Viator cruiser, more suited for single campaigns option of original Iris.

The second part of the update was the expansion of lore of faction. Here were elaborated not only descriptions of ships and items. But added large text in the first message of the topic, look for it under the spoiler. I apologize in advance for the  curve language. I largely had to use machine translation.
Thank you in advance for your attention.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2016, 05:06:20 PM »

"Google Translate" works well for most things.

thank you for the update, will try them out now!

Blaze

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2016, 08:52:40 AM »

Alright, will definitely be giving it a try when I get home.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2016, 02:24:56 PM »

New version gives the following error

296714 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.world.ORIModPlugin]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.world.ORIModPlugin]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: data.scripts.world.ORIModPlugin
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:179)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   ... 2 more

Runoved

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2016, 11:18:46 AM »

Thank you, Grinningsphinx,  for your feedback.

Please tell more details of the error occurred, so I could reproduce it.

What operating system do you use?

What else mods do you set, especially considering global?

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2016, 02:47:06 PM »

Thank you, Grinningsphinx,  for your feedback.

Please tell more details of the error occurred, so I could reproduce it.

What operating system do you use?

What else mods do you set, especially considering global?

windows 7 64 bit.    I use only the faction mods that are compatible with SS+ and Nexelerin   + Extra System

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2016, 06:09:35 PM »

are you aware that the Tester class battleship has a base speed of 90????

The description says its slow, even compared to other battleships.

Your cruiser has 300OP, speed 125 and 7 large energy mounts PLUS 7 small energy..

The Kitty Cruiser doesnt fit your theme or the base game.

Yeah, this mod needs a real balance pass lol;)>
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 06:17:55 PM by grinningsphinx »

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2016, 08:24:15 AM »

He knows, and is probably working on it.  :)

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2016, 01:55:30 PM »

I was thinking after i posted last that hey, if you want to keep ORI as a "boss" faction kinda like Knights templar, then the current values are only a little off.

I see it like this,  KT>ORI>ORI rebels.   You would start trying to farm ORI rebels ships and gear, then move to ORI, then try to tackle KT.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5