Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: [0.7.2a] ORI faction v0.3.8b (PhaseFix) Nexerelin compatible  (Read 73461 times)

Runoved

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] ORI faction v0.1.3 Exerelin compatible (WIP)
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2013, 11:02:24 PM »

Now, thanks to the efforts of Zaphide all already integrated in the latest version of Exerelin. My fault for not indicated in main message. Now I'll make it right.

Runoved

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] ORI faction v0.1.3 Exerelin compatible (WIP)
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2013, 09:20:56 AM »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/11h9mwglfm1betn/ORI_v_0_1_4.zip
Another version is ready. Managed to more or less balance ships by the Codex 20. Some characteristics had to seriously change. Added a new ship system, while in test mode.
Added three new frigates, one of which is specially tuned for boarding operations. Also added a new wing of phase fighters.
Finally managed to get a fine display of ships in the subject. It now remains to draw a good logo.
If using Exerelin v0.623 not forget to add new ships to ORI fractions file in "exerelinGenericFleet".
As always your feedback are welcome.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 09:25:01 AM by Runoved »

Runoved

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] ORI faction v0.1.4 Exerelin compatible (WIP)
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2013, 12:41:42 AM »

Leduspick37,thanks!
Actually make your mod is not as difficult as it may seem at first glance.
For starters, if you want to add your new faction for example, need to learn how to build ships. At the forum you can find many good guides how to draw your ship depending on what you do best is obtained, draw or build 3d models. And insert your ship in the game will help you Trylobot's ship editor.
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=375.0
This is a wonderful thing to create a file of the ship, set all its features and create variants of his equipment.
I advise you to start to create something small, to make it easier to learn the basics and have mastered them to start something grand.
How to arrange the files in your mod better look at the example of the existing or the main game.
Now you need to insert a ship in the game. If done correctly while he will only appear in the Codex.
The easiest way if you dig into complicated scripts or laziness, the easiest way, in my opinion, to use Exerelin mod.
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6053.0
It makes it very easy to integrate new ships and factions in the game.
To insert it in his first ship, you can simply follow the instructions in his theme to insert it as a start ship for one of the factions and start a new game for this faction immediately see your ship in action.
The same a new faction, is enough to create a faction file for example existing, insert there all needed to run in Exerelin fleets, carry out all instructions on installing a new faction in the subject Exerelin and launching new game with Exerelin can choose your faction and play for her.
If you want to add a faction in original campaign, so that, for example, the new ships can be bought at the new station will have understand with scripts that create a station in the game world. Here again, it is best to start from the basics to borrow an example.
Borrow from any mod where new stations are, for example from my, files from the data \ scripts \ world, see how it all arranged and changed coordinates of created stations. And of course there write at appliances to replace your faction and ships in the list for sale on your own.
To your  fraction combined good with already existing do not forget to balance it with Codex 20 or Ship BalanceSuite 5000.
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=2382.msg31058#msg31058
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=2749.0
Something like this, in this case the main thing to start.
If you have questions - ask. I am glad to answer what I can.

Idegen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.1a] ORI faction v0.1.0 (WIP)
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2014, 12:49:43 PM »

Had a mini heart attack when I thought this was a Stargate mod.

Aside form that disappointment, looks good :3

This is a stargate mod! Most big ships have a pretty powerful beam weapon, that looks just like the original

Lord Sputnik

• Commander
  • "One Of Ours, Sir!" = Best ship name ever...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2014, 04:06:05 AM »

Has several interesting ships in it!  I do love the huge cathedral ship, but the fighters need to be seriously nerfed.

0.2 damage ratio with 800 flux capacity means they can each take 4000 points of flux damage for the Drops and they seem to have better armor than most frigates.

The Wall Bomber wing has a ridiculous amount of shield and armor capacity as well, more than most frigates and some destroyers it seems, may want to tone that down.

The Eyed and Whirly seem balanced enough though.

I think the Shtur could use a bit more flux capacity since 4 ACs can't be fired at the same time with only 350 flux

The CP rates per fighter need to be tweaked a little bit.  5% is fine for the smaller fighters, but the bombers should be considered being upped to 8 or 10% per.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 04:21:16 AM by ZeroGman »
ZeroGman

Self-proclaimed lord of Eos, lord of Magec, and lord of the dance.

Lord Sputnik

• Commander
  • "One Of Ours, Sir!" = Best ship name ever...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2014, 04:22:27 AM »

Also, would you mind if I went through and fixed all of your descriptions?
ZeroGman

Self-proclaimed lord of Eos, lord of Magec, and lord of the dance.

Runoved

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] ORI faction v0.2 Exerelin compatible (WIP)
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2014, 09:01:16 AM »

After a long break again the new version of my unpretentious mod:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qpgyfquy0wzinr3/ORI_v_0_2.zip?dl=0

After much efforts still managed to move my mod to a new version of the game. For which many thanks to Kazi, his help is invaluable.
In this version, presented a draft version of a new star system Singula. By the way, thanks for the background to Tartiflette.  I tried to make the new system a variety of filling. The economy of the new system requires adjustment, therefore I ask for your feedback. Fortunately or not markets located and their properties? Was not whether the new system is overloaded by factions?
In the next update I will try to adjust ships of factions  to the new economy.
I welcome your feedback and thank you for your attention.

Runoved

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.1a] ORI faction v0.2.1 Exerelin compatible
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2014, 03:57:17 AM »

Again, a minor update.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8pbvb4c8au9lqfy/ORI_v_0_2_1.zip?dl=0

With development of the game economy has increased role of transport ships. Therefore I decided to add more ships of these class. And I am very glad that HELMUT allowed me to use his sprites for these ships. Many thanks to him for that. This update adds two freighters and four combat freighters. I tried to make them more diverse in characteristics. For example, the green series has a good armor, but low maneuverability. While on the contrary, the yellow series of combat freighters has good speed and damage but poor protection. Hopefully this will allow merchants to collect caravan able to defend themselves on their taste.
Also  this update added unusual torpedo bomber. In fact, it is a pair of connected  Eyed interceptors, one of which is the carrier, and the other turned into a big homing torpedo.
Also in this update, I tried to improve a little quality of ships sprites.
As always I welcome your feedback and suggestions.

DinoZavarski

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2015, 01:46:02 AM »

Hello,

Until today i was never able to start new game when your mod is enabled.

This is how it crashes after all questions answered (0.2.1 with SS 0.65.2a):

----------------------
561622 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NullPointerException java.lang.NullPointerException
        at data.scripts.world.ORIGen.initFactionRelationships(ORIGen.java:34)
        at data.scripts.world.ORIGen.generate(ORIGen.java:14)
        at data.scripts.world.ORIModPlugin.initORI(ORIModPlugin.java:23)
        at data.scripts.world.ORIModPlugin.onNewGame(ORIModPlugin.java:32)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.title.B.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oO0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.dismiss(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.O0oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.dismiss(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.J.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OOO0.o00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.null.processInput(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.super(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.B.null.class$super(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.super.oOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
----------------------

It is similar with 0.1.5 and SS 0.6.2 :

----------------------
56981 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - java.lang.NullPointerExceptionjava.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignOrbitalStation.readResolve(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignOrbitalStation.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.addOrbitalStation(Unknown Source)
        at data.scripts.world.ORISectorGen.generate(ORISectorGen.java:25)
        at data.scripts.world.ORIModPlugin.initORI(ORIModPlugin.java:20)
        at data.scripts.world.ORIModPlugin.onNewGame(ORIModPlugin.java:29)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.title.B.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.float.dismiss(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.oooO.dismiss(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.null.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.privatesuper.super(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.F.processInput(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.T.o00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.B.super.float$super(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.A.oOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
----------------------

Tested with both SS provided Java and with the 64bit openjdk7 in Debian wheezy.

I play on Linux, sot his may be file name case related problem.
Me no know, me no understand, me just root...

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2015, 03:44:28 PM »

This mod hasn't been updated for over a year, so yes, it's going to crash.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Runoved

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2015, 08:40:36 AM »

This mod hasn't been updated for over a year, so yes, it's going to crash.
It is not exactly true. Just checked with the latest version of the game on windows - it works. Unfortunately I was not able to reproduce the error on Linux, since I do not have Linux. Perhaps some of the characteristics of game objects in this mod do not meet the balance of the final version of the game. But mod does not have to crash. Now I examine possible causes of this problem.
By the way, I will be glad if someone of the Linux users will tell in which direction to look.

DinoZavarski

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2015, 11:27:43 AM »

According to my experience 99.(9)% of of the problems that appear only in Linux come from incorrect character case in filenames. This is to be expected, as most mod developers use Windows, an OS that not only is case insensitive, but also has file name case randomization "functionality" in many of it's API's.

In this case the "(Unknown Source)" lines show that the problem is quite likely to be related to case mishmash between function name, as written in one of the sources and it's actual name on disk (at least i managed to trace it to such problem few times). Unfortunately i am no Java programmer and and failed to find the exact error in this case.
Me no know, me no understand, me just root...

Runoved

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7a] ORI faction v03 Exerelin compatible
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2015, 08:24:04 AM »

After a long long break once again the new version of my unpretentious mod:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7uax6i6jrfhmz8/ORI_v_0_3.zip?dl=0

Mod given in accordance with the requirements of new 0.7a version of the game. Economics and other parameters certainly require more adjustment. That would be difficult to do it without your feedback.
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ryu116

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7a] ORI faction v0.3 Exerelin compatible
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2015, 09:43:18 AM »

I enjoy playing with your mod ORB for starsector, so I am wondering if there is any plans for updating ORI for starsector 0.7.1a?

Runoved

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] ORI faction v0.3.1 Exerelin compatible
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2015, 11:23:24 AM »

And here's another update of my mod:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4oylsz17dqo7bti/ORI_v_0_3_1.zip?dl=0

In addition compatibility with the latest version of the game added a new ship. I've been wanting to make a small fleet support ship. Its defense is much better than its armament, but it can not only repair ships after battle, but also to repair fighters during the battle. I hope it will prove useful in the composition of your fleet. Also in this update slightly changed the economy of star system to make it more profitable for the merchant players. And slightly modified some of the old sprites.
As usual, I expect your comments. Special thanks to Ryu116 for the positive feedback. t's always nice to hear that someone likes what you did.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5