Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ship hull [heron] variant [heron_Standard]: slot id [WS 001] not found for weapo  (Read 6879 times)

slyn4ice

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Code
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull [heron] variant [heron_Standard]: slot id [WS 001] not found for weapon [lrpdlaser]
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.oo0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.instantiateForCombat(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.new(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.deploy(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.DeploymentManager.??0000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.BaseBattleStrategy.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.AdmiralAI.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.G.???000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.A.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.O0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Hey guys, a bit new here so let me know if I'm posting in the right section.
Just installed 0.6.2a. Mods installed:
Exerelin
Bushi
Hiigaran
Junkpirates
Lazylib
Omnifactory
UomozSector
Valkirians

This crash happens immediately after I destroy a Sindrian (I think) battlecruiser (I think).
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: Forgot to mention a 64 bit JRE.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 12:08:30 AM by slyn4ice »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Hi - yep, you're in the right place. Thank you for posting the stack trace, that's really helpful for figuring out what's going on.

Looking at it, what I think happens is:
1) You destroyed a ship
2) The enemy decided to deploy reinforcements
3) The game crashed trying to spawn one of the ships

The ship in question is a Heron-class, and the error basically indicates that the loadout of the ship is configured incorrectly - it's trying to put a weapon (long range PD laser, in this case) into a weapon slot that it can't find.

But, I just double checked and this is configured correctly in vanilla, and the ship gets spawned properly. I think one of the mods may have done something that's causing the problem (such as, say, editing the ship definition), but I can't say which one.

(Also, looking at the mod list: I'm pretty sure Exerelin and Uomoz's Sector are incompatible; it'd be good to know which mods you actually had enabled at the time of the crash, rather than installed.)

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile

Exerelin and Uomoz aren't compatible, indeed.  The crash report may have been caused by either; I'm not sure if Exerelin borrowed the coding technique I outlined for grabbing "_Standard" variants or not :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile

I found the issue: valkirians have a ship with hull id heron, exactly the same id as the vanilla carrier.

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile

Known issue, which will be fixed once i update, i added prefixes in this last one. ;D

slyn4ice

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey guys, thanks a lot for the replies! Actually I thought I had both Exerelin and Uomoz enabled (if that's even possible) but when i fired up the game just now it was just Exerelin. Anyways, it looks like I just need to wait for a mod update (absolutely love the Valkirians). I'll just avoid engaging them till then, which won't be hard since my faction decided to go to war with everyone from day one :)

Thanks again and let me know if you need any other specific info from me (log files whatnot).

Cheers