Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Update Pending..  (Read 14413 times)

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: The Altari (Still W.I.P)
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2013, 12:44:56 AM »

The file that spawns the planets typically also sets up the SHIP SPAWN POINTS.

The behaviour of these spawn points is held separately in a file describing each of the spawn points.

Looking at the files in front of me:

PackSectorGen.java

Contains a few lines in here which spawn points are initialised, and also typically will send out a few starting fleets based on that spawn point.

PackSpawnPoint.java
PackConvoySpawnPoint.java
CanisHegemonyPatrolSpawnPoint.java
CanisTTPatrolSpawnPoint.java

Each of these spawn points then is set up differently, and that determines what type of fleet spawns (a set chance for each fleet) when the spawn point 'activates'. Activation frequency, and maximum number of fleets at one time, is set up in the initialisation process for each spawn point.

The types of fleets that can be called are determined within the particular faction file.

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 12:32:11 PM »

I think you posted the same file twice?

Regardless, your spawnpoint looks OK :)

To get <stuff> into the campaign you will need:
 - A mod_info.json file that references your ModPlugin
 - A ModPlugin that calls any of your generators (e.g. SyndicateAspModPlugin.java)
 - A generator file to add anything (systems, spawnpoints etc) to the campaign (e.g. ASPSectorGen.java)
 - Any object files you are wishing to add to the campaign (e.g. ASPSpawnPoint.java or your AltariSpawnPoint.java)

If you can re-post your SystemMaker.java file (which I assume is your generator file) that would be helpful :)

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 01:28:03 AM »

Okay well this line won't work (SystemMaker.java):
Code
AltariSpawnPoint AltariSpawn = new AltariSpawnPoint(sector, system, 5, 5, Ascension);

The last parameter is the 'anchor' (usually the place things spawn from) and seeing as you are not declaring an object Ascension anywhere (at least that I could see) it will not work. I suspect it should be 'planet'?

You will also need a mod_info.json file in the root directory of your mod, and it will need a line like:
Code
"modPlugin":"data.scripts.SSGModPlugin",

This will call your modPlugin.onNewGame() method (I think it also incorrectly triggers onEnabled too which can result in double everything).

Hopefully that helps somewhat :)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2013, 05:42:26 AM »

This will call your modPlugin.onNewGame() method (I think it also incorrectly triggers onEnabled too which can result in double everything).

Hopefully that helps somewhat :)

As set up it will call onEnabled only once - that was a bug that got fixed for this version. I like onEnabled better than onNewGame so that mods can be added later :).

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2013, 11:55:38 PM »

ok I replaced that bit to
AltariSpawnPoint AltariSpawn = new AltariSpawnPoint(sector, system, 5, 5, Planet);
Because I want the fleets to spawn at "Altari Prime".

keep in mind my faction file is labled and assigned altari.faction with "altari" being lower cased....while AltariSpawnPoint.java is capitalized. not sure if this has anything to do with the errors.

I get this:

Spoiler
15189 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.SSGModPlugin]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error compiling [data.scripts.SSGModPlugin]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Parsing compilation unit "com.fs.starfarer.loading.A$1@523df"
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceIClassLoader.findIClass(JavaSourceIClassLoader.java:180)
   at org.codehaus.janino.IClassLoader.loadIClass(IClassLoader.java:158)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:199)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:164)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
   ... 2 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: Source file "data/scripts/SSGModPlugin.java" does not declare class "data.scripts.SSGModPlugin"
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceIClassLoader.findIClass(JavaSourceIClassLoader.java:165)
   ... 7 more
[close]

To fix that error you will need to change the first line in SSGModPlugin.java:
Code
package data.scripts.world;
to
Code
package data.scripts;
as it seems like your SSGModPlugin.java is in data/scripts rather than in data/scripts/world.

Note your 'Planet' (line you changed in SystemMaker.java) should be 'planet' as that is your variable name as defined above that.

altari.faction and AltariSpawnPoint.java is fine for those files :)

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 01:43:34 AM »

Hi etherealblade,

Well I think that would be a shame if you didn't continue with the mod :( Really liking the sprites and you've put a lot of work into it so far.

Regardless, here is a version I have slightly modified to get it working:
https://bitbucket.org/Zaphide/exerelin/downloads/Altari.zip

You had a few compile errors in your scripts. I also renamed them and moved one so they are more like the approach taken by most other modders (should make comparing to other mods a little easier if you want to copy things).

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2013, 02:00:52 AM »

That's OK :)

I work as a software developer (although not with Java and less as an actual coder more recently) so I probably have a slight head start on you there :P and believe me, the frustration of taking the first few steps is by far the worst. Once you get up and going you'll start to get more of a feel of how things hang together, which makes it easier for the next thing etc etc etc.

Anyway, happy to help!

dmaiski

• Captain
  • resistance is futile
    • View Profile
Re: The Altari (.50 version release)
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2013, 04:26:17 AM »

umm i thinky you fubbed the ship_stats.csv file...
explorer has 250 OP
scout has 150 OP
battle rig has 550 OP
defiant has 350 op

and all their relative stats are way too high for vanilla other then that its actualy quite alot of fun to play around with them
BISO
(WIP) lots of shiny new weapons ( :-[ i have more weapons then sprites :-[ )

i got a cat pad
its like a mouse pad but better!

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2013, 05:08:39 AM »

what are these names? class? 550 OP is a super capital number, 250 is about the same as big cruisers/BCs and 350 are battleships/BCs

dmaiski

• Captain
  • resistance is futile
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2013, 09:05:20 AM »

explorer frigate has 250 OP
scout has frigate 150 OP
battle rig capital has 550 OP
defiant destroyer has 350 op
BISO
(WIP) lots of shiny new weapons ( :-[ i have more weapons then sprites :-[ )

i got a cat pad
its like a mouse pad but better!

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2013, 09:46:18 AM »

a frigate?...with 250 OP? I think you have a 0 to much there, there ain't no vanilla tag being applied to this anytime soon if the stats are along those lines. :-\

then again, he might not be going for vanilla balance, since there is no tag, so i guess its good in that respect. ::)

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2013, 05:27:01 PM »

Definitly not balanced right now. Altari is massively overpowered for the moment. Also no stations available in their star system.

I was still able to toy around with them using dev-mode. I tried the anomaly ship, broken as hell, but fun. The animation for the main beam of the monster may need some work (the big red glowy thing around it looks weird).

Still, the weapons sound pretty fun to use and i hope they'll be balanced as well. Also, to those who read this, at least try this mod just for the black hole gun, it's hilarious.

haloguy1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Update Pending..
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2013, 05:41:06 PM »

When will the next update me i must have an easy'er way to obtain these ships of power.

Got one it is sooo OVER POWERED and soo i did some tweeking and now the missiles only have 10 in them not 30 now that is alot for a missile launcher.
Pages: 1 [2]