Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can someone explain to me how fleet points changed exactly?  (Read 5616 times)

joey4track

• Commander
    • View Profile
Can someone explain to me how fleet points changed exactly?
« on: September 22, 2013, 09:59:41 AM »

I know that now what used to be fleet points has become some kind of amalgam of different stats that represent the size and needs of your fleet but I'm having a hard time gauging my skill level to how big my fleet is(or is supposed to be)

Not sure if I am making sense but basically I want to know how different ships will affect your fleet points or whatever. I am confused about the fleet points etc.. all work after the update ???

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Can someone explain to me how fleet points changed exactly?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 10:10:36 AM »

Basically, fleet points have been divided into deployment points (tactical) and supply usage (strategic).

Deployment points (DP) are basically identical to the old FP in combat, they limit how many ships you can have on the field at once. The only notable difference is that the amount of DP you have is defined entirely by a slider in the options menu; you don't get it for capturing objectives any more.

Supply usage limits how many ships you can have in your fleet. The ship's supplies/day value given in the codex counts against your logistics rating (LR) (the blue bar in the lower left corner of the screen); however the ship itself only consumes 1/10th this value when at full Combat Readiness (CR). If your logistics usage (from ships, crew, marines and repair) goes over your LR, you experience a penalty to max CR.

joey4track

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 10:17:04 AM »

Ah, ok. That makes sense. So now capturing objectives is only good for giving you command points? And how possible is it to get your max CR to 100% because mine is never more that 65 usually?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 10:26:17 AM »

So now capturing objectives is only good for giving you command points?
Nav bouys still give their speed/maneuverability bonus, and sensor arrays give +10% damage (in place of their old +25% range, which is still confusingly what is listed in the popup). AFAIK Comm relays now only give command points, yeah.

And how possible is it to get your max CR to 100% because mine is never more that 65 usually?
Elite crew (+30% max) plus level 10 Combat aptitude (+20% max to flagship)

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 10:30:06 AM »

Ah, ok. That makes sense. So now capturing objectives is only good for giving you command points? And how possible is it to get your max CR to 100% because mine is never more that 65 usually?
Objectives are for CP, or damage boost, or speed boost.
In 0.6.1 the speed boost will be lowered but will apply to all classes and will make you ignore nebula's effects on speed.

For ships not controlled by the player the max is 80%, with an elite crew.

If the player ship has an elite crew and you have the Combat Aptitude at 10 the max is 100%. 2% per aptitude level, as well as a decrease to the CR per deployement.

CR controls all the stuff that used to be controlled directly by crew earlier - manoeuvrability (speed, acceleration and turning bonus), damage taken, rate of fire and autofire accuracy. If the ship is above 50% CR it'll get a bonus there, otherwise a penalty. If you're below 50% CR there is a proportionate chance of engine/weapon malfunctions, and missiles will not be fully loaded with ammo.

I'll let you work out the implications on the performance of a ship with a large per-deployement CR hit, right after a battle in which is has taken hull damage (this also decreases CR).
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 10:34:13 AM »

A minor correction to Histidine's explanation: Repair does not count against your logistics capability, it only takes up the LC that is left after the other factors are accounted for. It thus can't decrease your LR.
This should really be more apparent in the UI.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 10:41:17 AM by Gothars »
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

joey4track

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 10:35:27 AM »

All good things to know, thanks a lot!  ;D

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2013, 10:46:52 AM »

What's the math for the logistical rating?

Like how many supplies/day is it to a single point of logistics? That's basically what it is, a supplies/day limit and pushing that limit causes the maximum CR of your ships to drop.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2013, 11:03:36 AM »

What's the math for the logistical rating?

Like how many supplies/day is it to a single point of logistics? That's basically what it is, a supplies/day limit and pushing that limit causes the maximum CR of your ships to drop.

One supply/day (by crew, marines, ship maintenance or being over capacity in anything) is one point logistic capability (the blue bar). Your LR is inversely proportional to the percentage you go over your LC.
So: As soon as you start going over your LC, your LR starts to drop. Going 25% over LC means 75% LR, going 50% over LC means 50% LR and so on. When you have doubled your LC, LR hits 0%.

joey4track

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 03:59:25 PM »

It really is a neat little system and I think it works well.

MasterGlink

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 04:29:11 PM »

Nav bouys still give their speed/maneuverability bonus, and sensor arrays give +10% damage (in place of their old +25% range, which is still confusingly what is listed in the popup). AFAIK Comm relays now only give command points, yeah.

And how possible is it to get your max CR to 100% because mine is never more that 65 usually?

Are you sure it's +10% damage from Sensor Arrays? I'm pretty sure I see my range increase when I capture one.

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 06:41:05 PM »

range increase is what it was in .54a. It's now damage increase, but he forgot to change the text in game. It'll be fixed for .6.1a
Are you sure it's +10% damage from Sensor Arrays? I'm pretty sure I see my range increase when I capture one.

Borgoid

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 11:24:07 PM »

A quick note about the Supplies/Day stat and its interactions with LR:

To the best of my knowledge the listed Supplies/day is what counts towards LR, NOT the modified (10%) cost of a ship at max CR.
So your LR will never fluctuate based on your ships recovering CR.

This has some.. strange implications and limitations when it comes to ship design but that's another subject entirely.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2013, 07:02:53 AM »

A quick note about the Supplies/Day stat and its interactions with LR:

To the best of my knowledge the listed Supplies/day is what counts towards LR, NOT the modified (10%) cost of a ship at max CR.
So your LR will never fluctuate based on your ships recovering CR.

This has some.. strange implications and limitations when it comes to ship design but that's another subject entirely.

A direct translation of the momentary drain into LC points would mean that you can support ~200 ships before a combat, and suddenly only ~20 after it. Which would result in far more headaches and rage fits among players that the current implementation.