Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Starsector 0.6.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 158475 times)

Hyph_K31

• Admiral
  • O' Hear My Name and Tremble! Ug Ug.
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.6.1a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #210 on: October 14, 2013, 12:20:14 PM »

You know what's coming.

Spoiler
SoonTM
[close]

"GEDUNE, stop venting in front of your classmates!"

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 14, 2013, 12:33:50 PM »

Any word on 0.62a yet?

Well, let's see. The good thing is the CR tweaks are pretty much settled, though not quite done yet. Was thinking about writing a blog post about that once it's wrapped up and I've had a chance to playtest a little. Beyond that, there are quite a lot of little things to knock out. So I wouldn't count on it coming out super soon.

Magician

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 14, 2013, 01:03:23 PM »

The good thing is the CR tweaks are pretty much settled
Glad to hear that. Though I always was against whole CR/high repair cost thing, I still enjoyed last two updates very much. It turned out that if I play new update as a whole new game, CR isn't that bad and I can enjoy game even with new unusual mechanics. And it doesn't matter what and how exactly I do in game, if its fun.
But because now I am on good terms with what CR done to my game experience, I was a little afraid that I will lose this newfound friend with next updates. Because it seems that people still find CR and supplies cost confusing and hard to adapt to, though its really not that big of a deal.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 14, 2013, 01:13:34 PM »

Glad to hear that. Though I always was against whole CR/high repair cost thing, I still enjoyed last two updates very much. It turned out that if I play new update as a whole new game, CR isn't that bad and I can enjoy game even with new unusual mechanics. And it doesn't matter what and how exactly I do in game, if its fun.

Thanks! Happy to hear you say that :)

I think that touches on a really interesting point, too - future updates are bound to upset the status quo even more, as combat gradually stops being the only thing you can do and other playstyles open up.

But because now I am on good terms with what CR done to my game experience, I was a little afraid that I will lose this newfound friend with next updates. Because it seems that people still find CR and supplies cost confusing and hard to adapt to, though its really not that big of a deal.

I don't think the changes are drastic. Looking forward to writing that blog post, but have to get it wrapped up first and make sure everything actually works out as expected.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 15, 2013, 02:54:38 PM »

I wouldn't count on it coming out super soon.
NP; I can't really work on my mod atm, either, so it's a bit of a wash either way; it'd be nice to be able to play it without crashes though :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 15, 2013, 03:25:53 PM »

I wouldn't count on it coming out super soon.
NP; I can't really work on my mod atm, either, so it's a bit of a wash either way; it'd be nice to be able to play it without crashes though :)

Ah but crashes are character building xeno :D
(unsolvable ones - not so much)

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 15, 2013, 03:55:53 PM »

Well, I could rip out features; I know what's causing the crashes.  I'm just too busy / lazy atm :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 18, 2013, 04:47:27 PM »

A bit late, but I just tried the new-and-improved Vulcan, and it is useful now.  Two or more Vulcans are effective at point defense (and better at it than machine guns), and for some ships (mainly Dominator), I have been able to swap out flak cannons for maulers/HVDs/needlers and flux-hungry light ballistics for vulcans.  Vulcans are also very deadly against unarmored targets.  I tried a Lasher with Vulcan x5, and it can kill a Hammerhead with ammo to spare.  In previous versions, I thought why use Vulcan instead of machine gun.  Now, there is a reason.

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 31, 2013, 03:04:09 AM »

The good thing is the CR tweaks are pretty much settled

My experience with Cr is roughly the same. The mechanic itself isn't bad and adds to the game, it's just that I feel like it wasn't sold all that well to players, and especially new players, let alone someone like me who has read through every blog post and know a little about CR before taking it on.
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

oranoron

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 15, 2013, 01:41:08 PM »

I'm lost. Is 0.6.2 released? How do I d/l it?

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 15, 2013, 01:42:31 PM »

It's not. The thread is locked to avoid clutter. The title will change when the patch is actually out.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]