Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Starsector 0.6.1a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 159260 times)

Unfolder

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.6.1a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2013, 05:16:01 PM »

I like how the longest unit of measurement you offered is Dwarf Fortress.  I really hope they release their next patch soon or at least on time (I believe they estimated for November) :[

Toady is a cruel God - implacable, inscrutable, and utterly without mercy. We can only scrabble helplessly at his feet for dwarf crumbs that fall from his neckbearded maw. And that's if we're lucky...

Griffinhart

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2013, 06:12:32 PM »

One unit of Dwarf Fortress time is still less than one unit of Half-Life 3 time. :p

-- Griffinhart

"Rrha ki ra tek wim tes yor
en weel waath dius manaf, Yat!
"

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 25, 2013, 04:50:43 AM »

I just wanna say, I really like the armor change! I feel much safer now behind my thick skin and I'm accordingly much more troubled if a torpedo rips it open and makes me vulnerable to small arms fire. This tin opener effect really works great now. (Small arms here being guns that are only about 20 meters long instead of 60. He.)
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 25, 2013, 06:00:24 AM »

Bring back space button as an exit from the stations/map refit etc.
& stratton repair shortcut button :(
-the ABOMINATION - in progress

Railgun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 25, 2013, 06:38:09 AM »

A softer version of the "CR reduction from actions in battle" for all other ships (potentially without "peak efficiency"), as well as reduced flat rates for the bigger ships, would be a good idea. This would rebalance Frigates vs. Capital Ships a little, for starters.

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 25, 2013, 06:40:57 AM »

I just wanna say, I really like the armor change! I feel much safer now behind my thick skin and I'm accordingly much more troubled if a torpedo rips it open and makes me vulnerable to small arms fire. This tin opener effect really works great now. (Small arms here being guns that are only about 20 meters long instead of 60. He.)

Word. Nothing like seeing your Reapers barreling towards an exposed flank.

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2013, 07:14:33 AM »

all ships shoud suffer from combat, including capitals, but not from fact of deployment, it does not matter how ship fly around.
frigates shoud go malfunction after some shots, capitals after prolonged fight (or large amount of encounters, this will be logical), hitech ships faster, lowtech slower.
ships will already damaged hull shoud drop CR ever faster (snowball effect)

such system will be clear to understand, since all values displayed in raw (not hidden behind percent and obscure game mechanics), player will know how much each action know and how much reserve each ship have.

if ship A have CR of 9000 (no damn 50% or 60%) and consumption rate of 100% (ships like hyperion will have large values, like 400% and lowtech capitals lower values) fire gun with CR consumption 100, it will have 90 shots (it still can shop after CR deplition, but with malfunctions), shared for all instanced of that gun (very logical, heat managment is severe problem for space ships)
soo it will be reasonable to install low CR cost guns on ships with hard maintenance (and heavy guns on ships with easy maintenance).

If shield damage count as 0.1 CR (shoud be shared for all ships, shield efficiency already present) - maximum possible damage soaked by shield will be 90000 at flux:damage 1 (hitech ships with flux:damage 0.5 will hold 180k without issues on same other rates) after that shield will go eventual malfunction (just like everything else).

system with clear digit indicated max CR and current CR and maximum CR as value, not percent, with all guns without ammo but with CR indication and clear supply cost per CR will return strategic element into game.

if ship have 9000 CR and cost 0.01 supply per CR, it shoud tell player exactly that value.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2013, 10:00:31 AM »

First fight, victorious, sent out salvage teams to secure more loot.
http://scr.hu/0zoz/z9oia
However now my only option is to engage again. Disengaging abandons all loot as I've found out before. That ship that's remaining is just a freighter against a fighting destroyer. Can I put in the Konami Code or something to allow me to leave the enemy fleet in peace, take my spoils and go?

BEFORE-POST-EDIT:
My mind just compared this to a mugging as I was about to post.
*mug passers-by*
*get friends to grab their purses and wallets*
Options:
"Hrm, I don't think we beat your ass enough"
"*** it, guise, their purses aren't worth it anyway"

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2013, 10:09:27 AM »

First fight, victorious, sent out salvage teams to secure more loot.
However now my only option is to engage again. Disengaging abandons all loot as I've found out before. That ship that's remaining is just a freighter against a fighting destroyer. Can I put in the Konami Code or something to allow me to leave the enemy fleet in peace, take my spoils and go?
Known bug, will be fixed in .61.  Until then, cart around something small and cheap - I suggest a tug or two - that you can deploy and don't care if it loses CR.  (Tugs lose only 10% CR per deployment.  They're unarmed, but that doesn't matter when the enemy isn't actually deploying anything.  Then, after your tug "wins", you can harry their reserves.  Usually takes one full tug to force a group of freighters to retreat, so I suggest having two just in case.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2013, 10:46:35 AM »

There's a Neutrino "frigate" I can buy that's literally a cargo container with engines strapped to it. I'll pick one of those up next time I pass a Neutrino station. Playing Exerelin with all the stations in different systems, it's hard to keep track of what's in each system without wasting the fuel to drop out of hyperspace and actually visit each one.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 25, 2013, 11:02:27 AM »

You'll need... I think it's six deployments worth of CR to harry enemy freighters down to zero?  Something like that.  So make sure whatever you pick up has a low enough deployment cost to be fielded six times in a row.

Odd, really; I'd expect freighters to take a particularly large CR hit for going into combat; they're not really meant for it, after all.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 25, 2013, 11:50:05 AM »

Neutrino ships are very cheap to deploy (like 5CR), so carrying a couple of the flying containers in my fleet should be okay.

Barracuda

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 27, 2013, 09:36:31 PM »

I was just wondering, are you going to put the ability to hover objects (asteroids, Planets, etc) back in? Its really needed for mosts like Exerelin who have mining in them which requires you to be on top of a asteroid to do.

NanoMatter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2013, 05:21:35 AM »

0.6a is so hard  :( ,All I wanted was hyperspace.......... Even cheating is hard...... allbeacuse of CR

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2013, 05:28:11 AM »

@Hiigaran: Will be fixed in 0.6.1a (at least for the asteroids, dunno about planets).

@NanoMatter: Practice! You'll get much better at this game, guaranteed. :)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15