Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tradewinds 0.3  (Read 26874 times)

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Tradewinds 0.3
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2013, 09:07:34 AM »

Unfortunately 0.3 will break saves with anything that came before it - I had to do this because I was saving things wrong before, and they wouldn't always be loaded properly.  Now that is fixed, but sadly you need to go through the new game process to set it up. 
I know it's a bit of a pain, at some point I will look into making it drop-in / drop-out, but no guarantees I'm afraid.

Runoved

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013, 02:02:01 AM »

Thanks for excellent mod. Long ago I waited for something similar. It is really possible to be the dealer and it is quite interesting. The profit is got less, than at a military way, but also is risky less. At last transports received due consideration. The main complexity - to learn what where the prices and that where it is favorable to carry. Messages on the change in price good idea, but  it is not easy to notice them. It is necessary to fly at first to systems and to write down the prices on a piece of paper, and after already to solve that where to carry and hope that the prices won't fall during flight. Though possibly it is part of balance not allowing a way of the dealer to become too easy. But all the same there is no opportunity to learn the prices in concrete system in advance though I recognize, to make it will be very difficult. I while tested not so long and probably it at the beginning so, but it seemed to me that at stations it isn't enough goods for this purpose completely to load large transport that it paid off. Once again thanks for excellent mod. I apologize for clumsy language it is machine translation.

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2013, 10:43:13 PM »

Love the trading mechanic, it's a sorely needed method of non-combat progression and let's you easily skip the annoying start of a solo frigate vs hounds & fighters & buffalo spamming salamander nonsense.

Lovingly anticipating future updates to bring this more in line with an Escape Velocity like commodities market system. Though it could use some additional tools to help keep track of system prices as you have to pay attention to every system message to check for price changes, record prices of all the commodities per system, and keep track of which system actually has what in stock on which station.

Also no, please keep supplying the abandoned stations with mad l00tz, I love skipping the early game each time I go for a new save without technically cheating.

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2013, 12:19:30 AM »

Thanks for the support!

I've been busy lately so no new version just yet, but I have some ideas to make it more user friendly regarding price tracking.

I will turn down but not remove the stuff in abandoned stations, the 1k units of stuff is technically a mistake - was always meant to be lower.  There will always be a chance of a lucky find of infernium though!

Next version will include some dialogs, and if I can get it working,  thaago's price mod which will go down to individual stations.

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2013, 03:01:03 AM »

Actually, that could totally be integrated as a fleet skill in leadership or technology - scavenging skill letting you eke out those nooks and crannies smugglers and others of ill-repute have been using to cache their goods.

And haggling - selling for more and buying for less, because it's a hard knock life out there and you've got 7 kids and 4 wives and 300 marines to feed.

lechibang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2017, 10:50:25 AM »

Any chance you would start updating the mod again?
Do it yourself, as people always say.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2017, 04:38:00 PM »

Any chance you would start updating the mod again?
It was last updated four years ago. :) Furthermore, vanilla's Salvage mechanics pretty much supersedes this (floating debris fields that you can find things in).
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2017, 02:45:12 AM »

A good display of advanced necromancy

ThinMint

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2017, 06:45:02 AM »

I got excited when i read the OP thinking it was a new mod coming out that would make trade fun, but nope, just a necro.
Pages: 1 [2]