Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 45

Author Topic: [0.95a] Kadur Remnant 3.2.3 - life support 2021-03-27  (Read 696024 times)

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Kadur Remnant 3.1.0 - Faction Overhaul 2020-01-14
« Reply #480 on: January 28, 2020, 12:28:38 PM »

You should be able to find the ships as patrols around the Revenant Gestalt.

You're right, i spent a bit more time in the mirage system and those fleets do spawn every now and then.

Can't wait for that quest! ;D

Satirical

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Kadur Remnant 3.1.1 - Balance Patch 2020-01-24
« Reply #481 on: February 10, 2020, 04:58:03 PM »

Does flux capacity and dissipation on the main hull even do anything for the Caliph? cool ship btw

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Kadur Remnant 3.1.1 - Balance Patch 2020-01-24
« Reply #482 on: February 10, 2020, 05:17:32 PM »

Does flux capacity and dissipation on the main hull even do anything for the Caliph? cool ship btw

When you use the special ability or fire the built-in gun it builds flux on the central hull, which only really matters for the zero flux boost, which you'll really want on the Caliph.

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Kadur Remnant 3.1.2 - un-invincible 2020-02-11
« Reply #483 on: February 11, 2020, 02:15:35 AM »

Minor update - fixing an issue with Commissioned Crews, minor Prophet nerfs

Download is in the OP as always. MAY BREAK SAVES. HONESTLY IT SHOULDN'T BUT I DIDN'T TEST OR ANYTHING (I NEVER DO)

- Prophet weapon arcs nerfed very slightly
- Armor from Kadur faction hullmods reduced, most ships' base armor increased to compensate
- devoted martyrs will no longer be utterly incapable of being martyred
- TECHPRIEST YOU NERD I TRUSTED YOU
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 02:21:18 AM by Vayra »
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
  • Warcrimes are very profitable...
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 11, 2020, 02:35:02 AM »

- devoted martyrs will no longer be utterly incapable of being martyred
Aww, no more selling my soul to the Kadur to achieve immortality.
Diktat Admiral:"What do we have here ? A dissident ? A pirate ? Or maybe a degenerate ?"

Me:"Yes, I'm all of those."

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 11, 2020, 02:58:37 AM »

yeah, i kinda agree about removing the "tips". I know you include the tips about how to remove them manually but a think average joe will having hard time finding that. Let's keep the meme alive in Discord instead.
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 11, 2020, 09:26:03 AM »

yeah, i kinda agree about removing the "tips". I know you include the tips about how to remove them manually but a think average joe will having hard time finding that. Let's keep the meme alive in Discord instead.

You're, uh, several major versions behind.

mora

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 11, 2020, 10:02:16 AM »

The (Q) version of the Medicant has a minor problem. The first letter isn't capitalized and has been like this since the rework(which was very good). Surely this is a mistake?

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 11, 2020, 12:41:27 PM »

My heart cries very slightly

Edit: J/K, I wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't mentioned it... in fact, i don't notice the change even AFTER the mention.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 01:36:47 PM by DarkOmegaMK2 »

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 11, 2020, 02:32:43 PM »

The (Q) version of the Medicant has a minor problem. The first letter isn't capitalized and has been like this since the rework(which was very good). Surely this is a mistake?

Whoops! I'll clean that up for the next update, thanks for pointing it out.

Edit: J/K, I wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't mentioned it... in fact, i don't notice the change even AFTER the mention.

I don't remember actually doing it and the discord post about it appears to either have mysteriously disappeared or never existed in the first place so even I'm not sure anymore.  :-\

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 11, 2020, 03:03:07 PM »

Whoops! I'll clean that up for the next update, thanks for pointing it out.

I don't remember actually doing it and the discord post about it appears to either have mysteriously disappeared or never existed in the first place so even I'm not sure anymore.  :-\

Maybe it was all a dream, maybe you're dreaming RIGHT NOW.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 12, 2020, 11:43:46 PM »

On a more serious note, i would like to ask everyone for advice on the fighters if they've been using them.

So far the only thing i've tried is, of course, the Myrmidon, who's MASSIVE punch literally blows a whole through any ship, i have a Seraph with full myrmidons, the fact that they are pretty hard to kill is a plus to me. (or at least hey seem to survive very unlikely scenarios) Downsides include: lack of tracking and the fact that, rarely, a missile can bounce out of control and they may end up hitting your own ships.

I haven't been able to try the other fighters because i've been sitting too comfortably with the Shen from Tiandong as my "general purpose" fighter. I do get a kick on the Neferi from what little i've seen it in action, because it is the most "kadur" of all the fighters "super fast and basically suicidal".

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 13, 2020, 05:19:25 PM »

On a more serious note, i would like to ask everyone for advice on the fighters if they've been using them.

So far the only thing i've tried is, of course, the Myrmidon, who's MASSIVE punch literally blows a whole through any ship, i have a Seraph with full myrmidons, the fact that they are pretty hard to kill is a plus to me. (or at least hey seem to survive very unlikely scenarios) Downsides include: lack of tracking and the fact that, rarely, a missile can bounce out of control and they may end up hitting your own ships.

I haven't been able to try the other fighters because i've been sitting too comfortably with the Shen from Tiandong as my "general purpose" fighter. I do get a kick on the Neferi from what little i've seen it in action, because it is the most "kadur" of all the fighters "super fast and basically suicidal".

I'd be very interested in more feedback on the fighters in general, but here's what I was thinking while designing them:

Interceptors:
Dervish - Basic interceptor. Frag missiles and proximity-fuzed gun make it less effective against warships than massed Talons, but better at actually being an interceptor.
Neferi - Hyperspecialized elite/heavy interceptor. Best against enemy elite or low-count fighters/bombers, especially garbage against destroyer+ ships, not great against heavily shielded anything.

Assault
Martyr (HE) and Termite (KE) - (very) Cheap damage, good for converted hangars or when you're out of OP because you filled up on expensive Kadur guns and Myrmidons. Termite also offers (ineffective) point defense.
Phalanx - Heavy kinetic assault fighter and bomber leader. Slightly faster and burst-ier than a Broadsword, but also more fragile and lower sustained DPS. Microspike missiles give it some effectiveness against light armor.
Ghulam - Tough-as-nails HE/EMP assault fighter. Wants to loiter around enemy warships and has the armor to do it. Not great against shields.
Immortal - Superfighters are never a good idea but I made one anyway. Big, tough, expensive, mostly HE weapons but kinda good at everything.

Bomber
Mamluk - Light bomber, payload is lower damage than most and susceptible to PD but guided and fairly long-ranged. Good finisher.
Veles - Energy rockets. Flashy, all-purpose, and somewhat expensive.
Hoplite - Kinetic bomber to lead your HE bombers. Quite safe for a bomber on account of being fast, long-ranged, and shielded.
Abid - Piranha analogue, useful for same purpose - killing stations, massed lowtech or derelict ships, et cetera. Tough and carries its own PD, which is surprisingly effective at clearing waves of missiles and light interceptors when massed.
Myrmidon - Abid's big sister, sort of a Cobra analogue if you jammed two of them together in a single slot, made them even tougher, and covered them in light PD guns. Tough as hell, so slow as to be borderline useless against most warships, deadly to stations and slow capital ships.

Support
Dirk and Arquebusier - Both fairly long-ranged and somewhat fragile support fighters, better on gunline ships than brawly battlecarriers.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 13, 2020, 07:24:23 PM »

Neferi - Hyperspecialized elite/heavy interceptor. Best against enemy elite or low-count fighters/bombers, especially garbage against destroyer+ ships, not great against heavily shielded anything.
Oh yeah, it is the most quintessential Kadur fighter imo.

Ghulam - Tough-as-nails HE/EMP assault fighter. Wants to loiter around enemy warships and has the armor to do it. Not great against shields.
I've considered using this one instead of Tiandong's Shen as my "general purpose harassment fighter", but the Shen won my heart first... that's basically it. To be fair i haven't seen it much in action, so i don't have a good comparison yet.

Immortal - Superfighters are never a good idea but I made one anyway. Big, tough, expensive, mostly HE weapons but kinda good at everything.
Myrmidon - Abid's big sister, sort of a Cobra analogue if you jammed two of them together in a single slot, made them even tougher, and covered them in light PD guns. Tough as hell, so slow as to be borderline useless against most warships, deadly to stations and slow capital ships.
While Super Fighters might not be ok, Super Bombers certainly are, there is very little that a squad of 4 myrmidons can't take down, provided the enemy shields are down or mostly down, i'm probably overkilling it with 4 myrmidons but man... it is so satisfying to watch even if my Seraph is left with scraps of OP.

Dirk and Arquebusier - Both fairly long-ranged and somewhat fragile support fighters, better on gunline ships than brawly battlecarriers.

I tried using these ones one time, but they didn't click with me, they seem ok for the price thought, specially the arquebusier.

------------------------------------

For the rest i can't really say, if someone else wants to fill in, please do. :)

Allstar13521

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Kadur Remnant 3.1.0 - Faction Overhaul 2020-01-14
« Reply #494 on: March 01, 2020, 05:41:40 PM »

I get-
Fatal: Weapon spec [vayra_vlrmms_2] not found!
Check starsector.log for more info
I've tried redownloading
I've tried disabling Kadur Remnant, then reenabling.

the log says -
java.lang.RuntimeException: Weapon spec [vayra_vlrms_2] not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.o00O.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.for(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.ÒO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
I had the same issue as the above user, but implementing the solution that worked for them only seems to have resulted in the following error message upon attempting to load a save
Spoiler
Fatal: Weapon spec [vayra_vlrmms_8] not found!
Check starsector.log for more info
[close]
Assuming that it could have been another mod causing the error, I proceeded to delete every mod I had just updated and installed the newest versions in their place, but this had no effect.

I'd be very grateful if someone could point me towards a solution.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 45