Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 45

Author Topic: [0.95a] Kadur Remnant 3.2.3 - life support 2021-03-27  (Read 695967 times)

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Kadur Remnant v3.0.3 cleanup & bugfixes 2019-08-18
« Reply #435 on: August 27, 2019, 01:33:42 PM »

I was recently poking through all of my downloaded mods while trying to track down a sector generation issue and noticed that several of the mods (including this one) have a condition_gen_data.csv file that still uses the old 0.9a format. In the Starsector 0.9.1a release, the condition_gen_data.csv file was updated with several renamed column headers and a new cat_hab5 column. I don't think the outdated version of the file is currently causing any problems (or at least it wasn't related to bug I was tracking), but I figured I should let you know just in case...

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Kadur Remnant v3.0.4 - Caliph Cleanup 2019-08-29
« Reply #436 on: August 29, 2019, 08:35:16 PM »

Hi y'all! Update to 3.0.4 is out now! Download and changelog in the OP.

Fixed a slowdown bug with the Caliph when in combat, that's the main thing.

I was recently poking through all of my downloaded mods while trying to track down a sector generation issue and noticed that several of the mods (including this one) have a condition_gen_data.csv file that still uses the old 0.9a format. In the Starsector 0.9.1a release, the condition_gen_data.csv file was updated with several renamed column headers and a new cat_hab5 column. I don't think the outdated version of the file is currently causing any problems (or at least it wasn't related to bug I was tracking), but I figured I should let you know just in case...

Thanks for pointing this out - didn't get around to fixing it up just now, but since it hasn't been causing issues... :)
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

Semondice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: August 31, 2019, 09:03:26 AM »

Downloaded the new version, performance is waaaaaaaay better now. Time to see how much havoc the beaut' can bring on!
Thanks, keep up with the good stuff!
//"Work in Progress"//

matveich

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 01, 2019, 10:19:29 AM »

Is it possible to tone down Caliph shield generator? The ship is already very strong due to weapon range, no need to make it immortal. The only time my shields went down when I was fighting 7-8 ordo fleets at the same time. Here are a few possible nerfs:
1) Reduce arcs of rotating shields to 90 degrees. Assuming all other numbers stay the same this should give AI ships enough time to overload generator via skinshield.
2) Reduce rotating shield flux/flux dissipation. You need about 8 capital ships focusing one shield to bring it down. At the same time the shield is rotating so it spreads damage across hull/skin shield and another shield arc. Not to mention Caliph will suppress/overload all ships around her before they even get into firing range.
3) Reduce flux on skinshield. Due to how rotating shields are strong, enemy ships do not have enough dps to overload the generator.

Without any officer perks the ship is more or less fine. But with max level officer or player it literary becomes the I win button.
I have tested Caliph with shield generator and shield emitter flux/dissipation set to 10000/200 and it is much better.

Also, could you adjust drive system to kill rotation when it ends? AI is crazy when using this system and ends up spinning around.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 06:31:47 PM by matveich »

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 12, 2019, 03:21:46 AM »

Hello, i have a question.

Is it normal that i cannot recover the caliph from the bounty after the battle? I ask this cuz i've won several times by now and i've had no luck recovering it, i can recover any other ship except that one, i just assumed i could reclaim it if i defeated it.

Thanks!

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 12, 2019, 04:21:50 AM »

Vayra said he will get all unique ships droppable all time , not from time to time as now it is.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 12, 2019, 10:34:00 AM »

Vayra said he will get all unique ships droppable all time , not from time to time as now it is.

I didn't understand what you said, does that mean the caliph can be obtained after battle right now?

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 12, 2019, 10:40:06 AM »

If you met him ,  it have drop rate as any normal ship.
IBB ships , and soon all unique ones will have chance to drop like normal ship+ forced one with every dmod in existence.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 12, 2019, 10:42:59 AM »

IBB ships , and soon all unique ones will have chance to drop like normal ship+ forced one with every dmod in existence.

IBB ships are from Ship and Weapon Pack thought :/

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 13, 2019, 11:27:32 AM »

What Hrothgar is trying to say is:

Currently, Vayra's Sector unique bounties have an increased drop chance but are not 100% recoverable.
In the future, Vayra's Sector unique bounties will work more like SWP IBBs, with forced recovery - unless set otherwise by the modmaker creating the bounty.

Any further discussion should go to the VS thread though :P since it's kind of beyond the scope of just the Caliph

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 13, 2019, 08:59:22 PM »

What Hrothgar is trying to say is:

Currently, Vayra's Sector unique bounties have an increased drop chance but are not 100% recoverable.
In the future, Vayra's Sector unique bounties will work more like SWP IBBs, with forced recovery - unless set otherwise by the modmaker creating the bounty.

Any further discussion should go to the VS thread though :P since it's kind of beyond the scope of just the Caliph

Ok thanks for that, i got my ship shortly after my last response, now i have a question regarding the ship itself, so i think it is valid that i ask here still:

1.- Does the caliph benefit from having "Auxiliary Thrusters" on it's core section?
2.- Anyone has any suggestions for a more effective loadout on the caliph? it is very powerful by default, but on the core i took advantage of the autoforge and set up some high damage single torpedos to use that remaining OP for mods and vents.

Thanks!

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 14, 2019, 12:31:47 AM »

I think that this sweeper beams can be replaced with tachyons or even Eradicator Pirate lasers, anything but not them. They're not really that usefull.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 14, 2019, 12:39:12 AM »

I think that this sweeper beams can be replaced with tachyons or even Eradicator Pirate lasers, anything but not them. They're not really that usefull.

I found that the sweepers on the frontal hard points are actually very good, cuz they make up for the ships inability to maneuver with a wide arc of shield negating destruction. The ones on the sides i took off right away as they would very often friendly fire, replace them with plasma cannons instead for massive side ways dps. Also added to the sides the "Gunnery Control AI" module from ships and weapons pack, but that's another story.

Xevecx1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 21, 2019, 11:04:11 PM »

If anyone else out there is having trouble with the caliph because they run a potato so they need to keep the fleet size small like me,
Spoiler
if you run ship/weapon pack the SO onslaught(from nedd ludd IBB) with all kinetics(mostly heavy machineguns) and typhoon reaper launchers will get you there
[close]

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 24, 2019, 10:11:45 PM »

If anyone else out there is having trouble with the caliph because they run a potato so they need to keep the fleet size small like me,
Spoiler
if you run ship/weapon pack the SO onslaught(from nedd ludd IBB) with all kinetics(mostly heavy machineguns) and typhoon reaper launchers will get you there
[close]

Awesome, I didn't actually know it could be killed with a capital or small capital fleet! It's designed to play like a bullet hell boss, so what I would actually recommend is bringing a handful of Harbingers and Afflictors (and the IBB Harbinger if you have it) and chain-deploying them while using a capital or two as cannon fodder to draw its fire.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 45