Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 45

Author Topic: [0.95a] Kadur Remnant 3.2.3 - life support 2021-03-27  (Read 696014 times)

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile

Quick patch for 0.9.1a ship pricing and crashfix.

Real update still about a week out. Sorry!
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

eidolad

• Commander
    • View Profile

Got this mod on my to-do list: 

anyone find any other mods that mesh really well, or not really well with with Kadur Remnant?

....sometimes me wonder if I am starting to stuff too many mods into a single game instance...

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile

....sometimes me wonder if I am starting to stuff too many mods into a single game instance...

Nah, "too many mods" is not really a thing. If the game boots up and doesn't crash, you should feel free to add any mod that looks or sounds neat.

There was a time (back when we were still playing just in corvus) when it was common for me to play with literally every released mod on the entire forum active all at once (plus plenty of my own hackjob modifications). It was ... "lively", let's call it that, but entirely playable and fun.

Most current-day mods tend to be a lot more stable (both in terms of not crashing the game or creating bugs, and in terms of game balance being close-ish to each other and to vanilla content) and since the new content from them is going to be spread out over many systems you won't feel as overcrowded either.

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile

People play on 1000 mods on Skyrim and noeone cry that Skyrim cant handle them.

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile

Except Skyrim can't handle them as it have 255 plugin limit? :P

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile

Unless they are mostly the other type, yes
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile

Unless they are mostly the other type, yes

One can also merge plugins (mods) together ;)
But I've made my point :P

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector v.2.3.0 (Dev build available 2019-06-09)
« Reply #322 on: June 10, 2019, 07:44:34 AM »

After a few battles of cursing at my Sphinx allies for repeatedly ignoring my retreat orders, I decided to watch one of them more closely in the next fight. What I discovered is that they constantly fire their drive system while attempting to retreat. While this is a perfectly valid tactic when doing a direct retreat facing away from the enemy, it is a fatal strategy when trying to do a tactical retreat with the ship's frontal shields facing towards the enemy. (Basically, the ship just keeps charging back towards the enemy ships faster than it can back away...)

Out of curiosity, I glanced at the AI logic in Kadur_RamJetsAI.java and I think I've discovered the cause - while the retreating AI correctly checks the direction the ship is facing before activating the drive system, it doesn't exit to prevent any other checks from potentially activating the system when facing the wrong direction. My proposed solution is to simply add a return statement after the AI has determined the ship is facing the wrong way:

Spoiler
Code: java
        if (assignment != null && assignment.getType() == CombatAssignmentType.RETREAT) {
            if (ship.getOwner() == 0 || (ship.getOwner() == 1 && engine.getFleetManager(FleetSide.PLAYER).getGoal() == FleetGoal.ESCAPE)) {
                targetLocation = new Vector2f(ship.getLocation().x, ship.getLocation().y + 500f);
            } else {
                targetLocation = new Vector2f(ship.getLocation().x, ship.getLocation().y - 500f);
            }
            if (rightDirection(ship, targetLocation)) {
                ship.useSystem();
                return;  // This line can be safely removed after adding the new line below
            }

return;  // ADD THIS LINE - prevents the AI from activating the ship's system while retreating and facing the wrong direction
        }
[close]

This should drastically increase the Sphinx's chance of surviving a tactical retreat...

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector v.2.3.0 (Dev build available 2019-06-09)
« Reply #323 on: June 10, 2019, 09:21:32 PM »

After a few battles of cursing at my Sphinx allies for repeatedly ignoring my retreat orders, I decided to watch one of them more closely in the next fight. What I discovered is that they constantly fire their drive system while attempting to retreat. While this is a perfectly valid tactic when doing a direct retreat facing away from the enemy, it is a fatal strategy when trying to do a tactical retreat with the ship's frontal shields facing towards the enemy. (Basically, the ship just keeps charging back towards the enemy ships faster than it can back away...)

Out of curiosity, I glanced at the AI logic in Kadur_RamJetsAI.java and I think I've discovered the cause - while the retreating AI correctly checks the direction the ship is facing before activating the drive system, it doesn't exit to prevent any other checks from potentially activating the system when facing the wrong direction. My proposed solution is to simply add a return statement after the AI has determined the ship is facing the wrong way:

Code: java

if (assignment != null && assignment.getType() == CombatAssignmentType.RETREAT) {
            if (ship.getOwner() == 0 || (ship.getOwner() == 1 && engine.getFleetManager(FleetSide.PLAYER).getGoal() == FleetGoal.ESCAPE)) {
                targetLocation = new Vector2f(ship.getLocation().x, ship.getLocation().y + 500f);
            } else {
                targetLocation = new Vector2f(ship.getLocation().x, ship.getLocation().y - 500f);
            }
            if (rightDirection(ship, targetLocation)) {
                ship.useSystem();
                return;  // This line can be safely removed after adding the new line below
            }

return;  // ADD THIS LINE - prevents the AI from activating the ship's system while retreating and facing the wrong direction
        }

This should drastically increase the Sphinx's chance of surviving a tactical retreat...

Oh, good call. I'll throw that in there. Thanks!
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

Hrothgar

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Vayra's Sector v.2.3.0a (Dev build available 2019-06-10)
« Reply #324 on: June 11, 2019, 12:52:09 AM »

Fix for spawning stations of pirates/ludd/kadur if they're wiped out is... bootiful.

Grizzlyadamz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 13, 2019, 07:54:43 PM »

If that works it'll be good for other mods too- the combat freighter in diable suffers from the same issue.

HuoShengdi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 13, 2019, 10:37:02 PM »

Are Kadur camp stations supposed to proliferate in-system? I'm seeing like 5 different Kadur stations all in this one system...

StarsectorForumLurkerGuy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 14, 2019, 06:12:42 AM »

Hi Vayra! Long time lurker, first time poster.

I ran into this problem that caused a crash every time I mouse over a communist cloud fleet.
Spoiler
579973 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Hullmod communist_clouds not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Hullmod communist_clouds not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.getAllMods(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.prototype.Utils.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.computeNumFighterBays(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.impl.CoreAutofitPlugin.fitFighters(CoreAutofitPlugin.java:918)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.impl.CoreAutofitPlugin.doFit(CoreAutofitPlugin.java:363)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.DefaultFleetInflater.inflate(DefaultFleetInflater.java:406)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.inflateIfNeeded(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2.createFleetTooltip(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.C.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 10:03:31 AM by StarsectorForumLurkerGuy »

KailaRaZhu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 14, 2019, 02:05:37 PM »

I ran into this problem that caused a crash every time I mouse over a communist cloud fleet.
Spoiler
579973 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Hullmod communist_clouds not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.computeNumFighterBays(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.impl.CoreAutofitPlugin.fitFighters(CoreAutofitPlugin.java:918)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.impl.CoreAutofitPlugin.doFit(CoreAutofitPlugin.java:363)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.DefaultFleetInflater.inflate(DefaultFleetInflater.java:406)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.inflateIfNeeded(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2.createFleetTooltip(Unknown Source)
[close]

yeah both the java and the entry in the hull_mods.csv is missing for that one, i guess it was simply missed  :)

I'm sure Vayra will have it fixed in no time, but until then just add an entry to the hull_mods.csv for that to point to, (you can just copy/paste another mod and change the ID)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 02:13:49 PM by KailaRaZhu »

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 15, 2019, 07:51:58 AM »

Spoiler
[close]

yeah both the java and the entry in the hull_mods.csv is missing for that one, i guess it was simply missed  :)

I'm sure Vayra will have it fixed in no time, but until then just add an entry to the hull_mods.csv for that to point to, (you can just copy/paste another mod and change the ID)

From looking at the code, I think it's designed to add a faction-specific hullmod to Red Guard ships created by other game mods. For example, it would add something like the built-in People's Armada hullmod to the special Red Guard variants added by the Shadowyards mod. Unfortunately, the "communist_clouds" hullmod it attempts to add doesn't actually exist so the game crashes. Anyway, I can confirm that the temporary workaround mentioned above will prevent the crash if you just copy/paste the existing "People's Armada" entry and change the id from "vayra_red_army" to "communist_clouds" in the copied version.

I should probably note that this workaround doesn't seem to actually add the "People's Armada" hullmod to Shadowyards-based hulls as I expected though - not sure what's up with that...
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 45