Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 45

Author Topic: [0.95a] Kadur Remnant 3.2.3 - life support 2021-03-27  (Read 696186 times)

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I've been looking into a problem with some planets having multiple ruin conditions (http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=15000.0) and I think I have some bad news. It looks like a change you made in your latest update was the culprit. Based on Machine's experience with the same issue, the cause appears to be this line in condition_gen_data.csv:

Code
khs_tomb_world,ruins,,2,0.5,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Apparently, creating custom conditions with the "ruins" group can confuse the sector gen logic and give some planets multiple instances of ruins. Of course, it doesn't happen to every planet which makes it a bit more difficult to track (unless you physically search the save file itself). The good news is that it should be easy to fix - you just need to remove the "ruins" condition from that particular entry:

Code
khs_tomb_world,,,2,0.5,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I tried this locally, and although I didn't test dozens of generated sectors like Machine, it did resolve the problem in the couple of new games that I tried. Just remember to add the "ruins_vast" condition or something similar to the planet Kadur to ensure it still supports Tech Mining, and everything should be good. (I couldn't test that myself because that particular step is in the compiled code...)

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile

I've been looking into a problem with some planets having multiple ruin conditions (http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=15000.0) and I think I have some bad news. It looks like a change you made in your latest update was the culprit. Based on Machine's experience with the same issue, the cause appears to be this line in condition_gen_data.csv:

Code

Apparently, creating custom conditions with the "ruins" group can confuse the sector gen logic and give some planets multiple instances of ruins. Of course, it doesn't happen to every planet which makes it a bit more difficult to track (unless you physically search the save file itself). The good news is that it should be easy to fix - you just need to remove the "ruins" condition from that particular entry:

Code

I tried this locally, and although I didn't test dozens of generated sectors like Machine, it did resolve the problem in the couple of new games that I tried. Just remember to add the "ruins_vast" condition or something similar to the planet Kadur to ensure it still supports Tech Mining, and everything should be good. (I couldn't test that myself because that particular step is in the compiled code...)

Yep! You're right -- DrakonST on the unofficial Discord alerted me to this as well.

Fixed for the next update, and as you've discovered if you simply delete the value that'll work for now. :)
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile

I had a blast trying the Kadur-aligned start. Basically anyone else hates you, Kadur don't spawn mission except some bounties, don't want to trade IA cores, well, it's a hard start. I grinded what reputation I could with PL and TT, just enough to have colony trade partners, get a place to dump all the stuff I was not able to put in the abandoned station in Corvus (since Hegemony are pretty *** about yourself). So it was really hard to thread the line to get paid enough to cover expense, improve your repm until you can finally get a colony with some acces to trade market. That was really a fun game!

(A small detail: I think that their is a rule of thumb to not give range superior to 1000 since V0.8, and some weapons have really big range like 1500, just to mention)

Retry

• Captain
    • View Profile

(A small detail: I think that their is a rule of thumb to not give range superior to 1000 since V0.8, and some weapons have really big range like 1500, just to mention)
Eh, that's more of a guideline than an actual rule.  There's several specialized guns that I can think of in several mods with extreme range for their size: Sledge Guns + Sledge Cannons from II are virtually iconic in that mod (1000 small ballistic for the former, 1500 medium ballistic for the latter).  IIRC the ORA has the Invocater Launcher with a 1250 base range.

If it's fairly balanced it should be fine, although I haven't been able to try out this mod and won't be be able to play SS, unfortunately, so I just get the dubious honor of watching the modders bring their creations to 0.9 one-by-one as I wish I had the time to enjoy the fruits of their labor.

Once I actually get some time I'd certainly love to try this mod, it looks like a strong contender for my permanent modlist.

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile

I had a blast trying the Kadur-aligned start. Basically anyone else hates you, Kadur don't spawn mission except some bounties, don't want to trade IA cores, well, it's a hard start. I grinded what reputation I could with PL and TT, just enough to have colony trade partners, get a place to dump all the stuff I was not able to put in the abandoned station in Corvus (since Hegemony are pretty *** about yourself). So it was really hard to thread the line to get paid enough to cover expense, improve your repm until you can finally get a colony with some acces to trade market. That was really a fun game!

I'm glad you like the start option! It was meant to give a big challenge without resorting to the Spacer start's "mysterious debt" and I figured the best way to do that was by removing the stipend (no debt, no stipend) and making everyone hate you. As a bonus, it somewhat nerfs colonies indirectly, as they start printing money a lot slower due to the accessibility penalties from so many hostile factions.

And re: the range, that's a very good rule of thumb but in both cases where I've broken it I'd like to think I have good reason: Both the Jezail battery (1200 range) and the Jazeraint rocket gun (stated 1500 range, actually much longer) are balanced out by extreme inaccuracy at longer ranges, and the Jazeraint in particular is only useful in very, very specific niches. I don't think you'd be able to use either of them to kite effectively for example, which is my main concern when it comes to extreme-range weapons. I am open to changing my mind on these if people still really feel they're unbalanced, though.  :P

ASSIMKO

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Kadur Remnant v2.2.2 (updated Jan 23rd 2019) - More than a Faction Mod
« Reply #275 on: February 09, 2019, 07:13:39 AM »

god rest the theocrats, c+00 (est.) - c+196.10.17

Born from the unlikely alliance of two traditionally opposed colonies who banded together during the Collapse to seize their independence from the Domain of Man; the cult-colonies of the Kadur Theocracy were once a great power in the Persean Sector with their own native shipbuilding industry and a powerful spaceborne navy. But now the theocrats are no more -- murdered along with millions of the Kadur people in a brutal conflict which saw the garden world Oasis, the jewel of the Mirage system, seized by the Hegemony and Kadur itself devastated by a Planet Killer-class virus bomb. Now the Kadur Remnant skulk the fringes of the sector in a captured Domain-era orbital fortress and the derelict wreckage of their once-great fleet, fighting a desperate battle for the continued survival of their people.

The faith shared by all Kadur people is still deeply ingrained in every part of their culture, but where the Theocracy was inflexible and hierarchical, the Remnant is decentralized and fluid. Their shared beliefs have grown less dogmatic; focused more now on the connection between individuals forged through mutual hardship, and less on the divine right to power claimed in years past by their religious leaders. The Kadur people remain staunchly independent isolationists, regarding other factions with at best a wary suspicion born from centuries of mutual distrust, but have begun to make some diplomatic connections with other political players in the sector who are hostile to the Hegemony.

More backstory here.

Download now! v2.2.2 (for Starsector v0.9a)

backup link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cBtUSfKUNf3NM7sL-5JrDasWWaj1OfDo

Note: Edit "KADUR_SETTINGS.ini" in the mod directory to toggle options.
Requires LazyLib as of version 2.1.5 -- get it here.
Requires MagicLib as of version 2.3.0 -- get it here.
WARNING: This mod contains foul language, cuss words, anarcho-communist propaganda, dubious game design choices, amateur-at-best art, incoherent java scripts, and updating it WILL break your saves!
If you still play 0.8.1a, get the last version of the mod for that release here.

So what's in the mod?
  • New ships and weapons for vanilla factions
  • New starting options when used without Nexerelin, including Independent/Persean League-allied and Pirate starts
  • Optionally: A new and improved bounty manager with faction-aligned bounty targets and funny titles
  • Optionally: Competing upstart colonial factions out for their slice of the galaxy
  • Optionally: The Kadur Remnant faction with new ships, weapons, and star systems as well as compatibility with Nexerelin
  • Optionally: A fix to prevent Pirate, Luddic Path, and Kadur raider bases from spawning once their parent faction is entirely destroyed
  • Optionally: A fix to apply NPC admins to markets across the sector
Note: These options will be 'ON' by default -- you can turn them off or adjust them in KADUR_SETTINGS.ini

Why the change in the way the mod is presented?
Honestly, further developing the Kadur themselves has at this point taken a back seat to the rest of my insane ideas. I wanted to be very clear that while this remains a mod containing a faction, it really is now more than just a faction mod and contains plenty of only tangentially related content. It also makes changes to things such as bounties, pirate bases, and market admins, which you might not normally expect of a faction mod and I wanted to highlight that so as not to catch anyone by surprise -- although, I should also stress that it is not a total conversion and remains 100% compatible with other mods such as Nexerelin, Ship/Weapon Pack, et cetera.

Kadur faction information:
The Kadur Theocracy's fleet doctrine was heavily focused on long-range gunline bombardment, faring best when the enemy is kept at arm's length where the Kadur ships can safely catch shots with their otherwise inefficient shields and return fire with their long-range batteries, backing off to vent flux between volleys. However, since the fall of Kadur itself some warriors of the Kadur Remnant have adopted more aggressive tactics, quickly closing the distance to their enemies and overpowering them with close-range firepower before their weak shields and lack of maneuverability can be exploited.

Despite sturdy construction and armor, Kadur vessels don't have the durability to stand in the line of fire, and while their focused drive units provide excellent straight-line speed they certainly don't have the mobility to get themselves out of trouble. They do excel at chasing down fleeing enemies or dashing in to open a gap in enemy lines -- as long as they're careful not to misjudge their opponent's strength and overextend.

To summarize:
Faction strengths:
  • High straight-line speed
  • High alpha strike damage
  • Long-ranged weapons
  • High hull strength and armor
  • High mass
  • Good forward-facing firepower

Faction weaknesses:
  • Inefficient and generally front-fixed shields
  • Terrible maneuverability
  • Little access to "Strike" or "Finisher" missiles
  • No energy weapons
  • Mediocre or expensive point defense
  • Exposed engines and few rear-facing mounts

Special thanks to:
Cums for music
Soren for spritework, artwork, scriptwork, and also generally being a pal
Sylva for spriting and paintjobs
NetworkPesci for rescuing the old files long after I had lost them all
Cjuicy for initial playtesting, ideas and encouragement
Avanitia for extensive balance feedback
MesoTroniK for comments, criticism, advice, and examples
AxleMC131 for sprites, spriting advice, and other help
Tartiflette for advice and resources (especially the kitbash database, texture pack, and MagicLib)
LazyWizard and Nicke for excellent scripting help, advice, and examples
Everyone else in the Discord; you've been a big help, honestly
Also thanks regarding the original mod; to ValkyriaL for letting me edit his code, LazyWizard for writing helpful tutorials and utilities, Zaphide for java advice, Taverius and NikolaiLev for continued great criticism and feedback, MShadowy, Hyph_K31, Mendonca, Gotcha! and Cycerin for allowing me to add code to integrate their factions, etherealblade for good ship system suggestions, and Fractal Softworks as a whole for making such an amazing game and letting me monkey around with the internals of it.

Comments and constructive criticism encouraged.

Changelog:
Code
!!! COLONIAL COMPETITORS NOW ACTIVE BY DEFAULT !!!
!!! TURN OFF IN KADUR_SETTINGS.INI IF REQUIRED !!!
variants cleaned up
forum thread OP reworked to emphasize new focus
(hopefully) fixed double ruins bug
NEW SHIPS/WEAPONS
- Tarsus Mk.II class destroyer added to Pirates
- Sandpiper-class frigate added to Kadur Remnant
- Targe-class destroyer added to Kadur Remnant
- Crystalline Splinter Torpedo weapon added to Kadur Remnant
GLORIOUS PEOPLE'S ANTHEM RECORDED BY CUMS added to communist clouds faction
- lasher skin also added
BALANCE TWEAKS (pending tournament feedback)
- Light Plasma Cutter turn rate increased
- Sling reworked entirely to be anti-fighter capable, 4-round burst, tracking-enabled PD missile (again)
- Jericho VLRMSs flight time lowered slightly, reload speed now increases slightly with weapon size (bigger = better)
- Medium Combat Laser set to PD_ALSO
- Frag Scatterer projectile speed, spread, and proximity fuse radius increased slightly. Changed manufacturer to Kadur Remnant and added to blueprints
- Ion Scatterer spread and EMP arc effect chance increased
- Sphinx supply/deploy cost increased to 28 (was: 26)
- Jordan-class LCPKV damage type changed to energy
- Rukh shipsystem changed to Martyr Channel
- Mass-Transference Field name changed to Mass-Anomaly Field
- Splintergun boom noise and cosmetic lightning arc effects added
- Splintergun now shows loaded crystal shards on weapon sprite
- Splintergun stated/tooltip damage adjusted to more accurately convey its power and purpose, hopefully with benefits to AI use of it (no change to actual damage)
- MagicLib lightweight missile AI added to missiles

pre-tournament stat fix
- ship, wing, and weapon credit, supply, and fleet point costs tweaked
custom ship system AI added for ram jets, ram drive, mass transference field and flux overdrive ship systems
mass transference field now has a maximum range and a visual effect sprite
Caliban heavy fighter removed
Dervish interceptor variant and wing removed
Phalanx heavy fighter added
Myrmidon fast bomber added
Badger Mk.II slot types changed
Planetary conditions on Kadur cleaned up. It has ore again!
Vesperon whitelist added for most ships/weapons
mission icons added
OPTION FOR competing upstart faction colonies added to campaign mode
- these are off by default as they are not 100% complete, turn them ON in KADUR_SETTINGS.ini if you want to try them out
- these will begin appearing in cycle 208 or after the player starts their first colony
- they can also be prevented from spawning via the simple expedient of decivilizing (or invading, with Nexerelin) all of their colonies plus all the settlements of their parent faction
custom bounty manager now tells you the target's faction, which is much more interesting, rather than the offering faction
- it still says the offering faction in the header

Badger Mk.II added
- and drones to support it
Colossus Mk.XIV upgraded
Handful of Nexerelin starting fleets added to Pirate start menu
Dervish speed increased by 50, flare launcher downgraded to single
Fixed some weird behavior on the fancy faction bounty manager
- Default bounty behavior now back to "SOMETIMES"

!!! Script added that kills raider base manager scripts if the parent faction is entirely decivilized or otherwise destroyed !!!
!!! this is set ON by default, but can be toggled off in the KADUR_SETTINGS.ini (vanilla) if you prefer the default behavior !!!
!!! foulmouthed fancy faction bounties are now ON by default, but can be toggled off in the KADUR_SETTINGS.ini if you prefer the default (vanilla) and non-cussing behavior !!!
!!! Nexerelin compatibility update !!!
- Nexerelin start options and faction config tweaked
- moved scripts from Gehenna systemgen to be compatible with random sector mode
added a whole bunch more bounty words for the random bounty generator
Sling removed from both Dervish loadouts
- and also their description (nice)
Fixed Hail turret mistakenly set as hardpoint (garbage turn rate, on its only PD turret) (nice)
- Flares upgraded to full flare load (rather than single) to compensate
Mother Medusa blueprint removed (it should never have had one, duhhhhh)
populations of Star Fortress Requiem and the Revenant Gestalt each increased by 1
the Revenant Gestalt is no longer a free port, get your got damnb drugs elsewhere
Jezail driver sounds and sprites upgraded
IR Micropulser and Degraded Tac Laser soft-removed
Degraded Pulse Laser renamed to LR Pulse Laser, description altered, range increased by 100, no longer in base_bp
weapon stats tweaked slightly;
- chargeup time for most weapons unified at 0.3 seconds
- chargedown time for most weapons increased/decreased to maintain same DPS
- except for the Jezail, which now does 50 DPS (was: 43)
- light plasma cutter, IR micropulser, and ion scatterer range increased by 50 again (to 400)
- jazeraint rocket acceleration increased
fleet points/supply usage/fuel usage and capacity tweaked
- Kadur ships are slightly more logistically viable now, and should fare better in campaign-layer autoresolve (maybe?)
Kadur hullmod added
- Kadur ship stats modified to net very few changes to final stats
- Some ships are slightly (10 su/s or less) faster or slightly (100 armor or less) better armored
- Kadur ships gain strength when they need it most
Eagle (K) and Falcon (K) added, replacing the Eagle and Falcon in Kadur fleets (these are probably temporary)
Rukh shipsystem changed to Mass-Transference Field (oooo) (only sort of works, oops) (it's still a 3-deck carrier it's still good shut up)

fixed the damn thing where immortals had missiles stuck on their noses
D-mods removed from "XIV Battlegroup" and pirate ships and skins (they'll still usually spawn with D-mods due to ship quality, but none are 'mandatory' now)
Tech type colors assigned
Pirate start added
Independent start added
script added to clear some room in starting area so you don't immediately get jumped by 8 Hegemony Dominators in the Kadur start
Camel (P) added
Falchion (P) added
Start options shuffled around, now in a submenu
Rock Hound salvage gantry now built-in, Rock Hound OP reduced by 5 to compensate
Hyena maneuverability (accel/decel) improved
Weapon rarity values adjusted (still not sure if this does anything)
Impact of Jazayer and both varieties of Particle Streamer increased
Jazayer Strike Cannon range lowered to 750
Ion Scatterer range increased to 350
IR Micropulser range increased to 350
Hammer Pod ammo increased to 10 (5 volleys)
Jezail Mass Driver removed
Light Flechette Driver renamed to Jezail Flechette Driver, accuracy decreased significantly
Jezail Driver Battery stats adjusted; per-shot damage reduced, rate of fire increased, now fires alternating single shots rather than two-shot burst, accuracy reduced significantly
New weapon: Jazeraint-class Gyrojet Driver
New weapon: Crystalline Splintergun
New weapon: Light Particle Streamer

fixed crash when selecting Kadur start with Ship Pack Mode enabled
fixed issue where Kadur start would leave Galatia in permanent limbo and the player unable to escape should they venture into that cursed realm
tips cleaned up a little

really embarrassing thing fixed where the Kadur didn't actually know their own weapon blueprints (maybe? unless i actually commented that out to test something in between the last release and now and just forgot about it. anyway~)
Collapsed Cargo Holds now incompatible with Converted Cargo Bay (the builtin on the Colossus Mk. III) because that made no sense
role weights (and thus spawn weights) adjusted for some ships -- Henchmen should be much less common now, and a few others were slightly reduced in frequency as well
Ion Scatterer damage halved (to: 5, was: 10), flux/shot raised by 2 (to: 12, was: 10), EMP damage doubled (to: 200, was: 100)
Mass-Aug Ram Jets speed boosted by 50 su/sec (to: 150, was: 100), cooldown reduced by 1 sec (to: 8, was: 9)
Particle Streamer and Degraded Particle Streamer damage decreased by 100/sec each (to: 1500 and 900, was: 1600 and 1000); description edited to reflect that it's LosTech
Frag Scatterer damage, radius, and flux cost (very) slightly increased; description edited to reflect that it's LosTech
Light Flechette Driver flux/shot halved (to: 50, was: 100)
Jamadhar Volley Driver damage and flux/shot increased (to: 25, 10, was: 24, 8)
VLRMS reload time increased by 5sec (to: 25, was: 20)
VLRMS-8 OP increased to 18 (was: 16)
Hammer Pod base sprite changed to base from Harpoon, should be less easily confused with Salamander Pod now (hopefully)
Annihilator Rocket Rack added
Harvester Torpedo Rack added
Jezail Sabot Driver renamed to Jezail Mass Driver (as it's now a chemically assisted coilgun rather than a proper railgun, it wouldn't necessarily use a sabot...)
Jazayer Strike Cannon range and first-shot accuracy increased substantially, flux cost and reload cooldown increased to match
Hammer Carrier drone wing increased to 6 OP (was: 4)
Dervish wings increased to 8 OP, 3 fighters/wing, Interceptor fixed to actually use Dervish volley drivers (half damage, have PD tag) as intended
- Rukh variants adjusted to compensate
Maneuverability increased very slightly across the board for Kadur ships (buffs to acceleration, little or no change to other stats)
Fuel efficiency increased slightly for some Kadur ships (Hyena, Falchion, Rukh and Sphinx)
Armor increased significantly for Ram Jet ships (should be slightly more survivable in AI hands now, god willing)
Flux Overdrive bonus increased to 60 (was: 50), duration increased to 5 seconds (was: 3), cooldown increased to 10 seconds (was: i forget. less)
Dire Wolf wing hardpoints changed to small missiles (were: medium)
- Dire Wolf variants adjusted to compensate
Sirocco now tagged as "CIVILIAN", should flee combat rather than blow itself up
Kadur-allied starting option added, starts you in Mirage with a wolfpack of frigates from the mod including non-Kadur vessels, hostile to the Hegemony and Church and suspicious at best with everyone else, with no Academy stipend (but no debt either)
Also added a Lasher second starting ship option because why not
Removed vanilla ruins condition from Kadur and replaced with a non-explorable dummy ruins condition -- no more free lunch (though Mirage is still a lucrative salvaging destination)
Kadur guerrilla fighters will now build camps to harass enemy settlements in their "grand crusade"
Blueprints tweaked, separated, and tagged no-drop -- you'll have to purchase Kadur BPs from Kadur military markets (placeholder until i can get them set up as quest rewards) or pry them from the cold, dead hands of Kadur guard-paladins in a raid
- this also means that "ship/weapon pack only" mode now properly excludes Kadur ships and weapons (except for the Light Flechette Driver, an export) from the campaign.
!!!Version Checker support added!!!
some other stuff i forgot, probably

Sphinx shipsystem bug fixed
Hammer Carrier drone turn rate, speed, armor, and hull reduced, OP cost increased to 4 (may go up from there)
LR Mining Pod and Mining Platform hull and armor increased to match base Mining Pod
Greyhound, Rock Hound, and Hyena OP increased to match auxiliary/base Hound
Badger-class heavy drone tender rarity increased
Plasma Cutter damage decreased, range increased slightly
Particle Streamer damage decreased
Collapsed Cargo Holds now reduces peak performance time by 25% and is incompatible with Expanded Cargo Holds
Tariffs added to markets (oops)
Variants adjusted to remove spare/overspent OP
Hyena sprite desaturated slightly to match others
+200% hazard rating added to the Virus Bombed condition on Kadur
Blueprints further tweaked

Hammer Carrier drone wing refit time increased to 20sec
blueprints tweaked slightly, hopefully dodging a crash

bare minimum compatibility update for 0.9a
market conditions changed to industries where applicable
orbital stations/star fortressii added where appropriate
things assigned to blueprints, which maybe worked
very little testing done

initial release MARK II. everything has changed.
also 0.9 is about to come out so everything is gonna change again. oops

~5 year hiatus during which i lost the files and they were rescued by NetworkPesci~

1.1.8 (unreleased)
reduced sizes of moons
changed Oasis III rings
separated Mirage and Mirage Beta slightly
hopefully fixed horrible save bloat problems
1.1.7b
buffed corvettes slightly
fixed some bugs
raised Dolphin hull integrity again
changed ram drive to be even faster, for a shorter amount of time. it will also flameout and overload the tug upon completion but will no longer flameout on impact.
ram drive also lowers armor damage taken by 80%, but only while active
lowered Dolphin combat speed
lowered Dolphin hull integrity dramatically
narrowed forward-facing prow turret arcs slightly (usually from 280 degrees to 220) on most ships
edited Mirage and Mirage Beta very slightly (they're 200 units further from eachother, and Mirage Beta is properly the smaller of the two now)
lowered peak CR times for everything except the Jackal (which was already low enough :))
removed peak CR time from Hauberk
lowered most frigate speeds a little to stay in line with vanilla (they're still all the same speeds relative to vanilla, but vanilla frigates got slower)
tweaked fighter supply costs to stay in line with vanilla
fixed BRDY station weapon restocking
fixed test mission for 0.6.1a
v1.1.6b
now properly integrates mods that are included in Uomoz's Sector if you're playing Uomoz's with the Kadur installed
v1.1.6
added integration for Blackrock Driveyards (they have a small solar research station in Oasis)
increased small/medium railgun and coilgun ranges slightly again
added blinking lights to everything b/c i'm a trendhopper
redid Hyena sprite
replaced Oasis background and cleaned up the system a little
fixed SHI trade convoy integration -- SHI ships should show up in Kadur stations a lot less now (they might still show up sometimes, that is intended)
uhhh i think that was it
new ship system for the Hyena: augmented turret system, increases turret rotation speed to 400% for a few seconds
new ship system for the Buzzard and Behemoth: weapons drive redirect, like an ammo feed accelerator but for everything and four times faster... and it cuts your engines and overloads your ship. Kadur engineering, people.
v1.1.5
lowered railgun ranges by 100
raised ABM damage slightly
lowered ABM, HP especially for larger ABM systems
lowered all ballistic projectile speeds significantly
lowered coilgun damage slightly
lowered heavy railgun damage more than slightly
lowered large weapon damage significantly
lowered turn rate on small/medium heavy railguns/coilguns dramatically and large railguns/coilguns slightly
lowered heavy railgun and coilgun ammo significantly and large railgun and coilgun ammo slightly
fixed VLRMS ammo (was higher than i intended, oops)
lowered Javelin VLRMS-2 ammo to 5 salvos
lowered VLRM HP slightly
lowered VLRM damage slightly
increased martyr cannon damage and decreased range
allowed martyr cannon to be used as PD, though I wouldn't recommend mounting it on ships for use as such
increased strike cannon damage very slightly
increased Light Railgun array flux generation
increased most weapon credit values slightly
AI Hints added for various weapons (PD missiles got ANTI_FTR, large ballistics got STRIKE, USE_VS_FRIGATES, etc.)
Hauberk EWAR Field now generates 1% flux/second and prevents flux from dissipating while active
Hauberk EWAR Field now has functional AI script
Hauberk EWAR Field now increases friendly (and decreases enemy) weapon ranges by 20%, up from 15%
Hauberk-class destroyers now have considerably less hull and armor strength
removed flare launchers from civilian ships, gave martyr drones (varying amounts based on hull size) to all civilian ships
Dervish phase fighters now have a longer-range phase teleport, though still not as impressive as Tri-Tachyon ships
Vulture heavily revamped, changes include a new sprite, different weapon mounts (now has 1 small universal and 1 small ballistic), more armor, worse maneuverability, and different variants
wrote slightly longer descriptions for things (drunk, at times ranging from 3:00 am to 5:30... i'm sorry in advance.)
implemented ASP Syndicate integration
made hardpoint sprites for weapons (still not pretty, but look less terrible on hardpoints than they did)
v1.1.4
updated Exerelin fleets for the Kadur Theocracy
implemented Exerelin fleets for the Qamar Insurgency
slightly dimmed cores of bright blue "near stars" in Mirage background image
maybe something else (i forget)
v1.1.3
added "allegiance items" to the Qamar Insurgency base on the fringe of Mirage and the Kadur Theocracy orbital fortress in Kadur
added giant "boss" fleets for both the Qamar Insurgency and Kadur Theocracy, each of which have a 50% chance of spawning roughly every 10 minutes
spread out planets in the Mirage system a little
slowed the Ca

Aversion is V2.2.2 or V2.3.0 ???? If it is v2.3.0 where is the download? Because the page only appears for v2.2.0.

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Kadur Remnant v2.2.2 (updated Jan 23rd 2019) - More than a Faction Mod
« Reply #276 on: February 14, 2019, 12:45:53 PM »

I update the changelog "live", so the topmost entry is WIP/unreleased. The link in the OP will always point to (and the OP/thread title will always state) the most recent release version.  :)

ASSIMKO

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 15, 2019, 10:29:44 AM »

I update the changelog "live", so the topmost entry is WIP/unreleased. The link in the OP will always point to (and the OP/thread title will always state) the most recent release version.  :)

Ok! Thank you.

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 26, 2019, 08:46:22 PM »

Code

Code

Another thing; without tomb world ruin fix like you mentioned above, the sector seed won't generate a usual sector as it should be and it will generate another gen of sector. I'm not sure how I would wording this but to make it more clear, I have a seed with a Terran world on Durzak. This seed won't work unless removed of "ruins" tag from tomb world.

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I've been playing around a bit with the colonial competitors and I think they're a pretty cool addition. They basically do for the outer systems what Nexerelin does for the core in terms of making the sector feel more dynamic and alive. Given that this feature is still in its relative infancy, I wanted to offer up a few questions/observations/suggestions:

How frequently are these events supposed to occur? I've literally had factions launch a second colonial expedition before their first one arrived at its destination. And I'm only a few months into cycle 210 and they've launched almost a dozen total (with an 8 of 11 success rate). It seems like this is a bit too often and should be limited to 2-3 per cycle (like how vanilla's expeditions are getting limited in 0.9.1a). At the very least, each specific faction should probably be limited to a single active expedition.

Should the fledgling factions be limited to surveyed planets for their targets? I wouldn't send a colony group to some random desert planet 50ly away without knowing what's there, and they probably shouldn't either. At the very least, they could be limited to planets with preliminary surveys (so that sneaky players don't go around leaving every <125% hazard planet they find only partially surveyed). I think this would make their expansion feel a bit more organic as they expand outward from the core into recently surveyed systems rather than randomly targeting systems at the far edge of the sector. Plus, this should reduce their chances of settling special worlds that they really shouldn't be able to colonize - like ones completely surrounded by REDACTED forces. For that matter, could they currently grab the red planet and break that quest?

Shouldn't there be more reasons for the expedition to fail aside from the player simply destroying their fleet? For example, in one instance I captured the staging market for the expedition before it spawned but it still gathered two weeks later anyway. For that matter, would saturation bombing the staging market stop them? I admit I haven't tried this, so I don't know if it would or not. As for other things I have actually tried, the planet already being colonized (and possessing a couple of completed buildings) by the time they arrive at their destination should definitely stop them. Instead, they just magically "colonized" right over the top of my existing colony resulting in a buggy state where the planet still appeared in my colony list but I couldn't edit the colony and the spaceport/patrol HQ I'd previously built were gone. Needless to say, I reloaded a previous save and "properly" prevented them from taking my planet.

Anyway, this is just some food for thought and I look forward to seeing how this feature evolves over time.

Blothorn

• Commander
    • View Profile

I don't see a reason to limit them to player-surveyed worlds, and that would give the player odd incentives (e.g. don't survey an area unless you are ready to colonize it). Having them send survey fleets ahead of colonization expeditions would be interesting, though.

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile

I've been playing around a bit with the colonial competitors and I think they're a pretty cool addition. They basically do for the outer systems what Nexerelin does for the core in terms of making the sector feel more dynamic and alive. Given that this feature is still in its relative infancy, I wanted to offer up a few questions/observations/suggestions:

How frequently are these events supposed to occur? I've literally had factions launch a second colonial expedition before their first one arrived at its destination. And I'm only a few months into cycle 210 and they've launched almost a dozen total (with an 8 of 11 success rate). It seems like this is a bit too often and should be limited to 2-3 per cycle (like how vanilla's expeditions are getting limited in 0.9.1a). At the very least, each specific faction should probably be limited to a single active expedition.

Should the fledgling factions be limited to surveyed planets for their targets? I wouldn't send a colony group to some random desert planet 50ly away without knowing what's there, and they probably shouldn't either. At the very least, they could be limited to planets with preliminary surveys (so that sneaky players don't go around leaving every <125% hazard planet they find only partially surveyed). I think this would make their expansion feel a bit more organic as they expand outward from the core into recently surveyed systems rather than randomly targeting systems at the far edge of the sector. Plus, this should reduce their chances of settling special worlds that they really shouldn't be able to colonize - like ones completely surrounded by REDACTED forces. For that matter, could they currently grab the red planet and break that quest?

Shouldn't there be more reasons for the expedition to fail aside from the player simply destroying their fleet? For example, in one instance I captured the staging market for the expedition before it spawned but it still gathered two weeks later anyway. For that matter, would saturation bombing the staging market stop them? I admit I haven't tried this, so I don't know if it would or not. As for other things I have actually tried, the planet already being colonized (and possessing a couple of completed buildings) by the time they arrive at their destination should definitely stop them. Instead, they just magically "colonized" right over the top of my existing colony resulting in a buggy state where the planet still appeared in my colony list but I couldn't edit the colony and the spaceport/patrol HQ I'd previously built were gone. Needless to say, I reloaded a previous save and "properly" prevented them from taking my planet.

Anyway, this is just some food for thought and I look forward to seeing how this feature evolves over time.

Thanks for this! Some really good feedback in here.

- re: frequency, there's a "roll" every 30-60 days (random interval between those values) and a 35% chance of an expedition every roll. I'll bump the interval up, reduce the percentage, and maybe look into putting in some other limits...

- re: planet targets and limiting them to surveyed planets, i don't think so, but i would like to add a little more background here. maybe a higher chance of them going for a class V that the player has surveyed IF the player sold that survey data to their parent faction, etc. this is more of a long-term goal.

there's already an exclusion for red beacon systems, maybe I'll stick in a couple more, like one for yellow beacons as well -- and i'll definitely put in a catch to make sure they don't colonize the red planet, haha! I'm also planning on cutting in some distance weighting, so they should prefer to colonize a "bubble" of space rather than spreading out across the whole sector -- or at least some of them should.

- re: expedition failure conditions, that's really weird that they just colonized "over" you... I swear to god there's a check in the colonization script right before actually doing the thing that should abort it if the target already has the "population" industry... WTF! I'll add another, separate check to see if the market is player-owned. I'll also add in some sanity checks to make sure they still control the market they're assembling at, hahaha.

Blothorn

• Commander
    • View Profile

Unfortunately, I am pretty sure you can't track which planets' survey data has been sold--the survey data cargo are generic (the API doesn't support attaching any information to stacking items).

It could be interesting to have the other factions send survey fleets ahead of their colonization fleets, though.

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile

Unfortunately, I am pretty sure you can't track which planets' survey data has been sold--the survey data cargo are generic (the API doesn't support attaching any information to stacking items).

It could be interesting to have the other factions send survey fleets ahead of their colonization fleets, though.

This one'll have to be a long-term goal because man, dealing with routes is a PAIN. But I agree it's a cool idea -- on the list! :P

Morathar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

For the record, the frequency may not be quite as bad as I originally thought - I just went through most of cycle 210 without any new expeditions until the Warhawks finally launched one in December. Previously, I must have just had multiple successful rolls on the lower end of that 30-60 day range so the factions managed to get several expeditions going simultaneously. (At least one of the expeditions was 100+ days long, so the RNG could have theoretically made three other success rolls while it was active.)

And, as if to highlight the flaws with my partial survey suggestion, the Warhawks targeted a REDACTED system where I didn't manage to fully survey all the planets because I, umm, "strategically retreated." Regardless, adding a "red planet" check and some distance weighting should address most of my concerns anyway. The only other problem I could foresee would be colonization of special planets/systems from other mods. The survey idea was also my attempt at creating a generic check that would prevent (or at least limit) expeditions to systems like those overrun/claimed by mod factions (like the Blade Breakers, the Sanguinary Anarchistic Defectors, or the IXth Battlegroups for example). Oh well, back to the drawing board on that one.

The sanity checks you've proposed sound great - that should take care of any other oddities I experienced with the expeditions. I can't explain the "population" check failing though - I colonized the planet several weeks before the expedition arrived in the hopes of completing the patrol HQ to get help defending the planet. Of course, it never produced any patrols in the brief time between its completion and their arrival, but it seemed like a good idea at the time...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 07:26:33 PM by Morathar »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 45