Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 45

Author Topic: [0.95a] Kadur Remnant 3.2.3 - life support 2021-03-27  (Read 696011 times)

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Kadur Remnant v2.1.4 (updated 2018/12/04)
« Reply #240 on: December 13, 2018, 11:34:55 AM »

Hey, we're on Nexus now. Cool.

The download link in the OP will always remain the most up-to-date version, in case anyone was wondering. Updates will be mirrored to Nexus... when I remember.  ;)
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 13, 2018, 12:18:30 PM »

honestly, keep the tips in. there are entire mods that are more 'political' on here than some book recommendations and a meme.

mattc0m

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 14, 2018, 03:39:57 PM »

I keep getting this after I recently updated:

Code
90409 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.campaign.fleets.KadurRetributionFleetManager.advance(KadurRetributionFleetManager.java:180)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advanceEvenIfPaused(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Harpuea

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 15, 2018, 09:08:03 AM »

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.campaign.fleets.KadurRetributionFleetManager.advance(KadurRetributionFleetManager.java:180)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advanceEvenIfPaused(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Error after loading save game after updating. Reverting back to old version. Since you did not highlight something so important in red as the mod is not saves safe.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 09:16:26 AM by Harpuea »

Psycho Landlord

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 16, 2018, 03:14:22 PM »

Definitely keep the loading tips in. One, because they're funny, and two because there's a literal nazi mod on this very page of the mods board and that guy upthread crowing about ideologies being forced on him through a thing he might see for a few seconds telling him where to toss his car battery is not arguing in good faith, since he's apparently a big fan of that particular pile of putrescence.

mattc0m

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 16, 2018, 05:44:36 PM »

Is there an old version I can download so it can work again? Would really like to not have to restart the game again :/

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 17, 2018, 12:41:33 AM »

As much as I appreciate the support, I'd really prefer to leave the tips discussion in the past (unless the *chan brigade shows up to whinge about Iain Banks or whatever again in which case go hog wild i guess) as I really didn't intend for my mod for the 2d spaceship game to be a political statement, heh.

Is there an old version I can download so it can work again? Would really like to not have to restart the game again :/

Here's a link to 2.1.3, hopefully that's the last version you had and it'll work -- make sure to delete the mod folder before unzipping it! I'll make sure future uploads include a big red warning that it'll break saves. ;)

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Kadur Remnant v2.1.5 (updated 2018/12/20)
« Reply #247 on: December 20, 2018, 12:57:46 PM »

Update to 2.1.5 is out! Grab it here.
This will definitely, absolutely, 100% break saves. Also, now requires LazyLib -- get that here.

This update features: Pirate starting option! And a new, exciting bounty manager script to go with it so that you can do bounties even as a pirate! Check KADUR_SETTINGS.ini for options to turn that off if you don't want it, or on ALL THE TIME if you REALLY want it.

Changelog:
Code
fixed the damn thing where immortals had missiles stuck on their noses
D-mods removed from "XIV Battlegroup" and pirate ships and skins (they'll still usually spawn with D-mods due to ship quality, but none are 'mandatory' now)
Tech type colors assigned
Pirate start added
Independent start added
script added to clear some room in starting area so you don't immediately get jumped by 8 Hegemony Dominators in the Kadur start
Camel (P) added
Falchion (P) added
Start options shuffled around, now in a submenu
Rock Hound salvage gantry now built-in, Rock Hound OP reduced by 5 to compensate
Hyena maneuverability (accel/decel) improved
Weapon rarity values adjusted (still not sure if this does anything)
Impact of Jazayer and both varieties of Particle Streamer increased
Jazayer Strike Cannon range lowered to 750
Ion Scatterer range increased to 350
IR Micropulser range increased to 350
Hammer Pod ammo increased to 10 (5 volleys)
Jezail Mass Driver removed
Light Flechette Driver renamed to Jezail Flechette Driver, accuracy decreased significantly
Jezail Driver Battery stats adjusted; per-shot damage reduced, rate of fire increased, now fires alternating single shots rather than two-shot burst, accuracy reduced significantly
New weapon: Jazeraint-class Gyrojet Driver
New weapon: Crystalline Splintergun
New weapon: Light Particle Streamer
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 01:01:03 PM by Vayra »

KailaRaZhu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 22, 2018, 12:14:14 PM »

Update to 2.1.5 is out!

Could be a coincidence but i got a "NullPointerException: null" when trying to salvage the debris field left behind by a pirate commissioned bounty after the battle.

I'll test some more.

Also Pirate Privateer start = the best!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 03:41:27 PM by KailaRaZhu »

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 22, 2018, 06:14:55 PM »

Update to 2.1.5 is out!

Could be a coincidence but i got a "NullPointerException: null" when trying to salvage the debris field left behind by a pirate commissioned bounty after the battle.

I'll test some more.

Also Pirate Privateer start = the best!

Ooogh, I think the nullPointerException on debris fields is a vanilla bug, as it's been happening across lots of games (some without my mod) and not directly related to anything that I can tell. :( It's made me pick back up the habit of quicksaving before and after doing anything, as if I'm playing a PC RPG from the year 2000.

And I'm glad you like the pirate start! I think my favorite thing about it actually is that it sort of indirectly nerfs colonies -- with so many factions upset at you, the accessibility penalty makes it take quite a bit longer before your settlements become just infinite money printing machines, heh.

Torch

• Lieutenant
  • Long-time lurker and space RPG fan, neutral good
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 28, 2018, 07:34:39 AM »

I'm really loving the pirate start too, it feels like the 'real' way to play Starsector - most importantly, I can attack pretty much every faction now because relations don't matter! So freeing to be an outlaw for once.

Volfgarix

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 30, 2018, 10:48:18 AM »

So I checked out the mod a bit.
First system seem to be a *** a bit - tons of factions that are enemies to each other, I wonder how Kadurs are supposed to survive there. Normally pirate bases are usually far from other habitats so it wouldn't end up with constant warfare and to give some reason why pirate stations weren't wiped out, yet. The black hole system doesn't look that bad in this regard.
Hegemony getting the lush, fertile planet seems a bit off - being a food factory is Church's thing.

Didn't get to check all ships yet, but Greyhound seems overpowered - it's a Hound with two extra small ballistic mounts and Accelerated Ammo Feeder without any extra drawbacks, so you practically get a speedy bruiser for cheap. It's more destructive than some larger frigates.

I like the pirate start option.

Singrana

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 31, 2018, 01:21:15 PM »

strange post to make, but your mod gets my 10/10 rating, quite rare, its above average on the "awesome stuff it adds" and importantly pays 0 cost in the "amount of vanilla breaking or OP stuff it adds to the game" unlike the VAST majority of mods that have A LOT of awesome additions to the game, but at a mild cost to OP stuff added, like the ship packs, dissasseble reassemble or an overall awesome mod like blackrock

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 01, 2019, 10:28:45 PM »

A curious question Varya, about the mod in the "ship pack" mode only (for a vanilla friendly feel as you have a few worthy additions~). Namely what are the rates of spawn for the ships on the independent and other markets? Since to me it seems like in SP mode a few ships like Badger and most of the "midline'nish" (except for pirate versions) don't really show up that often if at all? This isn't however a huge deal, but I haven't seen many of those ships around in the fleets either. With few exceptions like the Hail or the "XIV bettlejgryp" ships for example.

Speaking of the HAIL tho. I have wanted to ask about it's wide-arc mount that this ships suffers from making it practically useless. Namely the turn rate on this mount is abhorrent and seems to be even further bugged since adding the enhanced turning gear does not affect the turning rate of the turret in that slot at all. Which makes anything that's put there literally useless, even the Burst PD for 7 points with excellent turn rate struggles to be useful (which is notably the only functioning PD on this ship thanks to it's burst damage). Furthermore, I don't find the "high maintenance" on this ship reasonable - even more so considering it's broken mount...

I hope you won't mind some (hopefully) constructive feedback here. I'm sure going to test the mod in it's entirety in the future once I'll start a fresh campaign with additional factions.

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 02, 2019, 09:59:05 AM »

I'm really loving the pirate start too, it feels like the 'real' way to play Starsector - most importantly, I can attack pretty much every faction now because relations don't matter! So freeing to be an outlaw for once.

strange post to make, but your mod gets my 10/10 rating, quite rare, its above average on the "awesome stuff it adds" and importantly pays 0 cost in the "amount of vanilla breaking or OP stuff it adds to the game" unlike the VAST majority of mods that have A LOT of awesome additions to the game, but at a mild cost to OP stuff added, like the ship packs, dissasseble reassemble or an overall awesome mod like blackrock

Thanks! I'm really glad you're enjoying it.

A curious question Varya, about the mod in the "ship pack" mode only (for a vanilla friendly feel as you have a few worthy additions~). Namely what are the rates of spawn for the ships on the independent and other markets? Since to me it seems like in SP mode a few ships like Badger and most of the "midline'nish" (except for pirate versions) don't really show up that often if at all? This isn't however a huge deal, but I haven't seen many of those ships around in the fleets either. With few exceptions like the Hail or the "XIV bettlejgryp" ships for example.

Speaking of the HAIL tho. I have wanted to ask about it's wide-arc mount that this ships suffers from making it practically useless. Namely the turn rate on this mount is abhorrent and seems to be even further bugged since adding the enhanced turning gear does not affect the turning rate of the turret in that slot at all. Which makes anything that's put there literally useless, even the Burst PD for 7 points with excellent turn rate struggles to be useful (which is notably the only functioning PD on this ship thanks to it's burst damage). Furthermore, I don't find the "high maintenance" on this ship reasonable - even more so considering it's broken mount...

I hope you won't mind some (hopefully) constructive feedback here. I'm sure going to test the mod in it's entirety in the future once I'll start a fresh campaign with additional factions.

re: Spawn rates: The Badger used to show up literally everywhere so as of the last update I trimmed it back a lot, maybe I went a bit too far... I'll take a look at that and maybe bump it back up a bit for the next release. The "midline-ish" ships (except for the pirate versions) are the Kadur faction ships, so they won't spawn at all in 'ship pack mode' -- that's intended. :)

re: the Hail: Hmm... Just to be clear, we are talking about this mount circled in the image, correct?

I'll be sure to take a look at that, that's really strange. Regarding the High Maintenance, I'll take a look at the balance again but if you want a cheap, fast swarming combatant, remember the (P) version doesn't have it!

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 45