Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 45

Author Topic: [0.95a] Kadur Remnant 3.2.3 - life support 2021-03-27  (Read 696049 times)

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Kadur Remnant v2.1.2 (updated 2018/11/19)
« Reply #210 on: November 23, 2018, 11:05:37 AM »

So i've just found this, given your quickness to update to .9a, and i have to say that if it weren't for how fuel-inefficient the kadur ships are i'd use them.

Love the badger tender though. also hate it because i've had my ships blown up by the hammer drones far too often

Thanks! The fuel inefficiency was originally intended to balance their super-high speed (in the first incarnation of the mod, back in 2013...) but now that I've reduced their speed to merely "fast" I suppose it could use a second look...

And yeah, the Badger is my pride and joy.  :) It makes an excellent early-game battle line ship -- it's too slow to get itself into trouble, and I think that's one of its greatest strengths.

Download this mod and I have to say that charging into an enemy ship while screaming looks pretty lucrative for a battle strategy :p (is it a system for one of your ships?)
Any plans for a capital ship?
How about weapons?

It's a system for several of them! The Kadur Falchion, Rukh, and Sphinx all have a jet system that propels them forwards while increasing maneuverability, which can let you pull off some impressive rams and sideswipes. It also boosts their mass (for more ram weight) and reduces damage taken while the system is active... Just have to be careful you don't wind up way out of position with enemy ships closing in when the system runs out.

And then, well, there's the Dolphin. See if you can find one. It's an excellent little wrecking ball of a ship.

Re: weapons, there are already a couple in there and I do have plans for some large mounts, too. And if you check the earlier pages of the thread, you'll see that there were capitals once upon a time, heh. It's just that the sprites were real bad and larger sprites take comparatively more work to redo or update. But yes, I am working on it. :)
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

mkire

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 27, 2018, 11:41:35 PM »

Thanks! The fuel inefficiency was originally intended to balance their super-high speed (in the first incarnation of the mod, back in 2013...) but now that I've reduced their speed to merely "fast" I suppose it could use a second look...
for the fuel efficiency bits, i'd suggest maybe 25% more than a standard ship would use of that size; vanilla frigates all use like 1 fuel, have yours do 1.25. destroyers 2.5 and so on.

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 28, 2018, 06:27:25 AM »

Just wanted to say - with or without the Kadur ships, I love this pack for the extra vanilla bits.  It's filling in nicely for the ones I would usually have gone for that add a bit of bredth and variety at the low end, and I really like everything you've added there.

So far I haven't actually found any Kadur ships, so I can't comment on them, but if they're as good as the stuff I -have- found, I'll be happy!

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Kadur Remnant v2.1.3 (updated 2018/11/29)
« Reply #213 on: November 29, 2018, 10:16:46 PM »

Just wanted to say - with or without the Kadur ships, I love this pack for the extra vanilla bits.  It's filling in nicely for the ones I would usually have gone for that add a bit of bredth and variety at the low end, and I really like everything you've added there.

So far I haven't actually found any Kadur ships, so I can't comment on them, but if they're as good as the stuff I -have- found, I'll be happy!

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it. The Badger, in particular, I am proud of.  :D

Updated to 2.1.3, by the way: grab the new version for your next run (will break saves). Full changelog is in the OP, but a short list of things featured in this update are:
- Sweeping balance changes
- New non-Kadur small torpedo weapon
- Version Checker support
- Kadur crusader camps
- New starting options
- No more Kadur blueprints from exploration -- you'll have to buy them from Kadur military markets (placeholder until I set up some quests)

Coming next: More ships, and some sprite/artwork updates!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 09:43:38 AM by Vayra »

Mechanist

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 30, 2018, 12:41:49 AM »

with "grab the new version for your next run" you mean it will break my saves right?

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 30, 2018, 09:43:56 AM »

with "grab the new version for your next run" you mean it will break my saves right?

Yes, sorry -- should have clarified.

travhill20

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 02, 2018, 02:06:51 AM »

Just loaded this mod and the first thing I see when I start the game is immersion breaking, unrelated personal "tips". Please take that nonsense out.

Ravenholme

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 02, 2018, 04:33:09 AM »

Just loaded this mod and the first thing I see when I start the game is immersion breaking, unrelated personal "tips". Please take that nonsense out.

You can delete them yourself by removing the tips.json at Kadur Remnant/Data/Strings. One of the tips actually tells you how to do this.

Sin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 02, 2018, 01:49:12 PM »

But still, they really are not fitting at all.

Psycho Landlord

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 02, 2018, 06:14:19 PM »

So? They're loading screen tips. Loading screens kinda ensure you know you're playing a video game by definition. Crying "my immersion" over some quips you'll see for all of a couple seconds while your game is currently reinforcing that it is, in fact, a game is pretty special, guys.

etherealblade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 03, 2018, 12:48:38 PM »

You know, I can't put my finger on it. I just love this mod and where you are going with it. You know that ship to the far middle left? I love those gun metal accents. Just think how great it would look if the other bigger ships had those accents as well. They would then look unique compared to factions like Persian league that has nothing but plain tapioca colored ships. Great color, but the accents would make it killer. ;)

Edit: I just realized you already said you are still in the middle of revamping colors and adding more ships. You are doing a great Job. Love the mod.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 12:54:26 PM by etherealblade »
Spoiler

[close]

Torch

• Lieutenant
  • Long-time lurker and space RPG fan, neutral good
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 03, 2018, 12:57:59 PM »

I like the loading screen tips, anything is better than just the same vanilla ones we've all seen 4^ times. They're good tips too, hydration is really important.

Nicke535

• Commander
  • Degenerate Core
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 03, 2018, 01:21:46 PM »

So? They're loading screen tips. Loading screens kinda ensure you know you're playing a video game by definition. Crying "my immersion" over some quips you'll see for all of a couple seconds while your game is currently reinforcing that it is, in fact, a game is pretty special, guys.
Having something be "immersion breaking" for reasons such as, say, reminding you to drink water or having a joke not fitting for the Starsector lore isn't the problem here, in my opinion. That's of course subjective as well, but that's not something I'm going to comment on further.

What I do have a problem with, however, is "game tips" actively pushing political agendas (and being quite bloody accusatory to add). We don't get the mod to hear your bloody stance on anarchism, nor to hear you accuse all police forces of the world for outright corruption. I don't ask you to stop feeling like that, nor to stop saying it. But I find it more than just a bit distasteful to put that form of content in a mod.

Torch

• Lieutenant
  • Long-time lurker and space RPG fan, neutral good
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 04, 2018, 06:41:40 AM »

How can I make the most out of the Ram-jets? I love everything about this mod and really like the Kadur start, but the faction feels kind of weak overall. Fuel cost keeps me from taking more than 1-2 Kadur ships out at a time, and I struggle to actually hit any ships with the jets due to its short range. Ship impacts seem to do a ton of kinetic damage, though. Should I stack HE weapons and close the distance before ramming their shields to overload them?

RealMartyRobbins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 04, 2018, 07:13:27 AM »

Thankfully the tips are easy to permanently delete. I couldn't care less about the author's "ideology" but the way it's forced in the game is just terribly obnoxious.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 45