Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Newbie questions  (Read 2354 times)

Phoenixheart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Newbie questions
« on: September 14, 2013, 12:25:38 AM »

Sorry if any of these have been asked before, but I've looked around on the website, forums, even the manual and can't find the answers.

1) Is hyperspace actually implemented yet? It has been mentioned in the past few patch notes, but it doesn't seem to have any presence actually in game... At least, I cannot for the life of me find a jump point, or button for it, or anything...

2) Given enough time, will more cruisers/capitals become available at the stations? Like, eventually will there be more than one Eagle for sale? I've noticed smaller ships being replenished/added by the supply fleets, but I've yet to see anything larger than a destroyer as a new item in the shop. I've been playing my game for about 7-ish hours, I think.

3) Are all of the ships that are listed in the Codex available in some form or fashion to use in the campaign?

Phoenixheart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie questions
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 12:30:58 AM »

4) Does the abandoned station serve any purpose? Can it be used by the player as a home base of sorts, and will NPC's steal/take from it?

GUNINANRUNIN

• Admiral
  • Let's do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 12:36:12 AM »

Sorry if any of these have been asked before, but I've looked around on the website, forums, even the manual and can't find the answers.

1) Is hyperspace actually implemented yet? It has been mentioned in the past few patch notes, but it doesn't seem to have any presence actually in game... At least, I cannot for the life of me find a jump point, or button for it, or anything...

2) Given enough time, will more cruisers/capitals become available at the stations? Like, eventually will there be more than one Eagle for sale? I've noticed smaller ships being replenished/added by the supply fleets, but I've yet to see anything larger than a destroyer as a new item in the shop. I've been playing my game for about 7-ish hours, I think.

3) Are all of the ships that are listed in the Codex available in some form or fashion to use in the campaign?
4) Does the abandoned station serve any purpose? Can it be used by the player as a home base of sorts, and will NPC's steal/take from it?
1 There is a jump point right next to the station you spawn at when starting a new game in the latest version.

2 I cannot answer this.

3 I do not know.

4 You can store ships, crew and weapons there. NPCs cannot steal from it.
In short, if you throw a stone out of the rear window of your spaceship you will go faster.

Phoenixheart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 01:03:45 AM »

I don't see anything next to the station... (I started a new game to check)

What am I looking for, and/or how do I use this? Is it something I'll see in space floating next to the station, or do I have to go into a menu, etc? I literally don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for =/

Thanks for the quick response though!

Amazigh

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 01:20:13 AM »

2) Over time larger weapons/ships *should* become available for purchase at stations.

3) I'm pretty sure all ships are available in some way or another.

4) IIRC items "sold" to the abandoned station won't earn you money when sold, and can be bought back for free.

Phoenixheart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 01:21:13 AM »

Also, I suppose I should mention, my game version is 0.54.1a, which is the one the site had for download. Is that the latest?

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 01:33:42 AM »

Nope, .6a was just released yesterday. You can get it here.

Plasmatic

• Admiral
  • Curious no?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 01:37:46 AM »

Also, I suppose I should mention, my game version is 0.54.1a, which is the one the site had for download. Is that the latest?

Nope, 0.54.1 does not have hyperspace and is not the latest.

0.6 was just released ('just' as in 10 hours ago as of writing this)

0.6 is the version with Hyperspace :)

As for your other questions:

2) it's a bit random, but as stated earlier by Amazigh, they *Should* appear. (from what I know stations have a limit to the number of total ships and modules, if you buy out the stock and sell it somewhere else the station should get more ships/weapons, this requires a large lump of cash though)

3) Yes, all of them are available to fly in the campaign, it's just a matter of finding one.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
- Maurice Switzer