Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Headphones!  (Read 8817 times)

Aratoop

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Headphones!
« on: September 11, 2013, 12:49:01 PM »

Gah...my headphones just broke. One of the sides simply refuses to play any sound whatsoever. Are there any headphones that I can get within the price range of £60-£70 (or even £80) that are fairly decent? I can't get any in-ear ones- I wear hearing aids most all day, and it'd be a pain to have to effectively be wearing worse one (plus I'd like a mic)

But I digress, are there any decent headphones for that price-range? And if so, what ones?
The community's response to a change is inversely proportional to its importance.

What do you call a dog who's a magician? A labracadabra

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
Re: Headphones!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 02:07:47 PM »

3 pairs of Koss PortaPros will do the trick Patrick.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Aratoop

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2013, 02:12:23 PM »

Those look nice, but is it possibly to get noise-cancelling ones?
The community's response to a change is inversely proportional to its importance.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 03:30:12 PM »

Gah...my headphones just broke. One of the sides simply refuses to play any sound whatsoever. Are there any headphones that I can get within the price range of £60-£70 (or even £80) that are fairly decent? I can't get any in-ear ones- I wear hearing aids most all day, and it'd be a pain to have to effectively be wearing worse one (plus I'd like a mic)

But I digress, are there any decent headphones for that price-range? And if so, what ones?
¥
There is another thread full of suggestions :)
A person who's never made a mistake, never tried anything new
- Albert Einstein

As long as we don't quit, we haven't failed
- Jamie Fristrom (Programmer for Spiderman2 & Lead Developer for Energy Hook)

Axiege

• Admiral
  • What a brave and loving name.
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 06:29:15 PM »

¥
There is another thread full of suggestions :)

Mayhaps you link him to it then?

Aratoop

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 11:46:42 PM »

I had a look earlier, but they were mostly all out of my price range-so I thought you guys could help finding any cheaper ones (if possible)

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 12:05:47 AM »

Sorry, couldn't link due to being on my phone and this site is somewhat unwieldy in that respect.

As for cheap but good headphones a set of turtle beach X12's does the job, but you REALLY want to splash out in this department as a good set of headphones is essential to an immersive experience
- Albert Einstein

conorano

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 06:05:50 AM »

Take a look at these:
http://gaming-headsets-review.toptenreviews.com/?full_site=true

And you could also take a look at the plantronics gamecom headset. I currently have it and it works really great! And its not too expensive.

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 07:23:45 AM »

Ai, the gamecom is the headset, beautiful piece of kit, lovely to wear
- Albert Einstein

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 08:29:40 PM »

http://www.plantronics.com/us/solutions/gaming/

for plantronics headphones..

i use the gamecom 780's i quite enjoy them.. they can get quite loud and i have yet to have someone tell me i sound like crap on the mic like i did on my old headset of similar design.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

sdmike1

• Admiral
  • Dyslexics of the world, untie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 11:13:59 AM »

Not wanting to open another thread, does anyone have a recommendation on wireless headphones? they would be soooo handy but I am a money strapped college student so the the more value the better :)

Sproginator

• Admiral
  • Forum Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 11:32:40 AM »

Not wanting to open another thread, does anyone have a recommendation on wireless headphones? they would be soooo handy but I am a money strapped college student so the the more value the better :)

No idea on that front, but I know amazon will do quite a good selection
- Albert Einstein

Krippakrull

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2013, 04:33:04 AM »

Not sure if I am too late with my suggestion, but I recently bought a new pair of these: http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/pli/94-2838291/Headphones/QPAD-QH-90-Compare-Prices

I have had a bunch of *** and less *** headphones in the past, and I must say that the QH-90s are definetely among my favorites so far. Directly compared to my porta-pros the sound is a lot more nuanced. Compared to my brother's expensive Sennheiser HD598 they lose out a bit when it comes to nuance, but they sound a lot more fun out of the box, and I find individual sounds easier to pick out with the QH-90s. The big thing is how crazy comfortable they are though, you hardly even notice you have them on. Best gaming headphones I ever bought really.

cell

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 02:21:09 PM »

you want headphones or a headset? you said headphones but mention wanting a mic.

if headphones i can recommend the ATH-A700. the A700's are discontinued but what i linked replaced them. the specs and wing design are slightly different so i cant really comment. theres plenty of reviews around the net on the old A700's though. they are considered to be one of the best sounding "budget" high end headphones.

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2013, 06:57:08 PM »

I'm decently proud of the Sennhaiser HD449, and not that expensive. http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-449-Headphones-Black/dp/B005N8W214