Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: how to download the game again?  (Read 2340 times)

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
how to download the game again?
« on: September 06, 2013, 08:48:29 AM »

Hi,

I bought Starsector when it was still Starfarer... How do I access my client area and get the installer and the serial key, if there is one?

Thanks in advance.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
Re: how to download the game again?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 09:17:15 AM »

Hi vorpal,

you can download the installer here. The key was sent to you via email, you might want to check in your email client if the original email with the code is still there. Search for "bmt micro".

If you can't find it there you can send a mail directly to keys [at] bmtmicro [dot] com.
Give them your information (in particular the email-address you used to order the game), describe your problem and they will help you.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 10:53:39 PM »

thanks.

If I get it right, we can at most be in 0.54a, but there are pages upon pages of changelogs up to 0.60, I guess there was some in-between release then, surely Alex won't unleash all these changes at once, if just to optimize beta testing and error reporting?

naufrago

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 12:09:17 AM »

thanks.

If I get it right, we can at most be in 0.54a, but there are pages upon pages of changelogs up to 0.60, I guess there was some in-between release then, surely Alex won't unleash all these changes at once, if just to optimize beta testing and error reporting?

Your guess is incorrect. =p It really has been many, many months since the last release. He's still hard at work, though. The changelogs are just there to let us know what he's been working on since the last release.