Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Hope and Duty - Reboot  (Read 5398 times)

Pendragon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Hope and Duty - Reboot
« on: August 31, 2013, 01:22:29 PM »

Hi Everyone,

It's been a good long while since I started Hope and Duty and almost as long since I was forced to put it on hold as a result of other matters in my life. I received a tremendous amount of positive feedback on it at the time and many people had expressed a great deal of interest in seeing it continue. Well. I am here to let you know that I am once again in a place where I can make sure that it does.

I am in the process of extensively re-writing the story and expanding it into a full-length novel which I am approximately 10% through completion. There were serious word-count issues with trying to post full chapters on the forum so I am putting together a dedicated site where I will be hosting the first few chapters once they are complete and will also be posting previews of each here.

Since the Starsector universe is still very fluid and in-development there are divorces between the setting in the book and the ever-expanding Starsector universe and these will likely grow as the game and my work both progress along their individual paths. I will post a link to the site a preview of the first chapter as soon as they are both finalized and look forward to sharing it with you.

Karlito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Hope and Duty - Reboot
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 10:38:03 PM »

Hey that's awesome! I really enjoyed reading through the seven posted chapters a few months back.

NITROtbomb

• Commander
  • I like Mah glass cannon ships :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 06:23:06 PM »

sounds like fun :P
Dancing and playing games, how does that work.. well YOU tell me!

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 01:36:12 AM »

very nice, H&D is my favorite fanfic here by far (though given, I haven't finished reading all that many, most didn't catch my attention)

is it still in starfarersector universe? Or are you moving it to something a tad more original for copyright purposes?
mmm.... tartiflette

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 06:13:29 AM »

Great! I wish you the best of luck with pulling through :)

The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Pendragon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 09:54:15 PM »

Hi Gunny,

I'm keeping most of the original elements of the universe and story but I will be changing certain details for copyright purposes as you mentioned. I'll be aiming to have the site live and the first preview posted before the end of the month and will be hoping to see you all there.