Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Random Battle  (Read 3371 times)

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Random Battle
« on: February 04, 2012, 07:51:51 AM »

Im getting slightly annoyed with only having the Conquest class for my random battles.
Why not make the game choose between all of the capital ships? (Astral-carrier, Onslaught etc)

Im thinking this would add some nice variety and change of tactics into the game. I find myself using the same tactic over and over again because of that Conquest.

Im also seeing how not all the ships are implemented into the Random Battles. Like the Appoge for example. I would love to see all the ships being put in there for players to use.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 08:57:40 AM by Faiter119 »

Hopelessnoob

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Random Battle
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 08:07:35 AM »

You can fly any ship above fighter, simple click on it on the tactical map and transfer command also you don't have to deploy the conquest. Although i do agree with this suggestion should be true random.

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 12:01:09 PM »

Yeah im finding it really annoying how i get the Conquest over and over  >:( And i know i can pilot other ships.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 12:04:30 PM »

You guys might want to check this thread out :)

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 12:29:53 PM »

I was more thinking about Fractal redoing the Randoms to feature the rest of the ships and different capitals. But thanks for answering.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 12:34:28 PM »

To be honest, the random mission was kind of an afterthought. I'd like to add a more configurable custom mission at some point, but for now, all my focus is on the campaign.

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 04:46:51 PM »

That makes me sad :( Random missions are basically the only missions i play after a few tries at the "impossible" missions (Whom i ragequit after a while) But that will all probably go away when 0.5 comes out :)

Magokitsune

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 06:27:29 PM »

When 0.5a comes out it think the missions will become more of a tasting plate, and a trial ground, for modifying your fleet to become more effective. Especially since it'd be pretty easy to make a mod that has your fleet available and then using some other mods being able to modify your ships to see how your fleet would fair against an onslaught onrush for example.

AdmiralMaelstrom

• Lieutenant
  • When death approaches, fire another volley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2012, 01:10:58 PM »

Have to remember it is still Alpha!  :) But I do agree that it would be a nice change, I feel your pain with the Impossible missions (especially Nothing Personal)
Whatever it takes, no matter the cost.